Wii buyer's guide! For me!

Posted by maian

Alright. IT'S HAPPENING. In the next month, I'll finally acquire a freaking Wii. I'm going to buy two games, and I'm leaning towards Zelda and Wii play for the free Wiimote, then I can use a gift card to buy a nunchuck. But, if anything's a lot better than Wii Play, or it's just good enough to spend $50 more on, tell me.

Monkey Ball? Excitetruck? I need suggestions. :)

Posted by Sage Shadows

Madden looks really good, if you like football that is.

Posted by Dexter

Wait 45 or whatever days for Mario Party 8 as your second game or just get Wii Play because you're going to need another Wiimote anyway.

Posted by Drewboy64

Excite Truck is really fun. Multiplayer isnt much (but still tides me over), but Singleplayer has tons of unlockables.

COD3 is the best FPS so far if you want that, although lack of multiplayer is dissappointing.

Metal Slug Advance - 7 games for 40 bucks. Not many extras, but it's fun.

Posted by Dexter

Do not, for any reason, get Call of Duty 3 on the Wii. You're better off getting Red Steel, seriously.

You seem interested in Monkey Ball. If you've played the games and have enjoyed them, then I think you'll end up enjoying the Wii version. We spoke about it pretty well in a Monkey Ball thread that might be a page back in the forum. Check it out for some opinions.

I think if you got Zelda and Wii Sports with your system, it'll keep you busy enough until Mario Party 8 comes out at the start of March.

Posted by Klarth

If you're just getting Zelda and Play, why do you need a nunchuk? There's one in the system's box, Zelda doesn't support multiplayer, and Wii Play only needs remotes. You have the option of using a 'chuk in the Tanks game, but it's totally optional. And pointless.

Wario Ware.

Posted by Dexter

Boxing in Wii Sports uses the Nunchuk and I'm sure he'll eventually get games that supports it. Might as well spend the money for the controllers since there's still a lack of decent games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wario Ware and Zelda. You can get the nunchuck a lot later, since all the multiplayer games worth playing on the Wii right now only need the Wiimote.

Posted by maian

Yeah, I wanted a Nunchuck just for future. I've always been really bad at getting controllers for my systems. On almost every one someone will buy me crappy third party ones, and I won't get any first party controllers until like the last year it's out. :( I want to get a controller now ASAP, so when I do get good multiplayer games, I'll be able to get on them immediately.

Besides, Wii Play saves me $40, and I have a gift card for Best Buy that'll get me a nunchuck. That's what I want for now, regardless of the games I currently own, because my next game would probably be Mario Party 8 when it comes out.

Posted by Dexter

Good choice. That's the next Wii game I plan on getting. I'm not even finished with Zelda yet so the wait won't be so difficult.

Posted by s0ul

How?! The game's like 10 minutes long.

Posted by maian

True. :(

Well, I guess it only seems like that. To the experienced Zelda player, it's like 30 hours. To the less experienced, it's like, 40+.

I still beat it in four days though. I just got past Arbiter's Grounds on my second playthrough.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Zelda and Elebits.

for sho.

Posted by TheSorrow

Wario Ware and Elebits

Posted by Ant

Elebits is a decent game. Although it's more of a quick pick me up kinda game. Not very engaging.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting s0ul: How?! The game's like 10 minutes long.

Games are starting to take me longer to go through due to other activities getting in the way. It's not that games are getting longer, I'm just losing the chances to play them.