F-Zero GX/AX

Posted by Omni

If there's a thread for this game, I didn't see it.

This is my favorite game of all time. There's 41 racers, and they're each really different. My favorite characters are Captain Falcon, Deathborn, Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, and Phoenix.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The only game on the Gamecube that challenged me. It's intensely awesome!

Posted by Omni

I unlocked like everything in the game, except some of the custom machine parts, about which I really don't care, anyway. Getting all the tracks and racers was fun.

Posted by Zeta

I managed to unlock evrything when I was younger. I can't pull it off again, though. :(

Posted by maian

It's a fantastic game. But, if you like those characters, there's something wrong with you. :( I think it really was a joke of Nintendo to make the characters as ridiculous as they are, but, whataver, it's fun to laugh at some of them.

But, the game is amazing. I beat story mode through very hard, which is one of the biggest gaming challenges I've done. I unlocked pretty much everything. All the custom parts, racers, AX cup, etc. I had all the cups beat on master, then the thing was deleted. Gawd. :(

Posted by Omni

Dude, the reason I like it so much is because they're all so silly. That was the point. Black Shadow is the corniest supervillain I can think of offhand.

Posted by Zeta

The Skull and QQQ ftw.

Posted by maian

I know, but it seemed like in story mode, they tried to make the ridiculous characters really serious. :( And that's where characterization failed. The mode in itself was bloody hard, though.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Quoting maian: I know, but it seemed like in story mode, they tried to make the ridiculous characters really serious. :( And that's where characterization failed. The mode in itself was bloody hard, though.

Acctually what they were doing was making these rediculous characters take themselves seriously. If everyone in our world (including yourself) were burley space cowboys who did nothing but race faster than the speed of sound, it wouldn't acctually seem strange, so you would go about your life in a serious fashion and not like "look at me! I'm a burley over muscled space cowboy racing at the speed of sound!:D"

At anyrate, I didn't find it overly hard. Very technical yes, one slip and you were toast but thats were it got its power; that sence of all or nothing.

I can't kill everyone like I could in F-Zero X, but the races get SO close some times its intense. It is the only racing game I know of that not only calculates your race to the .0001 of a second but has it actually matter.

Posted by Omni

How come everyone always makes it sound so hard to attack and destroy other racers? I always kill just about everyone. The side attack is good for knocking other racers off the track or killing a machine with full health, and the spin attack is good for killing multiple targets at once, especially if they're already damaged.

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, attacking is ****ing easy in this. Hell, I think I knocked about 5 racers out with a single spin attack once.

Posted by Ant

"WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME"

BEST GAME QUOTE EVER!

Posted by Omni

Oh, man, I love the Story Mode cut scenes. They are hilarious. I love Black Shadow because he's so cheesy.

Posted by inequity

I never beat this, Im thinking about hooking up my Wii and using it to play it.

I honestly liked the N64 version better. It didnt make you as motion sick. :D Maybe I'll like it this second time around.