Turok, Next Gen. Good or Bad?

Posted by Anti-Muffla

Personally, I can't wait until this game comes out. Yes, they made some mistakes in the past with their last Turok games, but I think they will get it right this time. Also, I can't wait to see the dinousaurs in HD, on the TV in front of me. It will be the closest man will get so far, to walking with dinosaurs. Post opinions about how this game is going to do and wiether or not you are going to buy it. Hopefully it will be as good as I think it will be.

Posted by TheSorrow

Well...im nervous about it...none of them have been good as the N64 ones and I hope they can finally get a next gen one right. I guess ill have to wait till it comes out to see wether its good or not.

Posted by Dexter

I'm not expecting a fantastic game and definitely not anything as good as Turok or Turok 2 but I'm still interested in the game and looking forward to it. I've always enjoyed running around the gorgeous forests discovering sadistically scary or passive dinosaurs. I love dinosaurs. Hopefully it won't be as terrible as Evolution, but idk.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

General Gaming get?

And it's bad. Remember the last Turok? Yeah. You think they're going to improve on that? Well, yeah they will, but it's still going to suck. It's not unprecedented though. Just look at the new Tomb Raider... but still. I can't see it being even decent.

Posted by Dexter

General gaming? I thought this was an exclusive?

Not a chance. I'm also fairly certain there's a thread on this already.

Posted by Dexter

I don't think there's a thread on the topic yet. I just did a bit of research and found that it is going to be on the PS3 and 360 but no Wii. :(

I also discovered that it is going to be set in the future. idk how excited I am about that. I'm starting to expect robot dinos and crazy-cool guns. Suckage?

General gaming go!

Quoted post: I'm starting to expect robot dinos and crazy-cool guns. Suckage?

Sooo basically like the last Turok?

Posted by Anti-Muffla

Yea sorry, i was going to put in in General Gaming Chat, but i forgot i was still in the Playstation board and once it was posted i couldn't figure out how to switch it to General gaming.

The thread that you were thinking about was in Future Game Releases in the Playstation board, some people started talking a little about Turok, but then went back to talking about other games.

Posted by Anti-Muffla

I dont think the Dinos are robots in this one, which will be awesome to have some real dinos. Also, the bow will definitely be a weapon, and other cool weapons would be awesome.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

They're not robots or cyborgs or anything in the new Turok, according to my latest EGM, anyway. They're mutant space dinosaurs that can be much, much larger than their originals on Earth. I for one had a moderate amount of fun with all of the console Turok games, so the only reason I have to be wary of this one is that it's being made by a different team than good ol' Acclaim Austin. *Sniff* I miss the Extreme-G series, too.

Mutants? Those are just as bad.

Posted by Dexter

Worse. I would've liked robot dinos more.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

You forgot "space." They're mutant space dinosaurs. Adding the word "space" in front of anything adds 100x awesome to it. Try it:

Space Tennis
Space Sword
Space Air Conditioner
Space Kilometer (Leijiverse)

Posted by Dexter

Space furry.
Space cosplay.
Space plushie.

Nah, doesn't work for me.

Actually, in this case, it makes it even worse.

Posted by Bebop

Turok 1 and 2 had alot of good things about them. Never played 3 though. Evolution just felt average. And they have all had pretty crap multi. I hope its a vast improvement but i doubt it will be.

Posted by Dexter

Turok 3 was terrible. I'm surprised I was able to sit through the entire game in one setting. 1 and 2 were by far the best, 2 being absolute best. They were good enough where I'd play all the Turok games that followed, no matter how bad they get.

Posted by x.r0wney.x

i never got into the turok series. the only thing that i can recall is n64 turok. i beat half of it then got sick of it

Posted by Degeneration

Chronoscepter or no deal.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Prince Shondronai;520909]*Sniff* I miss the Extreme-G series, too.

Hear, hear. Acclaim got a lot of bad rap, but Extreme-G was always a great series. Much more worthy a competitor to F-Zero than trash like Wipeout.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;521185]Actually, in this case, it makes it even worse.

Yes, but that's because they're negatives whereas space is a positive. Multiplaying a negative by a positive makes an even bigger (or smaller?) negative.

Posted by Anti-Muffla

I just read that Buena Vista Games, the company that makes Turok, has licensed the Unreal Engine 3, and the first game that they are making with it is Turok! This means close to Gears of War graphics. Hopefully they get this right.

souce:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/654/654076p1.html

Quoted post: This means close to Gears of War graphics.

Not really. It will probably look a lot closer to the new Brothers in Arms or MoH.