Demons Crest

Posted by Orlandu

Anybody out there played Demons Crest. I never hear anything about this game anymore, I beleive it's a great classic and deserves more recognition for how good it really was. I'd like to hear what others thought of it.

Posted by Zeta

I liked it. Never beat the final boss, but it was great. Capcom needs to make another game starring Firebrand.

Posted by Proto Man

I've never heard of it... tell me more of this, "Demons Crest".

Posted by Zeta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon%27s_Crest

Posted by Orlandu

I never beat the Final Boss either. They don't make 'em like they used to. A remake would great.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Demon's Crest was the SNES form of the classic Gargoyles Quest series staring the same (but less serious looking) Firebrand.

Demon's Crest is good, I thought it was easy but it still possessed that same hypnotic gameplay and charm that all the SNES era Capcom games did: Magical Quest, Aladdin, Megaman 7, Megamanx series, Super Ghouls & Ghosts ect

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, even though it only took me several days to finish the game (I don't game for hours and hours on end, mind you), I absolutely loved just about everything in it. The characters, the worlds, backgrounds, music, atmosphere... it was just all so perfect. It was THE game to play around Halloween with the lights out at 2 AM. Hell yeah.

Posted by Orlandu

u may have beat it in a few days, but, did u collect 100% of the items and face the secret boss and get the true ending?

Posted by Corrupt

Yes, I did. I wouldn't have had it any other way. Sure, Phalanx's final form was a complete and utter pain in the ***, but it was worth the sense of satisfaction I got after I completely beat the game.

Posted by Orlandu

Well then....Mad props to u

Posted by Desperado

94 was one of them yearz people will always remember. It was the year of the SNES, and Demon's Crest was a big supprise to the public when it arrived in full fashion. The whole "Sega is cooler" trend started to fade and people were blown away by the capabilities of Nintendo's 16BIt Marvel. I love the atmosphere, the characters, the world itself seems alive....

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Do you remember the rain in Link to the past? Remember how cool you thought your SNES was when you saw the rain

Posted by Cloud 9

Demons Crest is an absolute must-have when it comes to classic gaming. I was so freaking addicted to that game, it was pretyt bad. I have to admit, i did spend hours on end trying to truly beat that game after i realized there were so many "fake" endings. Phalanx was such a pain in the ***, they dont make bosses like that anymore. Sephiroth should have taken a few pointers!

Posted by ZEN

Quoting Orlandu: did u collect 100% of the items and face the secret boss and get the true ending?

I accomplished this last month. Just for emphasis DO NOT give up on this game until you get 100% of all items, talismans (talismen?), and gargoyle forms or you will be missing out on a truly rewarding experience.

I thought I was invincible after unlocking the "Legendary Gargoyle" form, but the final boss battle changed all of that. It was tough, but all the frustrations are easily outdone by this game's strong points.

It was great giving Firebrand unlimited flying power right at the beginning of the game. At first, I thought it would cut down on platforming challenges, but there were still a healthy dose of platforming/jumping areas. The level design is very solid and versatile (lots of different elements used) and the added strategy of utilizing different "forms" to access certain areas gives the game a 'Super Metroid/Symphony of the Night' feel to it.
My only complaint was the clunky "headbutt game" (which you need to win in order to get 100%).

So therefore I deem 'Demon's Crest' worthy of being played by all.
(And yes, Firebrand needs an update.)

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]It looks like we're all in agreement that Firebrand needs a new game.

Or to get confirmed for Brawl.
[/COLOR]