WII INTERNET CONNECTION PROBLEMS!

Posted by buddha

I have broadband but it aint wireless. how am i supposed ta connect to d wii. do i need an ethernet cable or wats d story? also is der any distance limits for d wii coz my PC is at one end a d house while my wii is like really far away down d hall! id appreciate any advise offered please. tanx

Posted by RandomizeR

i like tanx :]

Posted by Speedfreak

You need a wireless router. There are distance limits, but I'm kind of doubting it's 35 metres away from your Wii. If it is then you'll need to do some relocating. Or, if your PC is connected to your router and it close to your Wii you can buy a wireless USB adapter that your Wii will connect to. Your PC would have to be on, though.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

You can also connect with a wire, with a USB adaptor that plugs into your Wii and gives it an ethernet port. However if you haven't got a router already it'll be pointless.

Posted by buddha

Quoting Speedfreak: You need a wireless router. There are distance limits, but I'm kind of doubting it's 35 metres away from your Wii. If it is then you'll need to do some relocating. Or, if your PC is connected to your router and it close to your Wii you can buy a wireless USB adapter that your Wii will connect to. Your PC would have to be on, though.

tanx dat helped a lot. :)

Posted by ccrocker58

You don't need a wireless router; you have 2 options:

A.) Get the wired LAN connector available on Nintendo's site which plugs into the USB ports on the back of your Wii and plug your ethernet cable into there, or...

B.) Get the USB wireless access point that Nintendo released. It plugs into a USB port on your PC and acts as a WiFi access point for your DS/Wii. You can get this on Nintendo's site too, and I also saw it at Target for 30 bucks.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

EVERYBODY ALREADY SAID THIS.

Posted by Sage Shadows

4 year olds should not be given Wii's, nor be on the internet.

Learn to spell.