Number 1 song of 2006...?

Posted by WackoHater2

I was listening to SoJo a few minutes ago (local radio station) and they had a top 30 of 2006 countdown. The number 1 song of 2006 was "Unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfield. That song didn't even come out this year. It sucks so bad. My mom was thinking "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder and I was betting on "SexyBack" by Justin Timberlake. Anyway, what do you think was the biggest song of the year?

Posted by Shade

I don't really care what the most popular song was, but if I had to venture a guess, I'd go with How To Save A Life by The Fray. It's been number one on iTunes since the album came out.

Posted by WackoHater2

That's also a good song. I believe "Over My Head" by The Fray was number 3 on this particular countdown.

Posted by Shade

I dunno, I find them kind of annoying. :\

Posted by WackoHater2

I have only heard those two songs. I hated both of them the first time I heard them, but now I like both songs a lot.

Posted by Hyper

I'm split between Muse - City of Delusion and Eldritch - Save Me. And now that I think of it more, I'm going to go with Save Me.

Posted by Shade

The Hours that Remain.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

who the **** are the fray?

Posted by WackoHater2

The Fray is a pretty good band. I dunno what genre they are really. I'm not good with genres. Check them out though. It's softer music.. not real fast or hardcore. If you're gonna listen to them, try "Over My Head" or "How to Save a Life"

Posted by mis0

The only reason the Fray is even popular is because of Grey's Anatomy. The number one song of 2006 is probably really stupid. I'm still lovin' 2004 in terms of music releases.

Posted by WackoHater2

I was watching BET last night. Top 100 rap and R&B songs of 2006. All of thew songs were released in 2006 as well. The number one song was "It's Goin' Down" by Yung Joc and Nitti. I agree with this one. Great song.

Posted by Shade

Not it isn't. It's rap.

And I'm still loving... 2006, yeah. I liked 2006. :)

Posted by Omni

I think that 2005 was more awesome in terms of music I like. This year should also be promising given the releases I'm waiting for. I can hardly wait!

Posted by WackoHater2

Being a rap fan, 2006 was good for me. A lot of good rap songs this year.

Posted by Shade

2006 had about 7-8 good releases for me, which more than any other year so far!

Considering I started listening to music in '04.

Posted by Arwon

It's gotta be "Wolf Like Me" by TV on the Radio...

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

that stupidass It's goin down song drove me nuts

Posted by Shade

I iTunes'd Wolf Like Me. Horrible stuff.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting Shade32: I iTunes'd Wolf Like Me. Horrible stuff.

your signature's playlist is reason enough to ignore this...

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting rivercitytecmo: your signature's playlist is reason enough to ignore this...

Of the three bands that I've listened to in Shade's sig (Dream Theater, Machinae Supremacy and Mercenary) they are all awesome. I dunno what you're talking about.

Posted by Hyper

Of the bands listen in Shade's sig that I have listened to (all of them), they are all talented.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

except, you know, rct has different tastes in music. :cookie:

Posted by Arwon

And metal fans are, you know, wrong.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: except, you know, rct has better!!!!!one tastes in music. :cookie: