Sephiroth too easy?

Posted by Orlandu

I just beat FF7 after putting it off for years. I was impressed by the entire game, it's an extremely good game. Very in depth and you can really customize the characters to your liking. One thing bothers me though, why is the final battle with Sephiroth so freakin easy. They spend the whole game talkin' about how powerful he is and how he is unstoppable. He's not the Easiest boss ever, but, he's not nearly powerful enough to be at the end of such a great game. Am I the only one that is irritated by this?

Posted by Sean Fury

If you pay enough attention to the story and understand it thoroughly, than you understand why Sephiroth sucks when you fight him. Every time. Ever.

Posted by Iris

They should've given him death rays. :(

Posted by Ant

Yeah, I would have liked if he was a bit harder. But most last bosses aren't really that hard.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Which is a crying shame. Seriously.

Posted by Zeta

SE should just start giving that Grand Cross attack to all their final bosses. That would up the difficulty a smidge...

Posted by Orlandu

Well sorry almighty 8 inch tall cactus ***.... I understand the final "battle" with Sephorith is symbolic of Cloud overcoming Sephiroth, but, the 2 previous forms could be a little bit harder. They could get the point across and still make it a challenge.

Posted by ccrocker58

Well...Personally, I thought Seph was harder than the final boss in FFIX...that thing was pathetic. Or what about FFX? Even if you didn't opt to zombify+pd, you couldn't die! You had non-stop autolife!

Posted by Orlandu

Havn't played IX or X, I've always owned somethin other than Sony and recently decided to go back and play the games I missed while playing 64 and X-Box. I'm not saying he was the easiest boss ever, but, he should be tougher than he was, I beat him first try in about a half hour or so. By the way, I heard that if Cloud is level 97 or higher than Sephiroth has triple the HP.

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Orlandu: I'm not saying he was the easiest boss ever, but, he should be tougher than he was...

I suppose you're right...Demon Wall was harder to be honest, since you didn't have all the cheap materia available to you like you did with Seph if you catch my drift...but i suppose cheap materia combo's aside, he was still one of the easier bosses in the game.

Quoted post: By the way, I heard that if Cloud is level 97 or higher than Sephiroth has triple the HP.

Sephiroth's "level" was adaptive, meaning it was more or less depending on your characters average level...or maybe it was Clouds level...I can't remember.

Posted by S

My first time through, I had difficulty with him. My second time through, I still had difficulty. Then I learned what end-game was and I got all the special items in the game. Safe to say he wasn't hard anymore my third time.

Also, for the record, the final form of Sephiroth dies in one hit. I let his ATB hit and he hit me, Cloud countered and killed him without having to use Omni-Slash.

Posted by Riku

on my first tries to fight him i had just followed the story and didnt do any of the cheap materia sidequests. my guys were a little underleved and he consistently kicked my ***.

but when i got all my cheap materia he was one of the easiest bosses of all time. they really should have made him harder

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Sean Fury: If you pay enough attention to the story and understand it thoroughly, than you understand why Sephiroth sucks when you fight him. Every time. Ever.

Sean Fury is right. It's because he's a cyborg wizard alien emo goth demon robot from another planet in another dimension who loves his mother very much so he wants to destroy everything. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THE GAME'S DEEP STORY YOU IDIOT IT'S TOO DEEP FOR YOU.

Posted by Klarth

Deep.

Posted by Orlandu

That may be true, but, in no way shape or form does it explain why he's such a puss. Wouldnt you think a "cyborg wizard alien emo goth demon robot from another planet in another dimension who loves his mother very much" would be a little stronger than that. The flippin' tonberries could take out Seph! You guys have showed everyone u played the game a million times, Congrats, I'll make u a cookie later. But, None of you have given a logical excuse as to why Square would make a badass game and fairy hopper for a boss. Sephiroth is Orlandu's *****!!!

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Klarth: Sean Fury is right. It's because he's a cyborg wizard alien emo goth demon robot from another planet in another dimension who loves his mother very much so he wants to destroy everything. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THE GAME'S DEEP STORY YOU IDIOT IT'S TOO DEEP FOR YOU.

The story has no alliteration as to why Sephiroth is so easy. In fact, if anything, it makes him seem like an unstoppable, unnatural force.