Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

Posted by Drewboy64

This game comes out soon, whos going to get it?

And I'm pretty sure it isn't 12 players like IGN says.
http://wii.ign.com/objects/826/826990.html

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

It is 12-players, using one Wiimote. And I'm getting it on Friday, which is the release date.

Posted by RandomizeR

I plan on getting it as well

Posted by protomanv4

I'm not getting it intill later this year since I don't have a Wii yet and yes it's 12 players.

Posted by Drewboy64

sweet, twelve players.

Posted by Bebop

Its fun. Anyone else enjoying it?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Doesn't come out until next week in North America. Either way, it looks ok.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's out?! Holy sh*t! I was waiting for it to be out tomorrow!

brb guys

Posted by Bebop

Quoting The X: It's out?! Holy sh*t! I was waiting for it to be out tomorrow!

brb guys

I ordered from [url]www.gameplay.com[/url] who are known to ship games a day early.

And Vamp, Wario Ware is like Ravin Rabbids except better because theres more games, better games, better navigation and it doesnt look like turd.

Posted by Dexter

I'm not in the mini-game mood. I'm just mini-gamed out. At least until Mario Party 8 arrives. Even that would be a little too much of mini-games on my Wii.

Posted by S

But the rabbit commercials are so much cooler...

Quoted post: And Vamp, Wario Ware is like Ravin Rabbids except better because theres more games, better games, better navigation and it doesnt look like turd.

Not saying much. Rabbids was good for a lunch game, not that great as an actual game.

I'm getting it as soon as the shops open tomorrow, and I'm gonna blast through it. I guess it's time for my traditional Getting-A-Wii-Game room tidy.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Dexter: I'm not in the mini-game mood. I'm just mini-gamed out. At least until Mario Party 8 arrives. Even that would be a little too much of mini-games on my Wii.

Minigame=/=Microgame

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Wings: I guess it's time for my traditional Getting-A-Wii-Game room tidy.

I do the same thing. Can't start a new game without being prepared first!

I can't start a game if the room is tidy. Doesn't feel right. Huh.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Bought it! But I'm on my lunch break so there's very little time to manaically tear off the cellophane and bust some smooth moves.

Did anyone in the UK see the advert for it last night, on ITV? If not, gifs4all:

[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com/wp-content/uploads/wiigirl.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com/wp-content/uploads/wiigirl2.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com/wp-content/uploads/wiigirl3.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com/wp-content/uploads/wiigirl4.gif[/IMG]

I got it played it for two hours, and got supremely bored of it. There are hardly any unlockables, and it's much too complex for a Wario Ware game. I'm sure that it'll grow on me, but part of me's wishing they'd focused on doing another like the original and released it on the Virtual Console.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wings is wrong, namely because I keep replaying 9-Volt's stage just to do the Starfox boss stage. Plus, the darts minigame!

Starfox stage looks like utter ****. Can't wait until this comes out just so I can properly dislike it.

Posted by Drewboy64

How does the number of unlockables compare to Touched? I don't know if I want to buy this game right on it's release day. I enjoyed the last two though.

Wow, Gamespot gave this game a 9.1... And Zelda an 8.8. Gamespot is absolutely braindead.

Or, you know, the reviewer likes and appreciates different things. idk.

Posted by crelda

Iv got it and i think its great. Ill be playing some mulitplayer later.
There isnt really that many things to unlock though. As far as i know there are only 6-7 of those minigames which you score point and stuff like that on. Iv still got alot of the games to unlock for replay but WTF you cant keep playing the games over and over again you play them in 3s. Though ill keep playing it for the highscores but i can get a bit tireing which makes you only play it in small doses (which could be a good thing for people who could end up playing for hours and doing it all in one night)
By the way the starfox stage is pretty awsome. If they brung it full game out on virtual console so you could play it with those controlls id buy it or even better lylat wars (star fox 64 for you Americans).

Quoting Drewboy64: How does the number of unlockables compare to Touched?

It doesn't. There's like, four. Two of which require the Nunchuk (otherwise known as the BALANCE STONE). There are, however, quite a few multiplayer games available.

I'm glad I didn't pay

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Drewboy64: How does the number of unlockables compare to Touched?

Less than both Touched and Twisted. But they're of higher quality than Touched.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: it's much too complex for a Wario Ware game.

You've got to be kidding me...

From what Ive unlocked so far they arent as good as previous installments but the microgames themselves are really great. Also the multiplayer is fantastic. So that easily makes up for it I think.

Posted by crelda

Some of the games can be a bit chalenging.
I cant get the hand of the orchestra one.
I havnt had much time with the multiplayer but looks cool.
One extra thing is the pose cards. I think there prtty awsome and these loads. They dont do anything and the only incentive to get them is to see the (and do them) but i want 'em.

Quoting Bebop: You've got to be kidding me...

From what Ive unlocked so far they arent as good as previous installments but the microgames themselves are really great. Also the multiplayer is fantastic. So that easily makes up for it I think.

You have to admit that the Balloon Fight stage/minigame is bullshit.

Posted by crelda

Quoting Wings: You have to admit that the Balloon Fight stage/minigame is bullshit.

I prefer the block stacking one. I havnt really spent much time with the others.

Posted by brownoystercult

If I had a Wii, I'd buy this game instantly. Looks extremely fun.

It recently got a 9.1 on Gamespot, making it the highest rated Wii game so far.

Posted by Zeta

Oh man, 9.1? I wonder how all those people that freaked out about TP's 8.8 are reacting to this.

Gamespot's scores are all over the place. Cube Zelda was a point higher than the Wii one, despite them saying it wasn't as good in the review.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Wings: Gamespot's scores are all over the place. Cube Zelda was a point higher than the Wii one, despite them saying it wasn't as good in the review.

Jeff Gerstmann reviewed: Ocarina of Time, gave it a 10; Majora's Mask, an 8.3; Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, a 10; Twilight Princess got 8.8/8.9.

The guy has no clue.

BUT HE'S A FUNNY GUY!

Posted by muffla

is smooth moves online?

Posted by Bakkar

I'm looking forward to it. Haven't had the chance to pick it up yet though.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yes, those gamespot reviews are retarded.

This game comes out tomorrow in America I believe. I think I'll buy it.

Quoting muffla: is smooth moves online?

I've seen a lot of people reporting this rumour, and I don't understand why.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Share embarassing pictures of your quasi-asian mother doing the hula microgame to the world.

It would work, I know it would!

Oh yeah... the Wii has online capabilities. Huh.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

series of tubes.

What's everyone's favourite position? Mines is The Chaffeur. :cool:

Doggy, hur

The Al Jabar.

Haha, seriously, it'd have to be the Sketch Artist. I feel all pretentious and special.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: You have to admit that the Balloon Fight stage/minigame is bullshit.

I thought that was obvious in the post you quoted. It also goes without saying.

Posted by crelda

i like the handlebar (the Chaffeur sucks who wants to make there wiimote face them). Its weird how just holding the remote facing you and facing up makes a diffrence...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

itt we jizz over the boogie nights boss.

Just finished the game (I know, I've had it for a week, but school has been attacking!) and I have to say, the replay value is pretty awesome.

Posted by Dexter

I just started it last night and I already finished the single player mode, although I won't consider it truly finished until I open up all the mini-games. The animation was visually fun, the mini-games were enjoyable and the game itself is the best example of the Wiimote capabilities. The 9-Volt stage was definitely my favorite, by far.

Posted by Colonel

I like the Big Cheese

Posted by Kit

Haven't got any money to buy this until next month, I'll get it then.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Starfox stage looks like utter ****.

I thought that was neat. ROB with the Lightgun at the end was good times.

I've decided that the replay value on this game isn't too great. It wasn't a terrific multiplayer game. I consider it more of a single-player game. There's more fun in the short story mode than anything else and once you've gone through it and have been exposed to it enough, it's all over. Mario Party 8 should be a much better multiplayer game. I'm still desiring a great multiplayer game for the Wii. Wii Sports can only get us so far.

It also controls like utter ****.

Posted by Ant

if you're a moron

Go back and look at who posted that.

Posted by Bebop

I agree with Vamp the Starfox level controls like turd.

I also agree with Dexter. 9 Volt's stages have always been the best.

Posted by muffla

i dont know if i should get this or exite truck , what do you tink?

Get neither and spend your money on something worth owning.

Posted by Ant

LIKE RAINBOW SIXXXXX YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH,

Warioware

Posted by Colonel

I think Excite Truck is the better buy, because WarioWare lasts only 4 hours, unless you have the patients to play every level over again to unlock all the mini games.

Also if you have any family members who will play multiplayer with you on a daily bases, then WarioWare is the best buy, but other wise Excite Truck all the way.

On the other hand I have heard that Rainbow Six: Las Vegas is worth the money.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Bebop: I agree with Vamp the Starfox level controls like turd.

I also agree with Dexter. 9 Volt's stages have always been the best.

That's because together Vampy and Dexy are right 97% of the time.

Quoted post: unless you have the patients to play every level over again to unlock all the mini games.

I have three left to get. I'm not really sure where I need to go to get them. They'll probably just pop up randomly or something. There's still a mini-game in Mario Party 7 I never opened. I'm also going for all the poses. Still, after that, there isn't much replay value. Wario Ware is definitely more of a rental. A year from now it won't mean much to anyone.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Get neither and spend your money on something worth owning.

Like Wario Ware amirite?

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Dexter:
I have three left to get. I'm not really sure where I need to go to get them. They'll probably just pop up randomly or something. There's still a mini-game

If you go to the Temple of Form, select story, and manualy go through all the story characters, you should find where the missing microgames are. Then you just play the story over and over until you randomly come across that spacific microgame.

NOTE: You must beat the microgame to unlock it. (You probably already knew that)

Quoted post: Like Wario Ware amirite?

Like neither.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WarioWare isn't really worth it. I played through it in a day, thoroughly enjoyed it, then tried to force myself to enjoy it more.

As I am aware, Rainbox Six Vegas would stretch your money further. Or now that the Virtual Console has Kid Icarus and Kirby, probably VC Points.

Posted by Dexter

idk. Rainbox Six is a decent game, but Wario Ware is a different kind of game. If you're looking for something different, then Wario Ware is a better game. There are lots of games similar to Rainbox Six, but not many like Wario Ware. har!

Smooth Moves is no different than every other Wario Ware... except it sucks compared to the rest. And you'll never play it again after the fist three hours (read: when you finish it[unless you're delusional like Dexter])

Posted by Ant

and Ant. I still can pick up and play it from time to time. :)

Hell, I've recently been playing the original on the GBA. <3

Yeah, I still play the original too. The rest don't have the similar magic.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Twisted is the best of the lot. <3

No it's not.

Posted by Bebop

Touched is the best. Followed by Smooth Moves and Original. i cant vouch for Twisted. It didnt come to UK.

Twisted is great, and I'm very glad I imported it way back when. I still haven't unlocked everything in that game.

By comparison, Smooth Moves is weak, but for my money I'd go for the original. Wario Ware in its purest form.

Posted by Bebop

If youre looking for true Wario Ware Ore in can be found in high quantity in Touched. The original is only good because it was original. Every installment after that blows it out of the water.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'd probably go for the original, but I've played it so much - both the single player and the Gamecube party version - that nothing surprises me any more.

Where can WarioWare go from here?

Posted by Drewboy64

But it's got multiplayer! I think I'll wait for a price drop and then buy it.

By the way, I already do have rainbow six vegas, and I'm wondering why there's no good FPS like that for Wii.

Posted by Bebop

Spoiler: 360 has been out longer than Wii

Posted by muffla

im getting this game next weekend, wil i nver plaied the original, but i have twisted and still play it off and on, i wanted to get touched but by the time i got my ds nobody had it anymore and i still cant ifnd one.

Quoted post: Spoiler: 360 has been out longer than Wii

CoD2 launched with the 360 and it was great.

in before "lol no it wasn't"

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: CoD2 launched with the 360 and it was great.

in before "lol no it wasn't"

I was talking about exclusives.

Zelda launched with the Wii and it was also great.

Your point?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Wings: Zelda launched with the Wii and it was also great.

Your point?

Zelda wasn't an FPS

hurrrr

It's not an FPS? idk

ninja'd