Wisdom teeth removal (HELP)

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

So I'm getting my teeth removed in abooooout......10 hours, and I'm really terrified of getting it done. I know the procedure but I'm worried about the pain, and what I might remember (or lack therof) of having it done.

They're going to be putting me out for it, so I should just wake up, and my mouth hurts pretty bad, no?

Explain your own experiances and recoveries, hopefully I'm freaking out entirely too much

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's a dull, throbbing pain. You know when you can canker sores sometimes and how they can hurt quite a bit? Well, it's a lot less painful than that and lasts a lot less time. Three days of being really uncomfortable.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

also:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/rogersmith4chan.png[/IMG]

gtfo

Posted by chec

i don't remember anything about the procedure. and it wasn't that painful afterwards either. just the newly formed gaps where the wisdom teeth were took a little getting used to.

Posted by Ant

GET CRUNK'D!

Posted by Linko_16

You have nothing to worry about. You won't remember a thing, and if you take all the painkillers as they instruct, you won't really be in much pain.

Posted by Lord of Spam

just go with it and stay relaxed. I had mine cut out too. I started counting backl from a hundred, remember getting to 97, and then i woke up 3 hours later with no pain. we home, slept a lot. next day, i woke up and it was sore, so i took a vicoden and was fine, then just shifted over to max strength tylenol for the rest of hte like day and a half i was sore. after that i didnt need anything.

For me, the most annoying part was not being able to eat anything solid for a few days. I'm a fat guy stuck in a thin guys body, so telling me i cant eat is pretty much the most you can do to annoy me.

Quoting Ant: GET CRUNK'D!

terrible idea. alcohol+ open cuts in your mouth= not fun.

Posted by G-Sides

ahaha, i don't even have wisdom teeth to begin with, nor will i ever!
it's actually kind of weird, i have quite a few other teeth with no other tooth under them in my gums. :s

Posted by Trigger

I still have my wisdom teeth, they're super nifty and came into my jaw properly. I think I win.

Posted by Sage Shadows

It's not as bad as most stories lead it too belive. You'll be fine :)

Posted by Poco

I got ****ed because all mine were up in my jaw and impacted and twisted and ****.

It was hell, but you should be fine.