almost through with metroid prime

Posted by avalanch

[LEFT]except that I'm having trouble beating meta ridley with just 150 missiles, any tips on how to beat him when he's in grounded mode?
[/LEFT]

Posted by Zeta

You could use the Wavebuster on his ground form; it instantly hit the weak point on his chest. Though missile-wise that's probably too costly.

I guess just keep as much distance between him and you, and double strafe at all times. Whenever he gets on all fours and roars, nail him with a Power Beam charge shot to stun him, then nail him with a Super Missile if you have enough Missiles left.

It may also be a good idea to take a trip around Tallon IV to find more Energy Tanks and Missile Packs.

Posted by Pit

boost ball

Posted by avalanch

alright, I'm finished with him. Now I gotta deal with some ****ing fission metroids, then find the creature or whatever the hell metroid prime is.... Did I ever mention how much of a pain in the *** those *** forsaken fission metroids are?

Posted by Zeta

Ignore the Fission Metroids as much as possible. If they're too aggressive and in your face, just drop a Power Bomb to make mincemeat of them.

Posted by avalanch

even though it's a late reply. I got past the metroids about 2 days after my last post. I'm finally starting to beat metroid prime until he gets into that last phase of his with his first form. (changing colors rapidly & firing rapidly also). I usually lose a few tanks from trying to keep up with him on that part. However I made it to his second form. Is there any known way to "force" him to make a new phazon pool? I've managed to drain around %70 percent of his life in the 2nd form (ghost like form) before I get killed by him and or the metroid reinforcements he sends out.

Posted by sonic hedgehog

power boms and don't rush things, also if you don't have all the upgraids, then get them

Posted by avalanch

I actually made a new file a week ago after not playing metroid prime for a long time & printed out a list for all the missile locations. Oh and I learned that the best way to deal with the metroids that prime sends out is to always have the ice beam equipped. Ice plus missile usually takes them out. I got all 250 missiles this time around and still mission one blasted energy tank that you gotta bomb jump to get to in the magmoor caverns ball tunnel thing that leads to phendrana.....

However, I managed to beat metroid primes second form with only 13 life left. So I've finished it finally and maybe I'll give hard mode a shot.

Posted by Zeta

Eh, I'd still say Power Bombing Prime's Metroids is more effective. >_>

Posted by Red

I played the first level, found it exceedingly boring.

haven't picked up the game since.

Posted by Zeta

Yes, yes, because the intro area tells you everything about the rest of a game, yes?

Posted by Red

I'm not saying it's a bad game. just saying I haven't given it a chance yet.

Posted by avalanch

Well then put in 2 hours into it tonite & tell us what you think of it after you get the first missile expansion.