Rumors of new CD from GNR

Posted by solarphoenix990

I heard that Guns N' Roses was making a new cd(chinese democracy)expecting a release date of march 6th. I want to know if this is true or not, just because I dont want to be disapointed and go out looking for it on march 6th lol. But if you hear anything please post.

Posted by veritas

That would be uber cool

Posted by Omni

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy#Current_status

It's in the bottom of the "Current Status" section of the article. Plus, I'm sure you'll hear about it the day it actually does come out, because anticipation is going to be huge and people will be talking about it. I'll probably download it at some point, assuming it ever does come out. Axl has supposedly recorded it over several times because he wasn't satisfied with the results and he felt people leaked too much information about it.

Oh, and it's not going to be entirely like old GN'R, based on what I've read about the album and the songs on the internet, so expect to be surprised. It could also suck.

Alright, thanks I wasnt sure if they would ever make a new cd again... Lots of people were saying they broke up which im not sure if they actually did but I do know that slash and another member went to play with velvet revolver, so im hoping they come out with a new cd and i cant wait for it because basicly all the songs on my computer, are Guns N' Roses songs except i dont have any of the songs from spaghetti incident, but my friends gona let me borrow that cd this week i hope, i also have ac/dc and a few other 80's bands as well as GNR such as Queen, Aerosmith, and thats about it, but thanks for the info, ill check it out and hope to gawd they release their new cd when its expected to be released.

Btw: i have heard a verson of the song "O My ***" that i downloaded... but im not sure if it is going to be the same version as the one on the cd when it comes out, but it sounded pretty good to me =)

*Edit: I just read that song would not be on their new cd, but o well, should have bigger and better songs if i liked that one :) (at least i hope)

Posted by Omni

"Oh My God" is not going to be on the album. It's from a soundtrack. Slash left GN'R because he didn't like the new industrial influences Axl wanted to incorporate into their music. Didn't read the article much? The tracks are all listed, and there's even some information about some of them available there. Lots of demos for songs have leaked on the net, though.

Quoting solarphoenix990: i also have ac/dc and a few other 80's bands as well as GNR such as Queen, Aerosmith, and thats about it, but thanks for the info, ill check it out and hope to gawd they release their new cd when its expected to be released.

Oh, and Queen is a supremely awesome band that profoundly influenced GN'R's music.

O yea i forgot to include in my other list of bands on my computer that i have some nazereth on here as well, not many of their songs tho, only have "Son of a B*tch" and one other one that i cant think of the name of right now... ill think of it eventually lol

BTW: could you please tell me which songs u have found, that have been leaked.... i'd like to download them =)

Posted by Omni

Quoting solarphoenix990: O yea i forgot to include in my other list of bands on my computer that i have some nazereth on here as well, not many of their songs tho, only have "Son of a B*tch" and one other one that i cant think of the name of right now... ill think of it eventually lol

That "Son Of A Bitch" song is totally called "Hair Of The Dog" and it's from an album of the same name. You're just full of surprises, aren't you?

Nazareth was also an influence on GN'R, and they even recorded "Hair of The Dog" for The Spaghetti Incident? to pay tribute to them.

On the new album, Axl also shows his love of Seattle grunge music by emulating its style on at least one song. He once asked Kurt Cobain if Nirvana would tour with them, and they declined. This ended up starting a feud of sorts between the two bands that got really stupid at times.

Soundgarden undertook a tour with GN'R instead to support their BadMotorFinger album, and they're way cooler, so it was a win-win situation, I guess, since GN'R's fans got to hear some cool music and Soundgarden got to sell some records. Axl also covered "Big Dumb Sex" on The Spaghetti Incident? in tribute of Soundgarden, which is ironic due to the fact that the song ridicules the sleazy hair metal bands like GN'R and Motley Crue.

Posted by veritas

I got....acdc, aerosmith, alice cooper, Black sabbath, BOC, Eric Clapton, GNR, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Nirvana, Ozzy, Pink Floyd, Quiet Riot, Rolling Stones, Temple of the Dog, Van Halen, The Who, ZZ top.......BOOM

Posted by Pit

will listen cause guitar hero Ron thal in on that

Posted by Hyper

lol it wasn't out in 2006 axl fails

Posted by Omni

LOL, it wasn't out any of the times he said it would be. He keeps delaying it, and it's currently the most expensive album ever recorded to his his continual delaying and revamping of the music on it. It had better be awesome or he fails massively.