Dark Secret - Day 11

Posted by Roxas Lover

Sorry that it took so long, for the lame parts, and the fact that it's two posts again. lol. But here it is. Hope you like it.
---
Dark Secret

Posted by Roxas Lover

And here's the rest of it. lol.
---
Sai slowly approached Riku from the air. At first Riku didn’t know he was there, but then he heard the flapping of large wings. Sai hid in a tree so that he would have enough time to hide his wings. Riku sensed a large amount of energy behind him and then said, “I know you’re there.” Sai jumped out of the tree. Riku turned around to see who he was facing. His face had no emotion. “What are you doing here?” asked Sai. “None of your concern.” replied Riku. “Yeah right. You’re going after Hotaru again, aren’t you?” “Maybe I am, maybe I’m not.” “If you do so much as touch her, I won’t hesitate to kill you.” “Oh really? And how would she feel about that?” Sai balled his hands into fists and narrowed his eyes at Riku. Sai noticed that Riku was getting shorter. He looked down to the ground and saw that Riku was slowly sinking into a pool of darkness. Sai ran toward Riku but was too late, Riku had already vanished. “He’s going for Hotaru!” he thought. He instantly grew his wings back and flew high in the sky to find her. He finally found her on top of a wide cliff, standing next to Kousuke. “Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse.” And he flew off to warn her and Kousuke.

--Cliff--

Hotaru and Kousuke had finally reached the top of the cliff. As soon as Kousuke stepped off the piece of land, it went back down to its original place. “Um Kousuke?” Hotaru asked. “Yes?” he replied. “You can put me down now.” she said, her face starting to turn red. “Huh?” he asked, then he finally realized that he was still holding her up, “Oh, sorry.” His face also turned red and he slowly lowered her to the ground. As soon as she had both her feet on the ground, she resumed her search in the sky. “So why’d you come all the way out here anyway?” Kousuke asked, staring at her. It seemed as though Hotaru ignored the question because she didn’t answer. Kousuke stared at the ground, “I wonder what she’s thinking.” he thought. Hotaru finally found what she was looking for and pointed at it with a smile on her face, “That, that’s what I came out here for.” Kousuke looked in the direction she pointed and saw it instantly. “A lunar rainbow.” Kousuke said. They both stared at it in amazement. Hotaru finally broke the silence and said, “I’ve only seen one, so I’m glad I got to see this one too.” “Why did you go through all that to come and see it, though? I mean, it is beautiful and all, but still.” Kousuke said. “Because…I wanted to make another wish.” “Huh?” “Well, I’ve always believed that lunar rainbows can grant wishes. I don’t know why, I just do.” Kousuke smiled at her and asked, “What was your first wish?” Hotaru’s face turned beet red. He noticed and again asked, “What was it?” “To meet…someone…like you, Kousuke.” she replied in a low voice so that only Kousuke could hear. Kousuke’s face turned beet red as well. They stared into each others eyes for a few minutes. Hotaru got nervous and began to laugh nervously, “I’m sorry you had to hear that, so if you don’t mind I will be going now.” She turned around and began to walk away. Kousuke grabbed her arm, “Wait!” he shouted. Hotaru turned back to face him. He didn’t let go of her arm. “I-I’ve been waiting for someone like you too.” he said to her, staring directly into her eyes, “I love you, Hotaru.” Hotaru stared back into his eyes; she felt shock and joy at the same time. She took her arm from Kousuke, jumped to him, wrapped her arms around his neck, and hugged him tight. Kousuke wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her back. “I love you too, Kousuke.” she said softly. They stared at each other another few minutes, slowly moved their faces closer to each other, closed their eyes, and kissed. It was a long, sweet kiss. “I hope this moment never ends.” Kousuke thought. But, it unfortunately ended when they both heard the sound of wings flapping and footsteps on the ground. “Get your hands off her!” they heard two people shout in unison. They broke away from each other and turned to who was there. On one side was Riku staring at Kousuke with an angry look in his eyes. And on the other side was Sai, flapping his wings in the air staring also at Kousuke with an angry look in his eyes. Riku walked up to them and pushed Hotaru behind him, “If you ever touch her again, you’ll regret it.” he said in a low, angry voice. Sai looked as if he was going to yell at Kousuke as well, but he stopped and turned to Hotaru. “Hotaru get away from him!” Sai demanded. But Hotaru didn’t listen. In stead, she had a shocked look on her face and asked, “Riku, you remember?” Riku also had a shocked look on his face, “Why? Why did I say that?” he thought. He turned to face Hotaru and looked into her eyes. Suddenly an image flashed in his mind. It was an image of a little girl that looked like Hotaru that seemed to be from his past. Then another image of the same girl flashed, and then another and another and then even more. Riku’s head started pounding. He brought his hands up to his head and shut his eyes in pain. He pushed hard with his hands, trying to stop the pounding, but only made it worse. He fell to his knees and grinned in pain. “Stop! Make it stop!” he yelled. Hotaru reached her hand out to help him, but Riku pulled out his keyblade in a quick motion and swung it at her. But before it could hit her, Sai swooped down and picked her up. Sai’s leg was cut by doing this. “Sai! Your leg!” Hotaru shouted. “Worry about yourself.” he said to her, “You could have been killed.” “That doesn’t mean you have to get hurt because of me.” she replied. “The cut isn’t that deep.” Out of the corner of her eye, Hotaru saw a flash of light. When she looked down to see what it was, she saw that Kousuke had created a sword and was going to fight Riku. She wanted to yell at him to tell him to run away, but it was too late, the battle had already begun.

--Battle on the cliff--

Kousuke watched as Riku prepared a ball of dark energy to throw at Sai and Hotaru, he wasn’t going to let that happen. Kousuke charged at Riku with full speed and hit him before he could throw the ball of energy. The energy ball disintegrated and Riku turned to Kousuke. “Stay out of this.” said Riku. “First you want to protect her, know you want to kill her! What is your problem?!” Kousuke yelled. “This is none of your business.” “No, you just made it my business by attacking her.” Then, without warning, Riku began to attack Kousuke with his keyblade. All Kousuke could do at this point in time was block his attacks, which were fairly simple to deflect. “Is he just blindingly attacking me?” thought Kousuke. He then decided to fight back and began swinging his sword at Riku as well. With each hit, Kousuke noticed that Riku’s grip on his keyblade became looser and looser. “What is his problem?” he thought again. Riku then jumped out of the way, tightened his grip, and then charged at Kousuke. Kousuke put up his sword up to block and waited for the attack. When Riku hit him it was so hard that Kousuke almost lost the sword, but Kousuke pushed back. Riku tried knocking Kousuke to the ground by forcing as much strength as he could, but Kousuke kept pushing back. “Why? Why do you want to kill her?” Kousuke asked. “So that the pounding in my head will stop. Every time I look at her my head starts pounding.” he replied. “That’s the reason you want kill your own sister?!” Riku eyes turned from angry to shock and he stopped pushing and he fell to the ground due to Kousuke’s push. Questions ran through Riku’s mind. What if he’s right? Is Hotaru really my sister? What is this feeling I have that is telling me that she is my sister?

--Up in the air--

Hotaru saw Riku and Kousuke stop fighting. She saw Riku sitting on the ground with a confused look on his face. “I wish there was a way to help Riku remember who I am.” she thought in her head. “There is a way.” she heard someone say in her mind. “Who said that?” she asked. “There is a way to help Riku.” she heard the voice say again. This time it sounded like a male’s voice, a familiar, male voice. “Father?” she asked in her mind. “Yes, Hotaru, it’s me.” her father told her. “Father you said there was a way that I can help Riku. How can I do that?” “Use your power. The power of the necklace you wear.” “My necklace has that sort of power?” “Yes, and other kind of powers as well. You just have to find them out.” “But what power do I use to help Riku? And how do I use it?” “The answers will come to you. The only condition is that Riku is willing to remember.” “I hope that he is willing to remember.” “Don’t worry, he will be.” “Huh?” “Goodbye Hotaru.” “Wait! What happened to mom? You never told me how she died.” “Riku will tell you that too. Your mom also wanted me to tell you she misses you very much. Now, goodbye Hotaru.” “I love you father. And tell mother I love her too.” “I love you too Hotaru, and so does your mother.” Tears began to form in her eyes. “Goodbye father.” “Goodbye Hotaru.” Her tears began to fall from hers eyes, and fell on Sai’s arm. “Are you ok Hotaru?” Sai asked concerned. Hotaru wiped away the tears from her eyes and said, “It’s nothing. Sai take me down to Riku.” “Why?” “Please, just take me down.” Sai blushed and then said, “Fine.” And he slowly flew down to the ground.

--Cliff-Riku’s point of view--

“Is she really my sister?” he kept asking himself. He slowly searched his mind for the answer to his question suddenly; he heard a female voice say, “She is your sister, Riku.” Riku instantly recognized the voice and replied, “Mom?” “Yes, my son, it’s me.” “Why are you here?” “I’ve come to set you in the right direction.” “So, Hotaru is my sister?” “Think back long and hard. You should have figured out that there was a reason all those images of her as a child showed up in your mind a little while ago.” Riku closed his eyes and thought back. He remembered in his past was a little girl who looked like Hotaru as a child. He remembered them living in the same house as her, with his mother and father. “She is my sister.” he finally said. “Yes. And the only way you can go back to the way you were, is by using her help.” his mother said. “When she helps me, will I finally be back to normal?” “Well, there will be a little part of you that will still be controlled by Ryo. And the only way to get rid of that is to kill Ryo.” “I understand now. Thank you mom.” “Your welcome, my son. And remember to protect Hotaru; she’s the only family you have left.” Riku chuckled, “All right mom.” “Goodbye Riku.” “Goodbye mom.” Riku opened his eyes and saw Hotaru standing in front of him.

--Cliff--

Hotaru saw Riku open his eyes. She offered him a hand to help him up and he took it. Once he stood up he said, “Hotaru, do whatever it is that you have to do to help me return to normal.” She smiled and said, “I will.” Her smile reminded Riku of his mother, “Now that I think about it, she does look a little like mom.” he thought. Hotaru backed a few inches away from Riku and brought her hands up by her necklace. She whispered a little chant and a bright light shot out from the red jewel of her cross. The light shot at Riku and he fell to the ground. As he lay on the ground, his memory started to come back to him. His eyes closed and he smiled. “It’s all coming back to me.” he thought. Riku felt his head being put on something warm and soft. He remembered this feeling from a long time ago. It felt like his mother, but he knew it was his sister‘s lap. He missed this feeling, he missed his sister. He opened his eyes and slowly got up. He helped Hotaru get up from the ground. Hotaru wrapped his arms around Riku and said, “We can finally be a family again.” Riku hugged her back, “Yes.” After they finished hugging, Hotaru broke away and said, “Now if you don’t mind, I would like to go home. I’m tired.” “Me too.” replied Kousuke. “Then let’s go.” said Sai. “Will your friends accept me?” asked Riku. “If they don’t, then I’ll fight for you.” said Hotaru. Riku smiled at her and said, “Thanks.” Hotaru grabbed Kousuke’s hand, they both blushed, and started to walk back home. Riku and Sai followed and glared at Kousuke from behind. Nori-nori dropped from out of a tree onto Sai’s shoulder. “There you are.” said Sai. He pet her on the head, and then turned back to glaring at Kousuke. And they all walked back to Kairi’s house.

--to be continued--

Posted by Sak

[SIZE="7"]YOUR CHAPTER KICKED A[COLOR=darkred]SS[/COLOR]!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Posted by Roxas Lover

But there always too long!!!!!!!!!!! T_T

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: But there always too long!!!!!!!!!!! T_T

Yes, but they're INTERESTING.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Ok. As long as you're happy.

Posted by antisora

Awsome long time no see

Posted by Sak

Quoting antisora: Awsome long time no see

Whoa you haven't been here in like... forever. lol.