I've Been Playing games for seven years and I'm still bad

Posted by Medabe666

I've been playing games for as long as I can remember and yet I still suck at every single one I play! How sad is that?

Posted by Dexter

Just at RPG games or all games in general?

I was a decent game player at a young age. Games are getting easier, so I sometimes feel as though Im getting better, but it's a trap!

Playing against Vampy in Call of Duty online makes me feel like I suck at games. So did Monkey Ball on the Wii.

Posted by Medabe666

At games in general.. yes i know...sad

Posted by WackoHater2

There are still plenty of games I suck at. That's why I don't play Final Fantasy games. I suck so bad at them. On the other hand, I rock at games like Kingdom Hearts, Bully, Guitar Hero (although Vamp is teh 1337 ruler of GH), etc.

Posted by Medabe666

Actually Finaly Fantasy games seem to be easier than others for me . . . though it could be because of the few I've played i'm pretty commited
don't have much of a life

Posted by WackoHater2

I don't have much of a life either lol. I stayed up until 2 playing Guitar Hero the other night, and I have been playing it almost non stop for the past three days. I am getting really good.

Posted by Medabe666

If I'm not playing video games I'm doing 1 of 5 things
1: eating
2: Sleeping
3: bathroom
4: School
5: eating
No mistake on 5,

Posted by WackoHater2

My 5:

1. Eating
2. Sleeping
3. School
4. Girlfriend
5. Music

Posted by Medabe666

I listen to music while I sleep, While I eat, While I'm in the bathroom, while I'm at school, and I have a girlfriend but I find the more time I devote to her, The Less time I have to devote to myself :)

Posted by Dexter

What are the hardest games you guys have been able to defeat?

Final Fantasy couldn't be too difficult, since you could simply take the time to level up for tough battles.

Posted by WackoHater2

I listen to speed metal while taking dumps. It helps. For real.

Posted by Dexter

Is it healthy to rush such an activity? :confused:

Medabe, you should have your girlfriend play with you or at least get used to watching.

Posted by Medabe666

My girlfriends um... I can't even think of a word, let's try "Special"
ne ways I pretty much get a new game before I'm able to finish the first and by the time I go back to that game I don't remember what I did or what I'm doing so it's easier to start over

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Dexter: What are the hardest games you guys have been able to defeat?

As of recently, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. Doing Hard Mode with a Level 1 cap, on a non New Game+ file is pure hell, but I managed to pull through. But that was only with Jonathan and Charlotte. Doing it with the other characters will be even more difficult. O_O

Makes the 2nd Quest on LoZ look like a Kirby game.

Posted by Medabe666

I've been able to defeat Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion & Call Of Duty 2
Thatz about It lol

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Medabe666: ne ways I pretty much get a new game before I'm able to finish the first and by the time I go back to that game I don't remember what I did or what I'm doing so it's easier to start over

See, I do my best not to do that. I attempt to fully finish the game before I move on. I'm usually caught up in the story enough where I won't be able to help myself. Can't save the Mushroom Kingdom while leaving Hyrule lingering in the Twilight, you know?

It's been difficult for me to find the time for games lately. I've still not finished Zelda, although I'll be able to give it a few hours of my time tonight. Final Fantasy 12 is waiting for me!

And if you truly care about saving the universe, you would dumb your girlfriend immediately.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Dexter: What are the hardest games you guys have been able to defeat?

Final Fantasy couldn't be too difficult, since you could simply take the time to level up for tough battles.

The original FF seemed to be a grindfest, I perferred the NEW Dragon Warrior games.

Also, Battletoads, with no emulator.

Posted by WackoHater2

[QUOTE=Dexter]Is it healthy to rush such an activity? :confused:

No.. but I hate crapping. I try to make it an in and out thing. Quick as possible.

Posted by Dexter

Battletoads is the hardest game I've been able to defeat, too, Poco, followed by the first Turtles on the NES.

Posted by Medabe666

Now that I think about it, I beat the New Super Mario Bros. as well
although thatz not much of an achievment I did it in like 2 days :(

Posted by WackoHater2

Certain games are like nothing for me. I can get all 16 badges and beat the Elite Four on Pokémon Crystal in a matter of hours.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, all the games you mentioned were real easy to defeat, although it's not easy to find truly difficult games these days. Most are just a walk in the park. Monkey Ball was hard. You'd probably not be able to beat that one.

Posted by Medabe666

I Agree with you panic I forgot about poke'mon games
I've beat all that i've played and after the first time it's like nothing
Can ne1 recommend ne good new rpg's for xbox ?

Posted by Dexter

Not for Xbox. Oblivion's all it has as far as RPG games go.

Posted by Zeta

That Blue Dragon game should be coming out sometime soon.

Posted by Shade

Dark Bahamut in FFIV is hard.

Quoted post: Not for Xbox. Oblivion's all it has as far as RPG games go

Lost Odyssey is gonna be tiiiiight.

Posted by Medabe666

How bout DS then... anything...

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Medabe666: How bout DS then... anything...

Well, there's Children of Mana and Final Fantasy 3. A ****load of stuff should be coming out at a later date, such Pokemon D/P, some Chocobo RPG, and Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja.

Posted by Medabe666

Iz children of Mana ne Good, I have FF III

Posted by Dexter

There's also Lunar: Dragon Song on the DS, but it's horrible and probably too hard for you.

Posted by Medabe666

What do you mean by horrible? & just because itz to hard for me doesn't mean that I'm to dumb to play it, It just means I can't beat it lol

Posted by Dexter

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=18963&highlight=lunar

Posted by Shade

Quoting Medabe666: Iz children of Mana ne Good, I have FF III

It doesn't compare to any of the other Mana games. But it's still fun and pretty easy. :)

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Maybe you should accept your failure and move on. We can't all be great.

Posted by Dexter

I've been trying to beat Ghost N' Goblins on the NES for the last 5 years. Still can't do it, but I'm not about to give up. I can't move on until I do!

Posted by Ant

I think the only game where I gave up at the very end due to difficulty was FFIV. I got to Zemonus, but I played the game wrong, so it was basically impossible for me to beat him. If I played through it again correctly I'd probably be able to, but I've never ventured back to replay it through completely.

Posted by Dexter

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles was the last game I was unable to finish. That was a long time ago. It just wouldn't lead me into the right direction and I found myself replaying levels trying to figure out what to do next. It wasn't really a difficult game by any means, just puzzling as to where to go/what to do. I still have plans to return and finish it though.

Posted by Zeta

I wasted a good chunk of my life beating FFCC in single player. Got all the artifacts, ultimate equipment, and max family relations with all 8 character slots. >_>

and wtf Dex, I told you about the Holy Hotspot in the Lynari Desert and you still didn't beat the game? :(

Posted by Medabe666

Final Fantasy games are my favorite games to play but I havn't played most of them in years :(

Posted by Poco

Quoting Dexter: Battletoads is the hardest game I've been able to defeat, too, Poco, followed by the first Turtles on the NES.

Oh ***.

Battltoads took maybe a whole day in front of a TV but I HATED the first turtles.
Congrats on defeating it.

Posted by Dexter

Battletoads took me a lot longer than one day. I know I wasn't able to beat Turtles for at least 8 years!

Posted by Tyler Durden

8 years, Dex? What kind of crack you be smokin'?! I can remember laying into the ending of that garbage [TMNT] within 5-6 hours. And it still ****es me off to even think about going back up against the Foot, again.

Posted by Dexter

Well, I was young when I first got It. I lacked talent and motivation. I wasn't even into gaming back in my NES or even my Super NES days. I was more of an outdoor, play and hunt with my dog kinda lad. I got further and further each year, until I got stuck on the final stage for about 5 years! That hallway with the space lazer dudes was too much for me to handle until about 3 or 4 years ago. I actually beat Turtles and Battletoads in the same summer.

The 2nd and 3rd and 4th Turtle games were easy.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Young? **** son, you're the same age as me..

Posted by Dexter

We were both young when the game came out! Turtles, Bubble Bobble, and Marble Madness were some of my first NES games.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Mine were: Super Mario Bros. 2, TMNT, MegaMan, Bubble Bobble, and RoboCop.