k.

Posted by Sterling

So, there's this electronica/trance whatever band or person called prodigy that a couple people may have heard of. fukken rox.

Discuss

Posted by Omni

Is this that band that had that "Smack My Bitch Up" song a few years back?

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: Is this that band that had that "Smack My Bitch Up" song a few years back?

Yeah, as well as "Breathe" and "Firestarter," two of their other recognized songs.

And to say "only a couple" people have heard of The Prodigy is a bit of an understatement, even on VGC. They seem to be one of the electronica groups that the average music fan associates with the genre, and it's also one of those names that people are able to name off the top of their heads when they think "electronica" or "techno", with the likes of Daft Punk.

Nonetheless, they have some great stuff. I'd really recommend getting their new(er) album, AONO: Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned if you can find it. Music For the Jilted Generation is also good, and Fat of the Land is a must for some of their classics.

Posted by Sterling

I said a couple people not only a couple.
But I guess I didn't know they were that popular.

Posted by Omni

This reminded me, are you still up for sending me some electronica and the like, Corrupt? I'm actually interested in hearing it.

Quoting Kolo: I said a couple people not only a couple.
But I guess I didn't know they were that popular.

That's okay, I didn't know they still made music.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Kolo: I said a couple people not only a couple.

Still, you get what I mean. :rolleyes:

[quote=Pretty Hate Machine]This reminded me, are you still up for sending me some electronica and the like, Corrupt? I'm actually interested in hearing it.

Well, do you have MSN? If so, go ahead and add the name I have on my profile.

Posted by Omni

I just remembered how funny that video for "Smack My Bitch Up" is, too. I wish it got more airplay. It was voted as the most controversial video ever on MTV.

Quoting Corrupt: Well, do you have MSN? If so, go ahead and add the name I have on my profile.

Done.