Need plots

Posted by The Judge

I'm running a World of Darkness game. Sort of like D&D, except modern setting, with strange stuff happening, like mysterious supernatural junk.

Anyhoo, I need ideas for plots or mysterious happenings. And I mean overlaying plots, not just small-time villains. Like an overall story.

The setting is Dove Creek, Colorado. The characters are all standard blue-collar workers, ages 18-23.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

well is it multiplayer or just a single player game? And do you want the plot to be kind of dark and mysterious?

Posted by The Judge

Multiplayer and yes.

Posted by Ant

okay, so all these normal people decide to go camping in the woods. then they come across the forest temple. the end.

Posted by The Judge

yar har har

Posted by Sean Fury

How supernatural do you want? Are we talking monsters in the closet level, zombie epidemic level, vampire level, or dimensional vortex monster crossing level?

Posted by Zeta

It is the year [199#] in the small town of [Town name], part of [Country name]. The main character, [Protagonist name], wakes up when a meteor falls close to his house in the middle of the night. He heads out to investigate the meteor, but not before his mother reminds him to change out of his pajamas. At the crash site, he meets an insect named [insect name] from ten years in the future who sends him on a quest to destroy the intergalactic destroyer [antagonist name] in this time, because he is too powerful in the time that [insect name] came from. [protagonist name] must then journey through the world, seeking his eight [special locations] where the Earth's power is strongest in order to unite his own powers with the Earth's and gain the strength needed to confront [antagonists name].

Posted by The Judge

Sean: Vampires and such, but slowly weaning into that. Like, not obvious at first.

Zeta: No. Good Science fiction video game for kids though.

Posted by Zeta

How could it be for kids if the final boss' dialouge is based off of a rape scene from a movie?

Posted by Sean Fury

This would be a lot easier if I saw the character sheets and stuff. Could you give me a brief overview of them if they even exist yet?

Posted by The Judge

Joe's character: Comic book store manager, young, lives with uncle who owns Dove Creek Firearms. Hopes to become an FBI agent some day. Believer of the paranormal.
Jon's character: Police investigator. Detective.
Stephen's Character: College student, works at the music store. Asian, trains heavily in kung-fu at the dojo.

Posted by Sean Fury

Alright, here's my first idea, just completely off the top of my head. I'll refer to each character with their creator's name. If you like this idea, I can expand upon it a lot.

Jon has been working the same stick for [insert amount] years now and just as he began to think of transferring to someplace with a little more action, a series of unsolved crimes sprung up. It started small; break-ins, petty theft, but it escalated over a few weeks to arson and eventually murder. Whoever was doing this was good and knew it, because they left virtually no trace of their acts.

Joe, a firm believer in aliens, vampires, and all things related states blatantly that it has to be the work of some evil source. Of course, everyone takes this half-heartedly, chuckling off at his antics like normal except for his uncle whose gotten rather sick of his paranormal mumbo-jumbo. After an argument at dinner, Joe leaves angrily and heads to the local music store to chill out (find some new tunes or something to blast).

Stephen, probably one of the few people who take Joe's wild theories with more than a grain of salt, sees Joe come in rather annoyed that night and the two get to talking. With the end of the semester right around the corner, they decide (with nothing else to do), they should throw themselves into the middle of this investigation and conduct one of their own.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: It is the year [199#]

Read this as 1999 and immediately thought Castlevania. I'm disappointed.

Posted by Zeta

OKAY SO THIS CASTLE APPEARS WITH A TON OF VAMPIRES AND ****, AND AS YOUR CHARACTERS CONFRONT DRACULA LAVOS EMERGES FROM UNDER THE EARTH AND DESTROYS EVERYTHING.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

You guys ride down to Aurora, meet me, find out I'm an immortal Cyber-Ninja-Werewolf and fight me. You lose and agree to join my team of Super Evil Toad Men. I give you each a great power. Sony, which is now under the control of Dr. Evil, sends a GIANT ENEMY CRAB with a frickin' laser beam on it's head. We enter it in a CRAB BATTLE and attack its weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE. Once crippled we find out that the crab is just a new form of Metal Gear. Micheal J Fox jumps out and uses his Parken-Fu to try and take us on. We gather around and summon Will Ferrel and Chris Kattan to battle him back with their Headbang-Kun-Do. When the two styles crash, Elane Benes is created and starts rampaging around with her Kick-Dance style fighting. Eventually we activate the Omega-13 and stop this from all happening.

THE END

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Sapphire Rose: You guys ride down to Aurora, meet me, find out I'm an immortal Cyber-Ninja-Werewolf and fight me. You lose and agree to join my team of Super Evil Toad Men. I give you each a great power. Sony, which is now under the control of Dr. Evil, sends a GIANT ENEMY CRAB with a frickin' laser beam on it's head. We enter it in a CRAB BATTLE and attack its weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE. Once crippled we find out that the crab is just a new form of Metal Gear. Micheal J Fox jumps out and uses his Parken-Fu to try and take us on. We gather around and summon Will Ferrel and Chris Kattan to battle him back with their Headbang-Kun-Do. When the two styles crash, Elane Benes is created and starts rampaging around with her Kick-Dance style fighting. Eventually we activate the Omega-13 and stop this from all happening.

THE END

Thread over.

Posted by The Judge

Sean: That would be a great kicker, except that it involves me dictating the character's actions rather than giving them lead-ins. Oddly enough, it was somewhat close to what I intended to do, but you have to remember that I can't control their characters.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting The Judge: Sean: That would be a great kicker, except that it involves me dictating the character's actions rather than giving them lead-ins. Oddly enough, it was somewhat close to what I intended to do, but you have to remember that I can't control their characters.

Ah, that's right ****...hrmmm...I'll try and come up with something similar that involves more freedom for them.

Posted by The Judge

I just need a kicker. I can think of story elements. I just need a jump start. It has to be able to be explained in ways that aren't supernatural, so it doesn't seem too odd. I have to slowly wean it.