VGCHAT Gamer Reviews

Posted by Cruxis

[SIZE=2][COLOR=white]I have created this Thread for those of you who want to write you're own Game Reveiws and share them with the world, aswell as your fellow VGChat Members.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]Below I have created a small example. Feel Free to make your's how you like, this is just a friendly example.[/COLOR]

[/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=white][Note to Moderators: I was not Sure exactly where this Thread belonged. So if it is posted in the wrong room or somthing feel free to move it.][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]

[COLOR=black]KINGDOM HEARTS: FINAL MIX[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://re3.mm-a7.yimg.com/image/3936908354[/IMG]

[COLOR=black]Console: PlayStation 2 Rating: Teen[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Genre: Action/Adventure Release: 12/26/02[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][B]Publisher: [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Square Electronic Arts (US) [/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]This Review is NOT for Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, which is schedualed to be released to American Audiences (along with a PS2 remake of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories) as late as Fall 07. This reveiw is for the rather lesser know Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, which was released exclusively in Japan around the same time the origonal (Dumbed-down) Kingdom Hearts hit stores in america. Note for you who may not know: Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix was never in fact released to american audiences, due to a sceptic Japaness SQUARE offical, who did not think the franshice would take off in America (Man, where they later prove wrong).[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]After purchasing a Japaness Playstation 2 Console on ebay and waiting arouns 3 weeks for it to arive. I plugged in my U.S/Candian Power Cord, Adapter, Controller & Memory Card. I Switched the PS2's OS to ENGLISH and then placed the Game Disc into the Drive. After a small loading time I entered the [Options Menu] and switched the [Text] to ENGLISH and the [Voice] to ENGLISH. To my surprise the U.S Voice actors had infact voiced the ENGLISH DUB! Even more to my surprise, was the fact that after playing for ten minutes I completely forgot I was playing a Japaness Game on a Forgien Console. The Voices, The Text, even the Menu Bars where the same as in the american version. I noticed right away that the Graphics where incredibly different, they where as good as, if not better than the visuals on Kingdom Hearts II. The camera was also familiar to the 3D-Axis Camera on KHII aswell. This game is basically Kingdom Hearts 2.0. with enchanced everything: Added locations, weapons, Mov. Files, Added Final Mix exclusive Bosses and Monsters in the expaned Collosium Level,plus the introduction of Organization Members (yes! you heard me). I particulaly enjoyed the fact that they extended the End of the game to include the very begining of the PS2 HK:Chain of Memories remake. This is the Perfect Reason to throw-out that old U.S copy of Kingdom Hearts and Purchase a NTSU-J PS2. After playing Final Mix or Kingdom Hearts II, KH Fans will never want to play there old copies again. [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=white]********************************************************************************************************[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=black][B]Pros: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Inhanced Graphics & Gameplay, Expanded Story, Kingdom Hearts II Camera .[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=black][B]Cons: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Still the same Horribly Slow and Robotic Sora, Long winded story and un-insipring Extra Bosses. RPG Hater's Don't Apply.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=black][B]Thank Jesus For: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Origonal English Voice-Overs/Actors, English Text Option & a the new Begginer's Difficulty Feature, which makes Sephrioth easier.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=white]******************************************************************************** [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][SIZE=5][COLOR=red]SCORE: 9.0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][IMG]http://media.ign.com/thumb/471/471747/finalmix_1121_16_thumb.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.ign.com/thumb/471/471759/finalmix_1121_27_thumb.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.ign.com/thumb/471/471743/finalmix_1121_12_thumb.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]
[IMG]http://media.ign.com/thumb/471/471745/finalmix_1121_14_thumb.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.ign.com/thumb/471/471756/finalmix_1121_24_thumb.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://media.ign.com/thumb/471/471752/finalmix_1121_20_thumb.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

hmmm I'd like to see where this thread goes. It could be interesting.

Posted by NEMI

[COLOR=PINK]Awww... I wanna play it!!!! This thread is getting cooler ;). Nice work, Cruxis; wish I could rep you :D![/color]

Posted by Bebop

Halo=Crap

Halo 2=Crap

Jak and Daxter=Really crap

Devil May Cry=Crap

Gran Turismo=Boring

Im done

Posted by Axis

Holy shat, didn't see that post coming. :rolleyes:

Posted by Sak

Final Fantasy X-2

Console: PS2 Rating: Teen
Genre: RPG Release: 2003 (not sure of the actual date)

I know what all of you are thinking about this game. It's probably something like, "This game is too girly." or, "Tidus isn't even in it, so it MUST be bad." or maybe even, "An all girl cast? Pathetic." Well let me prove you all wrong.

Gameplay

It gives you almost complete freedom on EVERYTHING. It lets you choose which jobs your characters are, and it even lets you change jobs in the heat of battle. Along with that, it also lets you choose the ending to the game depending on which events you completed and which events you didn't. The battle system is a lot fun as well. As for the battle system, it really isn't turn based, so you have to think of your strategies quickly before the enemy blasts you into little bits and peices.

Graphics

This game's graphics is really its only weak point. It basically just reuses all of the monsters and areas from Final Fantasy X, though the faces are a bit more detailed this time around. The High Res cutscenes also seemed to have a very slight improvement as well, and the non-High Res cutscenes seemed less shakey, but there were still no major achievements. Don't get me wrong, though. The graphics in this game are still beatiful, but they just haven't improved since the previous game.

Characters

Yuna's drastic change in personality is actually, in my opinion, one of the best parts of the game. It makes her more suited for the lead role. Her new primary job is cool too; I actually like it more than her being a summoner since she can do things other than summon Aeons and heal people now.

As for Rikku, she's basically the same as she was in FFX; perky, hyper, and she still acts like a little kid in a candy shop whenever she gets excited. Basically the only changes to her were her new, more revealing choice in wardrobe and her choice in weapons.

Now for the newcomer, Paine. Paine seems a bit undeveloped at first, but that changes a bit as the game progresses; especially if you do the side quest and get all of the Crimson Spheres. The one thing that sets her completely apart from Yuna and Rikku is her personality. She's much more quiet and brooding than they are; in a way she's like Lulu except a bit more goth. Plus, she's just a total badass.

Music

The music in this game was actually pretty good. A lot of people didn't like it because it was basically J-Pop, but that's actually what sets this game apart from the other Final Fantasy games with their Orchestra music. Along with that, it had two vocal songs (1000 Words and Real Emotion) that suited the game very well and were also very fun to listen to.

Story

The story seems a bit weak at first; Yuna finds a sphere of a dude that looks like Tidus and she becomes a sphere hunter to find more spheres like it. As the game progresses though, the story develops into something a bit more complicated, and Y.R.P. get involved with something that predates the destruction of Zanarkand. (I think.) (Oh, a note of warning: you WILL be completely lost in this game if you do not have at least some knowledge about Final Fantasy X. I should know; I was completely lost before I played Final Fantasy X.)

Pros: Enhanced battle system, interesting story, the ability to change jobs, the interesting clothing that each job has, challenging boss battles, FREEDOM, five different endings, Rikku remaining immature despite the two years that have passed, Paine's presence, and a whole new Yuna.
Cons: Only three playable characters, same graphics as the previous game, there isn't enough Lulu, and basically the same Spira.

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="6"]Score : 9.5[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by WackoHater2

Bully

Console: Playstation 2
Rating: Teen
Genre: RPG
Release: October 17th, 2006

Game play
The basic game play of this game is really easy. It's much like the Grand Theft Auto games. Nothing too complicated. It has a free battle system, not turn based. You can ride bikes, skate boards, use weapons, and lots of other things.

Characters
You play the role of Jimmy Hopkins, 15 years old. He has been in a lot of trouble previously and has been expelled from multiple schools. He is sent to Bullworth Academy, a boarding school for misbehaved children by his mother and new step father. Other than that, there are cliques of the sorts of people you'd expect to see at schools. Nerds, jocks, bullies, and many others. Overall, the characters on the game are very cool. Very well made.

Music
The music is the down side of this game. It's very simple and gets boring very quickly. Personally, I turn on my stereo because I just don't like the music. It is the one and only bad thing about this game.

Story
The story behind this game is really well thought out and interesting. It keeps you hooked on the game and makes you wanna keep playing.

Overall score: 5/5

Posted by Arcadios

I'd give FFX-2 like...2.5/5.

Posted by Zeta

Doesn't GameMeistro have a game review blog?

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Arcadios: I'd give FFX-2 like...2.5/5.

Yeah, I'm not about to get into a heated argument about it, but... 9.5 for FFX-2? I'm just not seeing it.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Zeta: Doesn't GameMeistro have a game review blog?

Yeah, I was just about to post that and then I saw your post. Wtf just merge this thread into Meistro's blog or something.

Posted by Drewboy64

http://www.geocities.com/drewboy64/Drewboy_R_ZTP.html

meh

Posted by ExoXile

I would've liked TP to stay exclusive to the GC.
But maybe that's just me.

Once a GC game--Always a GC game.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting ExoXile: I would've liked TP to stay exclusive to the GC.
But maybe that's just me.

Once a GC game--Always a GC game.

If anything it should have been exclusive to the Wii.

Posted by ExoXile

Nuh, it was suppose to be the best GC game ever, somehow I suspect Wii making it not so.

Istead of focusing on porting it, they should've focused on releasing it sooner, and make it best for the cube.

IMHO.

Posted by s0ul

Wii launch would've been so awful without Zelda.

Posted by ExoXile

Just pop in the freaking GC disc.

Posted by s0ul

Just port it to Wii! ;)

Really though, if they hadn't ported it the game would've been really old already. The launch would've sucked ***.

Posted by Zeta

If they ported it and didn't still release it on GCN it would have ****ed off and alienated a lot of people.

Giving it to both consoles was the best choice.

Posted by ExoXile

How about they'd have a Mario game for the release?

I suppose in this situation they did what was best.

Posted by Zeta

Trying to write a Yggdra Union review.

Bet $10 it'll suck lol

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting s0ul: Wii launch would've been so awful without Zelda.

Undeniable truth. With other major titles like Smash Brothers and Mario coming out almost a year later (this fall, right?), the Wii needed Zelda.

Posted by Axis

Quoting s0ul: Wii launch would've been so awful without Zelda.

It would have been worse than the PS3's!

Posted by Bebop

Holy shat, didn't see that post coming. :rolleyes:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The X reviews Civilization IV

I was going to review it, but then I played a single game for nine hours straight and didn't.

10 outta fukken 10!

Posted by Bebop

If its a game of a movie it sucks. But will sell millions.

If its a game by EA it sucks. But will sell millions.

If its a FPS by EA it sucks. But will sell millions.

If its a games of a movie by EA it sucks. But will sell millions.

If its a FPS game of a movie it sucks. But will sell millions.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]If its a game of a movie it sucks.

idk, Spiderman 2 and King Kong were pretty decent. =/

EDIT: btw, too lazy to review Yggdra Union. I'll just say 9/10.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Zeta: idk, Spiderman 2 and King Kong were pretty decent. =/

Adding to that list: Most Star Wars games; Chronicles of Riddick; Goldeneye.

Posted by Ant

EA makes Star Wars games? Thought that was Lucas Arts.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Linko_16: Yeah, I'm not about to get into a heated argument about it, but... 9.5 for FFX-2? I'm just not seeing it.

I see it, the battle engine was the best the series ever had before FF12.
I liked it alot, I thought it was a worthy sequel.

Posted by WackoHater2

Guitar Hero II

Console: Playstation 2
Rating: Teen
Genre: Music
Release: November 7, 2006

Game play
The game play for Guitar Hero II is awesome in my opinion. Extremely interactive. You have to press down the correct fret button and use the strum bar at the right time on the guitar controller pictured below.

Characters
8 characters are available from the start of the game. All characters except for the unlockables have an extra outfit available. All of the characters from the previous game return, and a few new characters are introduced such as Eddie Knox, Casey Lynch, and Lars

Posted by Bebop

Quoting The X: Adding to that list: Most Star Wars games; Chronicles of Riddick; Goldeneye.

Good games indeed. However E.T. still shines through as the best movie to game.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I really liked the Batman Begins game. Splinter Cell for idiots with a cape.