Dark Secret - Day 10

Posted by Sak

Okay, here's my chapter. BE WARNED: there is no battling whatsoever in this chapter (well except for this one part with Hotaru with her sword, but I don't think you can count that). Enjoy! :D
_______
Dark Secret - Day 10 - Kill Me, Kiss Me (Saving Sora Part 3)

-- Kairi’s House --

Kairi sat down next to the door, eavesdropping on Sora and Anara inside the room behind her. The two of them were arguing yet again. They had so many conflicting views with things. Sora wanted to use some sort of weapon called nethicite so they could destroy all of the heartbrids’ bases in one swift motion, but the problem with the nethicite was that it would create a huge explosion. The explosion would probably destroy the bases along with anything nearby, and since the bases that they knew of were in populated areas, which would mean entire cities would get destroyed in the process. Sora didn’t care about that though, he said it would be for the greater good, and Anara didn’t agree with that, neither did Kairi herself. Anara’s plan was pretty much what they were doing now: killing any of the heartbrids that they ran into, and trying to find the heartbrids’ leader so they could kill him. Her plan sounded much more logical than Sora’s, and fewer innocent lives would probably be lost that way. Despite that, however, Sora still argued with her, saying that it would take too long and his plan would be quicker. Suddenly, the door opened, and Sora walked out, looking pretty angry. “Sora, where are you going?” asked Kairi as she got up. “I’m leaving,” he replied. “Why?” “I’m sick of this, Kairi. My plan’s more logical than her plan is.” “No it’s not, Sora! We can’t sacrifice so many lives just for one cause!” “Tell that to the people who are already dead, tell that to the people who are getting turned into heartbrids as we speak!” “And killing more people will help that?!? Sora, what is wrong with you?!?” “Nothing’s wrong with me.” “Something is, the Sora I know would never consider sacrificing lives for the greater good.” “Well I’m not the Sora you remember then.” “Sora, what the hell happened to you over those two years…? What made you change so much…?” “Nothing made me change, I changed on my own.” “Well then why, why did you change…?” “Would you just shut up with the stupid questions, Kairi?!?” “Look, Sora, I just want to know why you’re so different!” “Because people change over time.” “Sora-” “Just shut the hell up, you little bitch!” Sora grabbed onto her neck with his armored hands and squeezed as hard as he could. He felt her struggle. He saw the tears flow down her face. He heard her breathing turn into wheezing. He felt, saw, and heard all of that, and frankly, he liked it. He smiled a wicked smile and continued to squeeze her neck. “Get off of her!” shouted someone behind him. Sora turned his head to see Hotaru holding her blade. “I said let go of her,” she repeated as she ran towards him. She reached him and swung her sword at the side of his chest. She knew it wouldn’t physically hurt him that much, but it would definitely cause him enough discomfort to drop Kairi. He grunted and instinctively let go of Kairi so he could touch the place where it hurt. Kairi fell to the ground and began taking in deep breaths. “What the hell is wrong with you?” Hotaru asked. Sora looked at Kairi and, realizing what he just did, ran out of the house. “Kairi, are you okay?” asked Hotaru, offering the other girl a hand up. “I don’t know, Hotaru. Physically I am, but I‘m not sure that my heart is…,” Kairi said. She took Hotaru’s hand up and got off of the floor. “C’mon,” said Hotaru, “we’d better go tell Anara what happened, she might know what to do with Sora.” “Yeah, good idea,” Kairi replied. The two girls walked down the hallway until they reached Anara’s room. “Aurie, I was just… I just needed some time alone,” came Anara’s voice. “Whatever you say,” replied a feminine voice, probably coming from a phone. “Well I have to go, the kiddies need me,” Anara said. They heard a beep, followed the sound of something being put into a pocket. “Okay guys, come in here. I know you’re there,” Anara announced. Kairi and Hotaru walked away from their spots by the wall and walked into Anara’s room. “What do you two want?” asked Anara. “Sora just went berserk and tried to strangle me,” Kairi said in one breath. “What?!? Where the hell is he?!?” Anara asked in alarm. “He ran away,” said Hotaru, “I don’t think that he could control himself when he was strangling her though. Do you think there could still be some heartbrid left in him…?” “Maybe. We should have Sara take another look into his mind,” Anara replied. “I’ll go get her,” Kairi said, already walking through the door. As Kairi walked down the corridor, thoughts flooded into her mind. Why exactly did Sora strangle her? Was there really some heartbrid left in him? Why did he run away? Why didn’t he fight Hotaru? Where was he now? “Have you guys seen Sara?” Kairi asked when she passed Kousuke and Sai who were arguing over some miniscule thing that mattered to nobody else but them. “I think she’s in her room,” answered Sai who had Nori-nori on his head. “Yeah, what the kid said,” retorted Kousuke. Kairi walked away from the two of them towards Sara’s room. When she arrived, she knocked on Sara’s door. “Come in!” shouted Sara when she heard the knocks. Kairi turned the metal doorknob and walked into Sara’s room. “Okay, I’ll try and find Sora’s mind,” Sara said without looking up from the book she was reading. “I hate your telepathy sometimes,” Kairi groaned. “Come on let’s go to Anara’s room so we can tell her right away when I find it,” Sara said bluntly. “Scratch that. I really hate your telepathy sometimes,” Kairi said. The two girls exited Sara’s room and headed down the hallway once more (passing the arguing Sai and Kousuke) to reach Anara’s room. “Well that was quick,” Anara said when Sara and Kairi walked through the doorway. “Well I’ll try searching for his mind, but I won’t be able to alter it or anything from this distance,” Sara said. “That’s okay,” said Hotaru, “All we need is a location.” “Here it goes then,” Sara responded. She sat down on the floor with her legs crossed and closed her eyes. The three girls waited patiently in Anara’s room for several minutes. “I’ve found him,” Sara announced, “He’s in a forest not too far from here. From what I can tell from my brief glimpse of his mind, he’s changing his look so we don’t find him. I think that he doesn’t want to be found so he doesn’t hurt anyone again…” “Sora…” thought Kairi. “Let’s go find him,” said Anara, “We need to get him back to normal so that he won’t have to worry about that.” “Well let’s go then,” said Sara as she opened her eyes and got up from the floor. “Wait; let me go get my fan club,” Hotaru laughed, “HEY BOYS, WE’RE LEAVING TO GO GET SORA, AND WE NEED YOU TO COME WITH US!” In an instant, Sai and Kousuke were at the door. “Your wish is my command,” they both said in unison. Then they looked at each other with an angry look on their faces. Meanwhile, Nori-nori was flapping her small wings so she could catch up to Sai and get onto his shoulder. “C’mon let’s go,” said Anara as she walked to the front door…

-- Rectobo Forest --

Kairi walked down the forest path. They had been walking the same path for hours, going deeper and deeper into the forest, and there was still no sign of Sora. “Are you sure this is where he is?” Kairi asked Sara. “I’m positive,” she answered. Kairi sighed and continued walking down the winding path. She put her hands behind her head and looked up at the sky. It was still light out, but she had a feeling that the sun would be setting soon. She watched a few birds fly across the sky and turned her sights to the forest ahead of her once more.A small pond was coming up ahead. There was nothing special about it, it was just your ordinary pond, but Kairi noticed something not too far away from its banks: a pile of what appeared to be armor. “Guys, I think I found something,” she announced to the group. “Where?” asked Kousuke. “By that pond over there. I think that’s Sora’s armor,” she answered. Kairi ran towards the armor. “Yeah, it’s definitely his,” she said, “Why do you think he abandoned it?” “Like I said before, ‘I think that he doesn’t want to be found so he doesn’t hurt anyone again…’” said Sara, “He probably ditched it so he would be less recognizable. I mean a dude in a suit of armor is pretty easy to pick out of a crowd.” Kairi sighed and sat down, “Where do you think he went now?” “Maybe he went to that town over there?” asked Sai as he pointed towards a small town not too far away from where they were. “Weird,” said Kairi, “I never knew that there was another town on the island.” “Well maybe you never came in contact with each other because of the woods?” Hotaru responded. “Yeah, that’s probably it,” Kairi replied, getting up from the forest floor, “Let’s go.” With that said, the group left the pond behind him and entered the small town…

-- Elub - Sora‘s Point of View --

Sora frantically ran up and down the streets of the town, searching for a clothing store and trying to ignore the strange looks people gave him. The strange looks were to be expected, however, because he was in a public place in his underwear and a pair of boots. “Hey dirt bag, put some clothes on, there are kids here!” a woman shouted. Sora felt the rage build up within his chest. He felt like strangling that woman and taking her eyes out of their sockets as trophies. He approached the woman. No, he couldn’t give into the impulse like he had with Kairi; he couldn’t hurt another innocent person. “I-I’m sorry. My girlfriend shoved me out of the house in my underwear and locked me out,” Sora lied. “Oh dear, I didn’t know it was like that,” she replied, “Here take some money to buy yourself some clothes.” The woman handed him $100. “Thank you,” said Sora, bowing, “You’re kindness is much appreciated.” “Oh there’s no need for that,” the woman said, “Now just go get some clothes on. The store’s over that way.” “Thank you again, ma’am,” said Sora as he ran towards the clothing store as quickly as he could. Sora walked into the clothing store and ran to the pants section. He grabbed a pair of tan cargo pants off of the rack and shoved them on. Next, he went to the shirts section. He took one look at the price tag on one of the shirts and decided that it would be better just to get a zip up hoodie. Sora put on the hoodie, leaving it unzipped, and headed to the counter. “Will you be charging, sir?” asked the cashier. “Cash,” Sora replied to the girl’s question. He handed her the $100 bill and waited for her to print out the receipt. “C’mon hurry up,” he said harshly. “I’m going as fast as I can, sir,” the girl replied. Sora had to use every bit of his will power to stop himself from snapping the cashier’s neck. “Here’s your receipt and your change,” the cashier said as she handed him $20 and a slip of paper, “Have a nice day.” Sora walked out of the store and headed to the barber shop next to it. “Cut most of it off and dye it black,” Sora said to the barber as he sat down in the chair…

-- Elub - Kairi’s Point of View --

Kairi walked up and down the streets of the unfamiliar town looking for Sora. The group had decided to split up so they could find him more easily. Sara had linked all of their minds together so they could tell each other if they found him merely by thinking. So far, Kairi had found a lot of people who had found Sora, but none of them had seen where he went. If the next person she spoke to hadn’t seen where Sora went, she was going to give up; it was getting pretty late. “Excuse me, ma’am,” said Kairi to a woman, “Have you seen a man with bushy brown hair in his late teens…?” “Oh you mean the man in the underwear?” the woman replied, “I gave him some money to buy clothes and sent him over to the clothing store.” Without bothering to say “Thanks” Kairi ran off towards the clothing store, hoping that Sora would still be inside…

-- Elub - Sora’s Point of View --

Sora walked out of the barber shop and ran his fingers through his much shorter, black hair. He sighed and began walking through the streets. It was nighttime now, it would be the perfect time for him to leave the islands and find some secluded place where he couldn’t hurt anybody else. He walked across the street to the train station. “I need a ticket for the train leaving the soonest and going the farthest away,” he said to the man in the ticket booth. “I’m sorry,” the man said, “but we’re closing down for the night.” “WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU’RE CLOSING DOWN?!? I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE NOW!” “I’m sorry, sir, but there’s nothing that I can do.” Without saying another word, Sora walked away from the train station. “Crap,” he said to himself, “How the hell am I going to get out of here now?” He continued walking down the dimly lit street, trying to figure out a way of getting away from the islands. Suddenly, someone ran into him. “Oh, sorry,” said a familiar voice.

-- Elub - Kairi’s Point of View --

“It’s okay, let me help you up,” said a familiar voice as a hand reached out to help Kairi up. “Sora…?” she asked. “Oh no,” he said, “Kairi get away from me! I don’t want to hurt you again!” “Sora…” she said. He began running away. “No, Sora, please don’t go,” she said grabbing onto his hand, “Please.” “Why would you want a monster like me to stick around…?” “Sora…I…I love you…” She tightened her grip on his hand. “Kairi…” “Please, Sora, don’t leave… We can have Sara probe your mind, see what’s wrong…” “Kairi…” He took in a deep breath and kissed her, right then and there. She kissed him back. “I love you too, Kairi, more trhan anything in the universe... Now let’s have Sara take a look at my head before I hurt anyone.” “Yeah.” Kairi took his hand in hers, and the two of them walked back to meet with everyone else…

-- to be continued --

Posted by Roxas Lover

This chapter was good, but a little short. I don't think it matters if there wasn't a battle.