Insane Wii Advertising!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

As seen in the latest installment of the main Batman comic line.

[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/29212-wiicomics01.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/29212-wiicomics02.jpg[/IMG]

The cat in the spin attack picture is epic.

'WTF GTFO YOU ALMOST SLASHED ME, *****'

Posted by Speedfreak

RICKYYYYYY WINTERBOOOOORRRRRRRNNNNNN.

Posted by Arcadios

I enjoyed it alot.
:)

Posted by RandomizeR

nice

Posted by ccrocker58

A bit campy, wouldn't you say?

Posted by Drewboy64

very interesting.

Posted by Ant

PRETTY GAY!

It's safe to say with adverts like this that "It's over, Sony's finished"

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Whoa, I just flashed back to being five for a second. I thought the '80s were twenty years ago?

That and I'm a weeaboo faggot so I read it from right to left the first time and got confused. lol

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I can guarantee you this is not in the most recent issue of Batman. Perhaps you mean Detective Comics?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Whoa, I just flashed back to being five for a second. I thought the '80s were twenty years ago?

It's the Legend of Zelda, and it's really rad
Those creatures from Ganon, are pretty bad
Octoroks, Tektites and Leevers, too
With your help our hero pulls through!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Wings: I can guarantee you this is not in the most recent issue of Batman. Perhaps you mean Detective Comics?

I personally haven't read the latest Batman, I simply read about this on a blog that referred to it being in a 'Batman comic'.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

The only comic I picked up this week that had this ad in it was Gen 13. DC has thoroughly disgusted me with the way that they've reset their universe. They kill Superboy (my favorite character) in a massive explosion that ordinary human being Nightwing somehow survives, bring Hal Jordan back from the 7 stages of death he was put through, kick Kyle Rayner out of the main Green Lantern spotlight and give him only a year-long miniseries instead, the Green Lantern Corps is magically revived (including many members that Hal Jordan killed), they bring second-rate Teen Titan Jericho back from the dead while leaving Superboy dead...It completely reverses everything they did to bring new fans like me in when Superman died the first time. I know they can't kill Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman off for good and have their younger counterparts take over for them (like they did in a couple of time-travel story arcs), but some progress could be made.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Prince Shondronai: *DC rant*

Uhh nothing to do with Wii adverts.

Quoting Prince Shondronai: The only comic I picked up this week that had this ad in it was Gen 13. DC has thoroughly disgusted me with the way that they've reset their universe. They kill Superboy (my favorite character) in a massive explosion that ordinary human being Nightwing somehow survives, bring Hal Jordan back from the 7 stages of death he was put through, kick Kyle Rayner out of the main Green Lantern spotlight and give him only a year-long miniseries instead, the Green Lantern Corps is magically revived (including many members that Hal Jordan killed), they bring second-rate Teen Titan Jericho back from the dead while leaving Superboy dead...It completely reverses everything they did to bring new fans like me in when Superman died the first time. I know they can't kill Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman off for good and have their younger counterparts take over for them (like they did in a couple of time-travel story arcs), but some progress could be made.

WHAT THE F[COLOR=WHITE]UCK SPOILER WARNING[/COLOR]

But yeah, it's about time Batman started to age. Not anything significant, but since he's moving back more into detective work anyway it'd be a nice time to maybe have the new Robin train up to be his replacement in Gotham, rather than running off and doing his own thing. I'd be quite happy for the comics to eventually take a turn which left Wayne at home for most of the time and someone else to run around doing all the legwork while Wayne does the deducing. Of course, the replacement would have to be equally as interesting as the Batman character.

Wait, hang on. In #658 they promised a new Joker storyline in #659, but then they launched straight into Grotesk. What happen?

Also, we've pretty much exhausted Wii adverts, Jimmy. :) I saw it on Kotaku and they also said Batman, so I don't know what's going on there. But I don't see anything wrong with comic discussion here :p

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Wings: I'd be quite happy for the comics to eventually take a turn which left Wayne at home for most of the time and someone else to run around doing all the legwork while Wayne does the deducing.

It was called Batman Beyond. Tis a pity they stopped it.

I was going to say that, but then I got confused with Batman of the Future, which was weird and awful.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Wings: I was going to say that, but then I got confused with Batman of the Future, which was weird and awful.

Batman of the Future = Batman Beyond. What was weird and awful about it?

Wait, what? I could have sworn they were different.

I just never felt that the new character had the self-conflict of the original Batman. That's something that's obviously really important to the character, and just the fact that the kid's an adolescent and Wayne has to say 'not like that, like this' doesn't really cut it for me. Maybe I need to see more of it, but it never gelled.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Batman of the Future is the UK name for Batman Beyond.

Yeah I know that now, thanks.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Was just clarifying in case you didn't. The Batman Beyond animated series was decent!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm the g[COLOR="White"]odda[/COLOR]mn batman!

Comics suck these days. Writers need to ****ing communicate or something.

Posted by ccrocker58

I'm with Vamp on this one, the only comic that I actually still enjoy reading is Uncanny X-Men

Posted by Bebop

Crap ad.

Posted by Vbty3

Why would Nintendo do this to us! A crappy ad in a good comic!?!

Posted by protomanv4

I think this ad was cool. THANKS A LOT!