Not Quite Emo Songs

Posted by Omni

Hey, what are some songs that aren't by emo bands that express the same kind of views as typical emo music? I'll pick "I'm A Loser" by the Beatles and "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails for this category. I'm sure everyone can think of more, and I'll have some ideas later, I bet.

Posted by Phantasma2

I bet Xasthur falls into this.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I bet Xasthur falls into this.

not really. suicidal bm has a completely different view, though the topic is similar.

Posted by Phantasma2

Oh yeah right, forgot about that "I'M HAPPY LETS COMMIT SUICIDE" thing.

Posted by Auto Rock

Possibly Rescue Me by Zebrahead. I do not consider them emo but they do share some of the same views and sound a lot alike.

Posted by Sean Fury

"Loser" and "Be Like That" by 3 Doors Down
"Rescue Me" and "Seein' Red" by Unwritten Law

I'll try and think of more later, because I know there's a lot more.

Posted by Arwon

The mere fact that someone can ask this question and not immediately get shot down for being an idiot (comparing Johnny Cash to EMO!? say it aint so!) tells me that we need to somehow reclaim the term "emotional" and the concept of sadness in music from the clutches of these overearnest hair-dyed f*ckwits. They're ruining music for everyone.

Posted by Omni

Where does it compare Johnny Cash to emo?

Posted by G-Sides

every song ever by TSOL, except for the one about necrophilia
lots of songs by weezer, like haunt you every day and basically everything else off of make believe except for beverly hills :s

chronic schizophrenia by wesley willis 8-)

Posted by Arwon

Haha, that's what I get for posting so late. I read "Hurt" and since the Cash version is so much better I guess my mind just said "Cash".

Nonetheless, my basic point still stands. It's time to reclaim sadness from the emo-brigade.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Agreed. I fear the day Tenhi is considered emo :(