Is "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" really better than Ocarina of Time

Posted by Victorious1

For those of you who've played Twilight Princess. Is the game really better than the classic Ocarina of Time?

And just how good are Twilight Princess' graphics on the Gamecube? Do you think they compare to Xbox graphics?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The graphics look the exact same on each platform. If you want to compare TP's visuals with the XBox, you'd have to specific title(s).

Anyway, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess make up my Axis of Awesome Zelda games. Currently, Majora's Mask is on top, as I'm replaying it and, being older and wiser, I sorta appreciate the darker undertones more now than when I was eleven. Though at some point or another, all three have been on top.

Twilight Princess can basically be seen as an expansion of all the ideas put forth in OoT. Therefore, it is a superior game if you compare both in the modern day. But Ocarina of Time can honestly come out on top if you look at each in terms of when they were released. OoT really rocked the fukken N64/PSOne era's boat, whereas Twilight Princess comes at the end of a generation. Although I loved every moment, there wasn't anything groundbreaking in it.

Posted by solarphoenix990

Well im not sure how well the graphics are for the gamecube, but for the Wii the graphics are great. I think that Twilight Princess is better than ocarina of time just because of the fact that I have gotten stuck perminantly in ocarina of time because I cant figure out what to do, but in TP I am currently in the 7th dungeon right now and have only gotten stuck a few times so far.

Posted by Zeta

Ocarina of Time is still slightly ahead of Twilight Princess. Slightly. Majora's Mask beats the shit out of both of them, though.

Posted by Victorious1

How does Twilight Princess compare to some good Xbox visuals though. If you compare them to some of the best Xbox graphics, does Twilight Princess stand a chance?

Posted by maian

Uh, in a lot of times, better. I don't know how great good Xbox visuals are, but TP's visuals really put GC's graphical ability to the test. Some parts are just beautiful, they're fantastic. Besides, graphics shouldn't really be something you care about if you've already seen the videos anyway.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Graphics are ugly as hell. And no, they don't compare. Black and Ninja Gaiden stomp it. Only RE4 comes close to those two. As a game however, it's great. I haven't decided whether it's better than OoT... then again that's saying a lot.

Posted by ExoXile

The grapics aren't ugly, there's just a few low-res textures.

... Which is ugly.

Posted by Ant

Yes, I thought it was better than OoT. It was a tad on the easy side, but I'm sure if I played through OoT for the first time now it would be just as easy, if not easier. Storyline wise it's pretty much in line with the one of OoT. But the main reason I liked TP more than OoT was the Wii control. It just really made me feel like I was more in the game than ever before.

And the graphical differences are only noted by stupid babies. Don't listen to them.

It's like going back and looking at OoT, except it's not ten years old. Which makes it even worse.

Posted by maian

I liked the graphics. :(

But, the most up to date console I own is Gamecube! Even so, they're not so bad that you think about it. Gawd. And the water was, y'know, cool. :(

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's like going back and looking at OoT, except it's not ten years old. Which makes it even worse.

This was one of the stupid babies I was talking about. Be careful of them.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's like going back and looking at OoT, except it's not ten years old. Which makes it even worse.

Vamp needs glasses.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: ... Which is ugly.

Indeed.

But they're also rare in numbers.

Posted by nich

I don't think any Zelda game, ever, will be better than Oot, just because the time it came out and the fact I was a young lad when I first played. Ocarina was the first game I played for N64 and the first game of that generation as well. Making the jump from SNES to Ocarina took my breath away, and I don't think that can ever happen again. Not to mention I was so much younger and the difficulty was enormous, it took me a long time to beat that game.

Posted by ExoXile

The way OoT took away my breath, no other game ever will.
But that's because it as the first 3D game I ever played.

Quoted post: Vamp needs glasses.

I would if I didn't have perfect vision. Maybe Nintendo needs glasses though.

Posted by Creedence

Well... There is a lot of ups and downs. The game is about 6 hours shorter than the Occarina of Time was, or maybe I just played it obbsesivly, but its still a long game. I think that its better. The graffics are better than ninja gaiden blacks. Not quite as good as obliviens I don't think but the graffics are the same as the one for wii. Just some minor texture differences. However OoT was the best game I ever played (besides pong) but this game is definatly worth buying.

Quoted post: The graffics are better than ninja gaiden blacks.

Hahahaha. Ninja Gaiden still looks better than most current games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I think the point of this post was to ridicule the spelling graffics. :)

There are far too many spelling and grammatical errors to ever worry about that.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Just bothered to read the post. Holy **** are you right. :o

So anyway, anyone else seen the George Washington painting in Hyrule Castle Town?

Posted by Xero

I got to Snowpeak in T.P.

I think that Twilight Princess is much better than OoT. The game overall lacks originality, but it seems to be longer and slightly harder. The Wii controller makes it different too. The story is awesome and the items didn't change much, but they're still good. Mostly the spinner and the boomrang. Man! Do I love those :) The temples...well that's the unoriginal part of the game. Forest temple, goron mines (fire temple)...etc. Quite disappointing. They have different names, yes, but you know that the arbiter's ground was the spirit temple...

Anyways. The races, well that was quite sad too. I would have hoped for new species and new...worlds.

If I compare the 2 of them, I prefere T.P. 2 thumbs up. OoT was good, but T.P. seems to be an improved version of it.

Posted by Zeta

Keep playing, the game starts to plummet after Snowpeak.

Posted by Xero

plummet? Too bad I don't know the meaning of that word.

Hopefully it had a positive meaning. Can't wait to get all those mirror peices :)

Posted by Zeta

NEGATIVE

Posted by Xero

It gets bad at snowpeak? That's odd. Why so?

Posted by Zeta

After Snowpeak. The dungeon after Snowpeak Ruins is pretty much a straight forward path, and has a ****ing lame, albeit somewhat humorous boss.

Really, pretty much every dungeon after Snowpeak Ruins sucks. =/

Posted by Ant

temple of time was linear yes, but ingenious in how they make you get back.
and the sky temple was hard, which is nice!
however, the twilight and hyrule castle ones were too short. Although if you want to put them together as one it would had been pretty good.

Posted by Xero

I see.

I thought the Arbiter's ground was an easy temple. If it wouldn't have been for those sands and these rats, everything would have been fairly simple. Most keys were right beside the door to open. The hardest temple I've completed so far was the Fire temple (Goron mines) Tricky and long.

The water temple was the 2nd hardest but wow...the mini boss was a total joke and the final boss was too easy. I lost half a heart container because of those bomb fishs in total =/

It sucks that the next steps after Snowpeak aren't much better. I hope I enjoy them anyway.