Zombie Survival

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/worldwarz/

Calculate risk and take short quiz. My chances of survival: 38%

Posted by Darksong X

d[COLOR="White"]am[/COLOR]mit...37%.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I got 38% too, though I had to pretend I lived in America.

:(

Me too :( Ten bux says no one gets above 40% here. We'd all die anyways, especially Ant.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I went through it again and basically described myself as Chuck Norris with a speedboat who lived in the mountains, and only got 42%.

wtf?

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting Darksong X: d[COLOR="White"]am[/COLOR]mit...37%.

Same.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

44%

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Angelwing: 44%

I disagreed completely with hte books choice of weapons. Rifles are almost useless, since it would take a .44 or larger to really have any stopping power, and most nubs cant just get HS all day. Shotguns are your best friend. The only time you want to use it is if you need to escape. Ammo will be scarce, so you dont want to try to go offensive, and the knockback of the shotgun allows you to kockback a few zombies at once and gtfo in the meantime.

shotty ftw.

Posted by Linko_16

38% also. More than I expected.

Posted by Zeta

30% :(

Bet it'd go up another 10% if I downloaded Missile data. >_>

Posted by Kit

40%

Which surprised me because I thought I'd get 10%, tops.

Posted by Omni

I got a 41%.

Posted by Ant

34% :D

Posted by Phantasma2

36%

**** <_<;

Posted by Sapphire Rose

39% :mad:

Posted by Kit

Quoting The X: though I had to pretend I lived in America.

As did I, and I didn't have a clue what answers to put for those questions. :(

Posted by Shade

Only one to beat was Angelwang.

43%

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I am just so awesome.

Posted by The Judge

42%

Owing probabl to my surroundings and the fact that I'd take a bike instead of a car (Zombie Survival Guide tyvm).

Posted by Stalolin

36%

Which is fine by me, seeing as I wouldn't want to live in a zombie-infested world.

Posted by The Judge

Who says the entire world is affected?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=The Judge]Who says the entire world is affected?

Doesn't matter. It's wide spread enough that I've got a 36% chance for survival.

I'm not fond of the idea of living like the Swiss Family Robinson

Posted by The Judge

Grow some balls, you fat wimp.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting The Judge: Who says the entire world is affected?

Read the blurb about the book that the quiz is based on.

Posted by Lord of Spam

There are different levels of zombie breakouts. If its just a citywide RE style breakout and you've got a 36% chance of survival, i'd fight like hell for it, since the rest of the world is still fine.

If its the Class 4, end of the world, zombies on every corner scenario, then i'd take my own life most likely.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

This thread deserves expansion.

So, there's a zombie outbreak in your town - the zombie per square metre ratio is about 2:1, and multiplies at a rate of about 10 zombies an hour. The zombie horde have destroyed telecommunication access (interweb, phones) in your area, and the government are still debating a nuke rush VS evacuation and military deployment. Being honest, what would you do, where would you go - if anywhere - and what would you pack? You can pack five of your own possessions, and one thing in your home you'd use as a weapon.

Personally, I'd pack my DS, my phone, spare underpants, food, and water. And I'd choose my 1W golf club as a weapon, since guns are outlawed in the UK and I don't have a chainsaw. First thing I'd do would be to run up the street to the kid who does archery's house, ask him to join my party, and then hopefully fight my way to the church. We'd hole up in there, praying that holy water is an effective weapon against the undead and fighting zombie hordes (I draw aggro with my golf club and asian kid dps very slowly with bow) and playing DS games until either the military saved us, we got eaten, or nuked.

Posted by Lord of Spam

2 zombies per quare meter? Uh, is that a typo or am i so retarded that im readin something wrong?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Lord of Spam: 2 zombies per quare meter? Uh, is that a typo or am i so retarded that im readin something wrong?

***damit, I knew I forgot to fix something.

1,000,000 zombies per square meter*

Or 20, I dunno.

Posted by Lord of Spam

a meter is (very roughly) a square with each side measuring 3 feet (100 cm, for eurofags). Fitting 2 in there over an entire city would mean that in my appartment alone there would be something like a hundred zombies. In my one apartment. In a city of over a million peopole.

Posted by Darksong X

This thread is officially awesome.

Ok so i'd grab my mp3 player, the aluminum bat in my closet, food, water, and my truck. If I had time i'd pimp out my truck with armor plates and spikes from random scrap laying around the neighborhood. I'd barrel my way to a warehouse like Derick's old workplace and hole up with him and some other friends for as long as possible. We'd fashion weapons from the metal laying around and fortify the entire area waiting for either rescue or total anihilation. Regardless of the outcome I'll be blasting Queen the whole ****ing time.

Posted by Slade

43% yay

I really want to read that book now.

Quoted post: Being honest, what would you do, where would you go - if anywhere - and what would you pack? You can pack five of your own possessions, and one thing in your home you'd use as a weapon.

I would make sure to take food, water, warm clothes, this laptop, and my pickup. Like Darksong, I too would attach spikes and shields to my truck before departure. My weapon of choice would be this hueg shotgun we have lying around here somewhere, granted I had a lot of ammo handy. Otherwise I'd pick a high-powered hunting rifle. Heck, I'd load up my truck with all of our guns and ammunition. I think that totals 3 rifles, a shotgun, and an elusive revolver I'm not supposed to know about.

You guys taking entertainment stuff are kind of wasting it. I think it'd be way too intense to relax at all until it was over. I do think that grim tunes would be necessary in the truck, though.

But honestly, if zombies started taking over the world, it'd be the best thing ever.

Quoted post: I disagreed completely with hte books choice of weapons. Rifles are almost useless, since it would take a .44 or larger to really have any stopping power, and most nubs cant just get HS all day. Shotguns are your best friend. The only time you want to use it is if you need to escape. Ammo will be scarce, so you dont want to try to go offensive, and the knockback of the shotgun allows you to kockback a few zombies at once and gtfo in the meantime.

Funny, I read the book and I actually don't recall anything about a shotgun. This is around the year 2010 and a couple things have changed when it comes to weapons and military armor, so something might have happened to the standard shotgun.

Quoted post: Who says the entire world is affected?

The book. The infection starts in China with a little boy, which quickly spreads to others. It pretty much destroys China but their government keeps it underwraps until it finally spreads to other countries like Israel, Africa, etc. They do a self-quarantine which basically means their government went on a massive killing-spree, which obviously makes the news forcing them to call it African Rabies or jungle rabies. From there it spreads to North America and Mexico through transplanted hearts and the like. By the time that happens pretty much everywhere including Greenland and Iceland are full of zombies or people who have gone completely insane.

but yeah, i chose the bike too. zombie survival guide ftw.

Posted by Ant

I want this book. By ***, I actually want to read a book.

It just came out in September. Stupid easy to find.

Posted by Darksong X

I have it!

don't be stupid

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Lord of Spam: a meter is (very roughly) a square with each side measuring 3 feet (100 cm, for eurofags). Fitting 2 in there over an entire city would mean that in my appartment alone there would be something like a hundred zombies. In my one apartment. In a city of over a million peopole.

I was hoping for a Dead Rising-style zombiefest.

:cool:

It basically is, in the book anyways. Over half of China's population alone is infected, and America has over 200 million.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Everyone saying they would take cars or trucks really hasnt thought this out. Roads are going to be clogged at best with eitehr traffic or cars that have been stalled/abandoned. Not to mention that eventually you're going to run out of gas. And attach metal spikes? Seriously, none of you are ****ing blacksmiths. A simple bicycle is cheap, easy to work and maintain, neer runs out of gas, and most importantly, is quite. Nothing says HEY IVE GOT DELICIOUS BRAINS, COME EAT THEM like the sound of a running internal combustion engine.

For weapon, I'd be forced to use the machete in my truck, which is subpar at best. I'd probably raid the near by sports store for a metal bat and shotgun. A few empty 2 liter bottles and some plastic sheeting will get me all the water I ever need, too.

Theres nothing more funny than being nerd with survival skills.

**** machetes. This thing right hurr:

"Lobotomizer

Officially designated as the Standard Infantry Entrenchment Tool, the Lobotomizer (or "Lobo") is a melee weapon similar to a Shaolin spade, with a wide blade on one end and a point on the other. The spade could be used to decapitate the undead, or to cause severe brain trauma directly. Originally designed for use by the U.S. Marines, it was later mass-produced for military forces around the world with the advent of the Total War phase."

There would be a few lying around I'm sure.

Posted by Shade

Zombie outbreak in my town only? This is a f*cking easy situation.

I'd take my iPod, laptop, porcelain dolmation figurine (from my grandpa before he passed away), cell phone, and my actual dog. Weapon: butcher knife and my make-shift spear. Dual wielding, *****. Then, I'd fight my way the... I dunno, 50 feet to the next town, since I live right on the border of the city.

Posted by Senator Ramen

Alright, first, I'd steal my little niece's red wagon. On the wagon, I'd load a first aid kit, the road flares I have somewhere around the house, and some food and water. For a weapon I'd grab the large walking stick I made (really it's just a thin branch I cut off of the tree in my back yard). It's about 5 feet long, 2 inches thick.
I'd wagon my way up to the warehouse that Derick used to work, using the flares as what I would hope to be a distraction along the way, meet up with Derick and Joe, and hold off until we were either rescued or killed.

And I'm just going to assume that this happened on a night that I'm in my best dress. Dress shoes, tux and all.

See a zombie outbreak in only one town is ****ing retarded. It wouldn't happen.

Posted by Shade

There's a zombie-entrapment barrier keeping them in.

Posted by Ant

Saw that book at boarders today, almost bought it. but no moneyz.

Posted by Slade

Didn't leave the house. Never thought about buying the book. but no moneyz.

Quoted post: There's a zombie-entrapment barrier keeping them in.

See, you'd have to catch it before it spread. That, and you'd have to physically check every single citizen to ensure they aren't carrying the infection with them. The first problem is that you'd have to convince people there are dead humans reanimating. The second problem is you can't check everyone, especially those that believe they might be infected.

Oh, and building a barrier when there are zombies trying to tear you apart.

Posted by Shade

I meant by use of magick.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Do you think the zombies would be like redeads in Zelda? That would be fukken annoying if you were building a barricade.

Posted by Zeta

Put a zombie mask on. Won't get attacked, plus entertainment in the form of dancing zombies.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Zeta: Put a zombie mask on. Won't get attacked, plus entertainment in the form of dancing zombies.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft6PkWRj00A"]Like so.[/URL]

I wish the redeads had been like this in TP, instead of mummy knights.

:mad:

Posted by Zeta

Eh, I like the ReDead Knights better. The whole humping thing always seemed stupid to me. =/

Now if only they could swing that hueg blade faster...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Zeta: Eh, I like the ReDead Knights better. The whole humping thing always seemed stupid to me. =/

Now if only they could swing that hueg blade faster...

I got caught in the middle of a circle of four in the Cave of Ordeals, and lost nine hearts. Oops, off-topic.

How do you kill the zombies in this book, anyway? Or are they like Resident Evil zombies, where you need to burn their bodies with kerosene?

Quoted post: Do you think the zombies would be like redeads in Zelda? That would be fukken annoying if you were building a barricade.

Redead != Undead. Christ.

Quoted post: How do you kill the zombies in this book, anyway? Or are they like Resident Evil zombies, where you need to burn their bodies with kerosene?

Destroy the brain basically. I'd scan a whole section in where there's a huge failure of a battle in a place called Yonkers, but I'm lazy. Though it gives quite a bit of detail and is just stupid awesome.

That or freeze them. In the book most people headed up North (which resulted in millions of people dying from starvation and the intense cold) but it drew some zombies with them and they ended of freezing. Those are the only two ways, even if they thaw out in the latter. But yeah, it has nothing to do with the body. It's just to get them around, otherwise it's completely useless to them.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Redead != Undead. Christ.

DEAD PEOPLE ARE ALL THE SAME TO ME.

This book actually sounds pretty good.

Except I don't believe they were actually dead people.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Except I don't believe they were actually dead people.

The redeads?

ReDeads are zombie-like beings created by the magic of the evil being Ganondorf in the Legend of Zelda series. They were first encountered by the legendary hero Link, upon entering the Royal Family tomb and later dwelled in Hyrule Market after Link awoke from his seven year slumber in the Temple of Time. ReDeads are evil animations, created by Ganondorf to plague the shadow lands of Hyrule.

They were first found in a tomb. Y'know.

Where dead people live.

I just figured they were literally created with Ganon's magic.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I just figured they were literally created with Ganon's magic.

Probably both. The ones in Hyrule Town are probably all the residents who ran too slowly.

Posted by Zeta

You'd think Honey and Darling would be ReDeads, considering they'd most likely be too busy spinning around to notice Ganondorf attacking Castle Town. =/

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Zeta: You'd think Honey and Darling would be ReDeads, considering they'd most likely be too busy spinning around to notice Ganondorf attacking Castle Town. =/

Trying to take inventory of who didn't make it to Kakariko.

HAPPY MASK MAN OH SHI-

idk, just something about fighting dead people who hump you in zelda seems... off.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Do dead people jizz, or what?

no. i've done first-hand research and can say for sure that they do not.

Posted by ExoXile

50%

Oh man, ****** are so survival-y.

Posted by The Judge

Only cause Zombies don't like going to Sweden.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, you're really high up there. Zombie's are highly sucseptible (sp wtf?) to nosebleeds.

Posted by Darksong X

Can zombies even get nosebleeds? And even if they could would it matter to them?

Hmmmmm.

Posted by ExoXile

The quiz didn't even have ****** in it. ¬_¬'

That's because it doesn't matter.

And zombies would need, you know, blood to get nosebleeds.

Posted by Stalolin

Fine, they can get fleshbleeds.

Or brainbleeds.

goobleeds/gelbleeds