video cds movie files

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

so i got a "hold" of a bunch of vcd movie files but i dont know what to do with them. i wanna watch the files on my pc but i dont know what to do. anybody has any suggestions as to what i need to do? any feedback woud be greatly appreciated thanxx

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting S0LID 5NAKE: so i got a "hold" of a bunch of vcd movie files but i dont know what to do with them. i wanna watch the files on my pc but i dont know what to do. anybody has any suggestions as to what i need to do? any feedback woud be greatly appreciated thanxx

VCD's should just play like normal in WMP. My dad had a VCD, and it was fine. Also, most DVD players play VCD's as well. May I ask what are exactly on them?

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

its a movie, and its the actual files of the vcd i think, so i was thinking if maybe i should just burn them directly to a cd. or if i need a program to convert the files into an avi file. any suggestions???

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting S0LID 5NAKE: its a movie, and its the actual files of the vcd i think, so i was thinking if maybe i should just burn them directly to a cd. or if i need a program to convert the files into an avi file. any suggestions???

Did you try playing them in Windows Media Player?

Also, what is the file extension of these files?

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

it claims that its an r07 file.

Posted by Philsdad

.r07? Sounds like a split RAR to me, and that's probably just one piece of it. Where did you download this thing anyway, and how big is this file? You'll probably need the rest of the archive to do anything with it.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

well i have all the files themselves. im sure of it. its like 20 to 30 some files but they all equal to about 700 mb. so im pretty sure thats the whole movie.
any suggestions??

Posted by Philsdad

Oh okay so you're fine then. You just need to use Winrar to open the first file of the archive, and it will open all the rest of those on its own and extract the actual movie file. If you don't have Winrar, just Google it and find the site then install it. Winrar is pretty self explanatory to use, but open just open the initial file of the archive, and put the movie file somewhere on your computer. VLC Media Player is pretty nice and universal for playing movies.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

thanx for the info philsdad. much help every 1

Posted by Philsdad

Let us know if the video plays or not.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

yep the video plays. thanx much help every1

Posted by Omni

Yes, but what was the video?