New Wii FPS coming?

Posted by Drewboy64

From Bozon in the IGN Mailbox: "As of right now there's no announcement of any online FPS for Wii though. The cat is pretty much out of the bag as far as why no games were online at launch, and if you're late to the party we can catch you up by simply saying "Nintendo wasn't ready" and leave it at that, but we also know that online is on the way, and from the sounds of it the Wii will be getting some support. Obviously our mouths are sealed right now, but let's just say we're hearing rumblings of Wii-specific versions of at least one of the main FPS franchises out there. Oh, and when we say "Wii-specific" we don't mean tacked on controls that claim to make it a new experience. We're talking an immersive, competitive experience built from the ground up for Wii. Here's hoping everything works out as planned, as I look forward to be fragging each and every one of you ASAP."

This sounds really cool.

Posted by Proto Man

Indeed, I hope it's true! I hope it's something from the MoH series.

Posted by s0ul

MoH has already been announced. Man, that's embarrassing.

Posted by Zeta

Halo Thwii.

*Gets shot*

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Proto Man: Indeed, I hope it's true! I hope it's something from the MoH series.

Why MoH?

They should create a whole new type of fps exclusively for the wii.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Metroid Prime 3 isn't far off, and from the demo videos we've had, it looks a lot more FPS-like than previous offerings, and a sequel to Red Steel is more or less a given. Don't know about online connectivity, though.

Posted by Drewboy64

They've already announced Medal of Honor: Vanguard (four screens have been shown).
I'd like a modern or future combat type FPS. Something completely original. But yeah, if the controls (aiming) are better than COD3, then that's good.

Posted by Dexter

I still think a new TimeSplitters would work best with the Wii. Smooth, responsive, fun.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's Half-Life.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, as it happens Valve announced a version of Half-Life 2 for Wii way back when it was called "Gamecube 2", and their interest in the system certainly hasn't dropped. Maybe we'll get Counter Strike.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Dexter: I still think a new TimeSplitters would work best with the Wii. Smooth, responsive, fun.

Only if it was more like 2 than 3. The blood was just one of the many things that tainted that series.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Speedfreak: Maybe we'll get Counter Strike.

That'd be great. Here's to hoping that it'll be Half-Life/CS.

Quoted post: Yeah, as it happens Valve announced a version of Half-Life 2 for Wii way back when it was called "Gamecube 2", and their interest in the system certainly hasn't dropped. Maybe we'll get Counter Strike.

huh, I was joking but that's pretty cool.

Posted by Proto Man

Wow... I didn't think of that. My bro and I are addicted to the original Half Life on the PC, and play each-other on lan a lot. A Wii version ONLINE would be sweet!

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Bebop: Only if it was more like 2 than 3. The blood was just one of the many things that tainted that series.

No way. Future Perfect was better than 2 in every way I can think of. The M rating, including the addition of blood, spiced the game up a bit. There were actually a few frightening moments in the game.

Posted by ccrocker58

I'm all for CS or Half Life. Both are huge games, and would really give the Wii an edge if they manage to nail the controls along with online functionality...let's just hope we're given a good online system, something along the lines of Metroid Prime Hunters, since Nintendo probably won't stand for a fully public lobby system.

Posted by Drewboy64

Halo!!
In all seriousness, if they did have CS on the wii, it would be awesome. Especially if they added more things.

And it would just as good as the original! A perfect port!