recommend me a laptop

Posted by Vg200x

when I get my tax returns back the first thing im going to do is buy a laptop im looking for a cheap one 300-600 range, now I do work at a walmart and then one there ,the cheapest was 480, and thats the one im thinking about getting, but I want to be able to go on the internet and stay connected,burn music, download them off of bearshare or kazaa, play command and conquer or world of warcraft or any other video game.thank you.

Posted by Trigger

I'm not sure a cheap laptop is going to be any good for games, to play them sufficiently, at least. The rest of your requirements can pretty much be found in any laptop, considering a lot of it is based on your Internet service as opposed to system specifications. Compaq make very good laptops that last a long time and are very reliable. I really would not recommend an Acer, though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by any game, but things like Double Agent and Company of Heroes will be way beyond your grasp unless you want to invest in a high-spec desktop. Having no experience with the prices of American hardware, I can't really recommend, but I imagine a portable machine that can run World of Warcraft and Command Conquer (I don't know which one, but I'll go by Generals, which is the latest) would be within your target price range. Make sure your choice has a high capacitance battery with it, as gaming on laptops can be a huge drain on power.

Just be sure to get a warranty with it, as laptops tend to suffer more physical breakages than desktops.

Posted by Vg200x

well thank you,, I'm not going to go out and sploog for a alien laptop, but if anyone goes to wal mart look at the $489l. I had a compaq pc but I couldn't use it because I had 2 partions and I couldn't get 2nd one out so it's sitting in the corner eating dust..

Posted by Trigger

English, please?

Posted by Omni

Quoting Trigger: English, please?

He is witty so please have pitty.