Will it be a mistake if I play Zelda: Twilight Princess before the Wind Waker?

Posted by Victorious1

I want to buy Twilight Princess for my Gamecube, but I haven't played the Wind Waker yet. Its cartoonish style is just not attracting me much.

But does the Wind Waker's storyline take place after Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask? And on which game does Twilight Princess follow on?

AND IS THE WIND WAKER WORTH BUYING? (I'm really undecided on whether to buy this game or not)

Posted by Dexter

Wind Waker is worth buying.

None of them are really connected, so it doesn't really matter what order you play them in. I would suggest you play Wind Waker first, but that's because I fursonally feel that Wind Waker is worth playing and if Twilight Princess is the only motivation you have to play it, I wouldn't want you to lose it.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, the entire Legend of Zelda saga is about as easy to follow as Final Fantasy. You just DON'T do it.. Wind Waker is mos'def worth buying, I was at a point where I couldn't decide on it. Then I had all this money, my vehicle was in good maintained condition, my bills were all caught up: no new releases had peaked my attention to the 'Cube, so I snatched a copy of Wind Waker.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Technically WW falls a few hundred years after TP. So there's nothing to worry about. The game isn't really even connected, it's mainly just OoT, MM and WW.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Technically WW falls a few hundred years after TP. So there's nothing to worry about. The game isn't really even connected, it's mainly just OoT, MM and WW.

Without getting too embroiled in the Zelda 'timeline', Ages, Seasons and Link's Awakening are all directly connected, too.

Anyway, Wind Waker is a definite must-have. It's in the Gamecube's 'Classic' collection, so you're guaranteed a maximum price of $20. I found some sections (read: sailing) seriously lacking in the fun department, but on the whole, it's a great adventure game.

Posted by maian

You'd be crazy not to buy Wind Waker. If you don't buy it because of the graphics, you're a moron. A retard. An idiot. Just thought I'd make that clear. :( Wind Waker, is different, but absolutely fantastic.

As far as timelines go, if you really want to follow the timeline, play TP first. But in the end, it doesn't really matter. TP isn't really connected to OOT or TP at all, sadly to say.

Quoted post: Without getting too embroiled in the Zelda 'timeline', Ages, Seasons and Link's Awakening are all directly connected, too.

Connected as in connected to OoT, MM and WW.

Posted by MrQuicksilver

windwaker isnt even about link, its about some random little boy.

Posted by Zeta

Said 'random little boy' is Link.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting MrQuicksilver: windwaker isnt even about link, its about some random little boy.

Random little boy who wears a green tunic, has the Master Sword and the Triforce of Courage, lol.

:cool:

Posted by Pit

Quoting MrQuicksilver: windwaker isnt even about link, its about some random little boy.

TP Link was a random person who had the triforce of courage.
OoT Link was a random person who had the triforce of courage.

EVERY LINK IS RANDOM, THE ***S CHOOSE THE HERO THATS HOW IT IS LOL.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Pit: TP Link was a random person who had the triforce of courage.
OoT Link was a random person who had the triforce of courage.

EVERY LINK IS RANDOM, THE ***S CHOOSE THE HERO THATS HOW IT IS LOL.

The G[COLOR="Silver"]o[/COLOR]ds always choose a young, strong male with blonde hair, blue eyes (or gigantic black pupils).

Din, Nayru and Farore are kinda the Holy Trinity of Hitler.

:(

Posted by Zeta

Nintendo's three main female charactes are all blond hair, blue eyes. Nintendo must be full of Nazis, thus making Sony the superior company.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Zeta: Nintendo's three main female charactes are all blond hair, blue eyes. Nintendo must be full of Nazis, thus making Sony the superior company.

Peach, Samus, and... ?

Anyway, we still haven't heard from the original poster! Did you buy Wind Waker? Did you like it?

Posted by Zeta

Quoting The X: Peach, Samus, and... ?

Zelda. Duh.

spoilers: blond hair and blue eyes has been a staple in video games for a hell of a long time.

Posted by Slade

I just pictured a blonde Mario for a second. Disgusting.

Except he's Italian. Doesn't work.

Posted by AgithasCastle

No. You do not have to play Wind Waker before Twilight Princess, BUT it IS worth buying. I liked it alot and the music is great! But no, the storyline doesnt have anything to do, really, with one another.

Posted by Alastor

Please don't bump a six month old topic.

Posted by AgithasCastle

"Nintendo's three main female charactes are all blond hair, blue eyes. Nintendo must be full of Nazis, thus making Sony the superior company."
---
hahaha, it's so true.