Secret Chiefs 3

Posted by Omni

A friend of mine used to play their music all the time when I was in his car. People would get in and be like, "What the **** is that?!" I've just started listening to them again. The members of the band rotate, so each album has its own distinct sound. Their music is definitely considered avant-garde, and it shows a lot of ethnic influences and divergent styles. Has anyone else listened to them?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Philsdad sent me Book M. Pretty cool stuff.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, I got it from him, too. He's the one who reminded me how cool they were. He has some interesting taste in music.

Posted by Philsdad

The chiefs are great. Trey Spruance, the guitarist from Mr. Bungle is the genius behind all of it. Basically the rest of the musicians rotate as SCC said. There are seven different bands or "phases" based on different styles of music. Their "Book of Horizons" album had several of them featured.. Ishraqiyun plays a lot of middle eastern music and has members of Estradasphere as part of its member base.

Posted by Omni

Out of all the tunes I've heard yet from them, "Horsemen Of The Invisible" is my favorite. They're all great, though.

Posted by Slade

Huh, sounds interesting. Is the link for download in the VUR thread?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Nope. I can upload it though.

Posted by Slade

Oh, you could, could you?

good to know, good to know...

Posted by Xenos

Whoa, I thought that I was the only person on here, besides Philsdad, that listens to them. If there is anyone here that has Book of M 2 and is willing to share it on a file hosting site .... please. Share. :(

Posted by Omni

Okay, I'm hoping this is the one you wanted. You did mean Book M, right? If not, then I guess this won't be much help. I made a ZIP file with all 13 tracks. The download URL is below.

[code]http://www.filefactory.com/file/bb5668/[/code]

Anyways, it's good stuff, so enjoy. My favorites are "Horsemen Of The Invisible" and "Zulfiqar III" if I had to pick. I guess I'll leave it here for anyone who wants to hear it.

Philsdad also has it on his DC++ hub.

Posted by Philsdad

Hm, I think I sent Xuphansa the entire Book M album back in the day, she might have meant Book of Horizons..which I used to have in .flac format but lost. I need to get it back because that album is also awesome. Either way, keep the link up here anyway because more people need to hear this album.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, I wasn't sure, cuz there's not really a Book M 2. Anyways, Slade and can use it, since he thought it sounded interesting. Yeah, more people do need to hear this album.

Posted by Xenos

Yeah, yeah. Book of Horizons, sorry - my mind lapsed for a minute.

Posted by Omni

That happens to me several times a day, so don't worry about it.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Xuphansa: Whoa, I thought that I was the only person on here, besides Philsdad, that listens to them. If there is anyone here that has Book of M 2 and is willing to share it on a file hosting site .... please. Share. :(

[url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=15623&page=17]Check it out, yo.[/url]

Posted by Xenos

You are awesome.

Posted by Omni

I'm downloading this now.

Posted by Raptor

I uploaded Book M to the VGC upload thread quite awhile ago, but apparently you're all blind. :)

Posted by NoiN

My favourite song from Secret Chiefs 3 is Zulfiqar 3 just because its more on the trance/techno side. The rest that I have from that Book M is pretty good, but not my stuff.