Fun Ideas

Posted by Slade

Okay, I need some ideas for fun things to do. Here's the scenario: Tolo is coming up(the dance when the girls ask guys to go, pay for everything, etc.), but instead of going to that, a friend invited me, after some talking about it, to "Not Tolo." Basically we're going to hang out and do something special, but not do the whole spendy suit rentals and nice dinner deal. I did that last year, and it was pretty lame. So I need some activities we could do... nothing like bowling because that's too boring. I need something that's actually FUN. Well, I'm sure we'll have fun hanging out anyways, but I'd like something inventive that she will think is the perfect thing, too, so we aren't like "oh man we aren't doing anything."

It might be important to mention that this isn't like a romantic thing at all. Just for fun.

Posted by Ant

I suggest a hike! The adventure of it all can be fairly entertaining if you haven't been to that area before, or even if you are just taking someone else who hasn't been to that certain area. Go into the unknown and just take in the sights of everything around you. Then afterwards, you can go out to eat somewhere cheap, go to a local arcade, then chill at someone's house and play some multilayer games. It's not really what you're doing that's important, it's who you're with.

Posted by Dexter

I like Ant's idea. You could take a camera and document an adventure. I'm sure you have some gorgeous places nearby. Make sure to use the weather to your advantage.

You guys should cosplay, too. That's fun stuff, but better at a convention, for sure.

Or you guys could come help me build a house! Free food, plenty of girls, beautiful fog, and an overall perky, energetic environment! We know a few wonderful places to take you around town, too!

Posted by Slade

Hiking is a really good idea. I'll have to mention that to her tomorrow. That's something she rarely ever does even though she loves to be outside. It would be wet, to be sure, so I'll have to make sure that's okay with her. We'd go to an arcade if they hadn't taken down all of them around here :mad:. Ah well, I guess I'll spend my evening getting owned at every 64 game she has.

And Dex, heading down there to help with the house would be fantastic. It'd be even better if I took a friend like her, too. Send me your AIM so we can discuss distances and such. It'd be interesting convincing my parents to let me go help a guy from the internet build a house, but whatever. Since Tolo is the Friday, I don't think it will work out this time, but sometime in the future, definitely.

Posted by Dexter

I could totally pay you like a hundred dollars and then you could say you're going to work! How could they ever say no to that? ;)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Play Smash Bros.

Oh right, I forgot you're not a faggot and this is about a girl.

make her watch you play Smash.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Play Smash Bros.

Oh right, I forgot you're not a faggot and this is about a girl.

Quoting Slade: Ah well, I guess I'll spend my evening getting owned at every 64 game she has.

Dude, she's a pro at Mario Kart and F-Zero, and is serious competition when it comes to Smash Bros.

Gamecube get? Because Smash 64 is stupid. Just pick Kirby and kick her ***.

Posted by Dexter

Smash 64 is still lots of fun. If someone wants to play that over Melee, I'm all for it.

And Kirby is for the girls and noobies.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Slade: It would be wet, to be sure, so I'll have to make sure that's okay with her.

I enjoyed that part the most. It was vaguely sexual.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Gamecube get? Because Smash 64 is stupid. Just pick Kirby and kick her ***.

Turns out she's a diehard N64 Smash player. She hates Gamecube controllers. And Dex is right. The only person I know who picks Kirby all the time is my completely noob friend.

We haven't decided on anything. We might just hang out at her place, which is totally kewl. I can understand her not feeling super adventurous, though, because it's the crummy part of the year when everyone here feels sick. Ah well, should be fun anyways.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Slade: @PHM: Funny, she's one of the most attractive girls I know, yet by far the least sexual. I didn't even notice that innuendo because I don't relate anything like that with her. karazy

Dude, I need pictures now. Seriously.

Posted by Slade

Haha no. I even edited that part out of my post, see? Looks like I wasn't quick enough.

You have now earned the title "Swift Faggot." Embrace it.

Posted by Ant

Would she be open to the idea of you sticking it up her pooper by chance?

Posted by Slade

No.

Shut up, Weighty Faggot.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Find a train station, get one of those 'go anywhere' passes, and jsut take the train somewhere you've never been. Find a path and take it. Bring a picnic.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Slade: You have now earned the title "Swift Faggot." Embrace it.

LOL...Embraced.

Also, this is my 1,111st post.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Wings: Find a train station, get one of those 'go anywhere' passes, and jsut take the train somewhere you've never been. Find a path and take it. Bring a picnic.

Bol. There are no trains. I think the equivalent of a train here is hitch hiking.

Hey, why not go hitch hiking and bring a picnic?! BRILLIANT

Posted by Lord of Spam

Get high, then eat stuff. Good times guaranteed.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Slade: Okay, I need some ideas for fun things to do. Here's the scenario: Tolo is coming up(the dance when the girls ask guys to go, pay for everything, etc.), but instead of going to that, a friend invited me, after some talking about it, to "Not Tolo." Basically we're going to hang out and do something special, but not do the whole spendy suit rentals and nice dinner deal. I did that last year, and it was pretty lame. So I need some activities we could do... nothing like bowling because that's too boring. I need something that's actually FUN. Well, I'm sure we'll have fun hanging out anyways, but I'd like something inventive that she will think is the perfect thing, too, so we aren't like "oh man we aren't doing anything."

It might be important to mention that this isn't like a romantic thing at all. Just for fun.

Isn't that the Sadie Hawkin's dance? "Tolo" sounds GAY.

Anyway, I suggest elite covert operations! Why explore nature when you can explore an air duct? Why hide behind rocks when you can romp beneath a box? Why have hot sex in a grassy meadow when you can have tank-depot sex?

Do what Solid Snake and Sniper Wolf should've done long ago: COVERT FORNICATION!!

Do you think that love can bloom, even on the battlefield?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Love is a battlefield.

side note: I saw an emo band do a cover of that song once, as the opening act for mc chris. They were heckled constantly. Good times.

But can love bloom on a battlefield? Only Snake knows.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Misoxeny: Isn't that the Sadie Hawkin's dance? "Tolo" sounds GAY.
omre like sadie fagkins
[quote]
Do what Solid Snake and Sniper Wolf should've done long ago: COVERT FORNICATION!!

That idea is SUPER COOL!

Posted by Iris

Ant's idea of a hike and arcade is good, unless the weather's bad. If she's a diehard gamer then you should play video games, and she'll probably appreciate going to an arcade, although that's not a really good way to spend time with some one for the whole day. You could go to a restaurant too. As long as it's not fast food, it should be fun. Granted, it might be a bad idea to eat in the restaurant if you won't be able to keep up a conversation. Awkward dinners suck.

An amusement park would also be a good idea.

Posted by Slade

Pfft, we have the best conversations. srsly

I think the reason it's so hard to think up "new and exciting" stuff to do is the fact that there isn't a ton of stuff around here. I mean, amusement park? More like getting pulled behind a fourwheeler on a sled. I guess this is the "middle of nowhere" for some people. We might go see Children of Men. While that would be fun, it almost feels like "less" than what we could do. Whatev. There are always other times if we think of something way awesome later.

I'm glad a female finally came in here and gave some advice. The guys are a little less help because deep down all they want to do is /r/ nudez.

Posted by Omni

Hey, I am the only one who requested nudes, though I'm sure other people wanted to.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Quoting Slade: The guys are a little less help because deep down all they want to do is /r/ nudez.

Hey, fuck you.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Wings: Hey, fuck you.

Yeah, I actually realized how wrong that statement was after I posted it. :(

I appreciate you. Better now?

Posted by Ch

Do what LoS said.

Or get trashed and go driving. Always fun.

Posted by Omni

Have "just friends" sex.

Posted by Slade

*sigh*@PHM

Turns out we're going to do the hiking thing. +5 points to Ant. I've got this pretty neat place picked out that follows a river with waterfalls, etc. I've only biked it, so it'll be nice to see in slower motion. Afterwards we'll probably go to her house and game or maybe drive somewhere else if we think of something cool to do.

yay, it's all planned out

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I smell romantic.

Posted by Ant

I fukken win.

now you have to name her after me k.

Posted by Slade

Dude, she's not like... a baby, or anything. She already has a name. Wow.

Quoting SR: I smell romantic.

:3

Quoting miso: I (s)mell sex and candy

ahhh who sings that? I haven't heard it for ages.

Posted by Dexter

Marcy Playground.

Christ, I used to listen to that album non-stop back in the day. Pretty sure it was "Poppies" that made me fall in love with it.

Posted by Omni

So, what actually happened when you hung out? Did you even do it yet? I'm far too lazy to check and see when you were doing it now that I've forgotten.

Posted by Slade

Well, it was about 30 degrees outside, so we opted for something less outdoorsy. First we played some Smash at her house. Every time except for one when she played as Kirby I lost horribly. Like, she didn't die once. Managed to beat her with Link, but still. It was degrading.

Then we went into town and went to a bunch of different stores. I decided to purchase my first manga. ^_^ Deathnote. We ate at Baja Fresh, got lost trying to find this mall, then came back and met up with people who had gone to the dance and done all the fancy crap. They were planning to go bowling, but we just hung out at someone's house until late and then came home. Yup. It was a lot of fun.

Soon as the weather gets warmer we'll go on that short hike I had planned.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

NOT THAT ROMANTIC

TRY AGAIN

Posted by Slade

Quoting Sapphire Rose: NOT THAT ROMANTIC

TRY AGAIN

Quoting Slade: It might be important to mention that this isn't like a romantic thing at all. Just for fun.

Maybe that's because it wasn't supposed to be. DUR DUR DUR
If I went for romantic, it'd be weird. Trust me.

ANOTHER TIME, PERHAPS, ANOTHER GIRL

Posted by Sapphire Rose

But she's a good friend, right?

IT WAS DESTINED LIKE IN THE MOVIES

Posted by Slade

Next my best friend dies.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Which only brings you two closer. And then something even more tragic tries to rip you apart. You guys find each other in the pouring rain and kiss while you both are crying soft tears.

****, dude. I fap to romantic things.

Posted by Slade

Are you trying to say writing those few sentences sent you camping? In a tent?

In the end, once again, my idea was chosen. You should have just realised it was the best right away and skipped all of this.

Posted by Slade

cudda shudda wudda

Playing Smash Bros only constituted like one hour out of the nine we spent hanging out. If you said, "Play Smash Bros for a bit then go do other stuff," then I'd say YES WAY TO GO VAMPIRO

That's what I implied.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Slade: YES WAY TO GO VAMPIRO

I feel so... can't think of the word.

Posted by Slade

Admired? Appreciated? Aroused.

srsly man, you have the best ideas. that was awesome, how you implied that we go mess around at all the stores and stuff after playing some smash bros. the smash bros really set the mood and tone for the rest of the day. great planning. way to go, man, way to fukken go. have you considered making this your profession? maybe a nice job in the planning field would best encapsulate your potential.

I wish this thread would pick up again. Hey, I know. Since we're definitely going on a hike soon as it warms up, what should we be sure to do? I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for, but Dex said I should take a camera and document an adventure, and I think that idea's pretty cool.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Slade: I wish this thread would pick up again. Hey, I know. Since we're definitely going on a hike soon as it warms up, what should we be sure to do? I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for, but Dex said I should take a camera and document an adventure, and I think that idea's pretty cool.

I told you what you should do, but you just sighed and ignored me. I mean, think of the types of wild adventures you could document, especially if you had a camcorder.