New Year's Resolutions

Posted by mis0

It's New Year's eve, the perfect occassion to get drunk and act stupid around people you know and love! Now, an even stupider tradition is the "New Year's Resolution", in which people set usually unrealistic goals for themselves to complete at some point during the year. Typically, their resolve is gone by January 3rd, and they've forgotten entirely by February. It's a stupid tradtion, really.

That being said, have you mustered the resolve to change anything in your life? And, more importantly, do you think you'll even remember what it was tomorrow?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

If I do happen to remember, my resolution (like so many others) will be to lose more weight and workout!

And also to actually learn more French. ewww.

Posted by Draxamus

To take my revenge.

Posted by Shade

THERE'S NO CANADA LIKE FRENCH CANADA!

lol I'm actually going to get some muscle this year.

Posted by Klarth

1280x1024

Posted by KoH

1. To hit 180 lbs. Not too big a goal since I weigh 190 right now, but meh.
2. Like Shade, I too wish to have the physique of a Greek ***. Or in his case, a Canadian ***.
3. Despite how stupid this may sound, to get a girlfriend.

These actually aren't really resolutions but more like goals. I'll just re-edit this list as I think of more.

Posted by Fate

I'm building a tennis routine with my boyfriend. We're not giving up on this one even though our schedules are horrendously different and he's super busy with his game design stuff. I think that's all I need to do.

Posted by Dexter

I want to get back into drums, the way I used to be back in 1998-2002. Maybe find a group to play with or even do some gigs. I got talent and potential to get even better and it's just dumb of me to put it to such terrible waste. I suppose my resolution is to embrace my talents more. The first thing I have to do is purchase another drum set, since I sold my last one. I'll probably get myself an electric drum set again. Love them. I also want to start taking piano lessons.

I want to go see some good concerts, at least 5 that are to my liking. Therion and Dream Theater are the two I hope to see live by the end of the year. I hope they're coming to Portland sometime. I better start looking into that and preparing.

Take a trip, hopefully to Hawaii. After I'm done with a winter term, I want to treat myself to a little vacation to Hawaii, visit my buddy Raptor and have him show me the sights. Right now everything seems to be ok to go, but you can never be too sure. Something might get in my way and I'm going to try my best not to allow that to happen.

To surpass Vampy in talent in Call of Duty 2.

I usually succeed with my New Years Resolutions. I did last year.

Posted by Shade

Oh, another one of mine to quit buying so many things on impulse so that I may buy an Xbox 360 sometime before the summer.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Not making one. Never have.

Posted by Aesthetic

Moving in with Steve and getting up the money to move to another state. I'll find more things to do eventually.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Get a better phyique
And to learn to dance :(

Posted by WackoHater2

Try to lose some weight and drink nothing but water. I drink way too much soda and iced tea. I wanna go a whole year without any other drink but water. I'm pretty much doing it to prove to myself that I can. I really don't think that I can do it.

Posted by Zeta

Get a job and learn to ****ing drive.

Posted by Slade

There are a lot of things I'd like to get done next year, but I wouldn't consider them resolutions. It'd be neat if I got back in good shape and did well in school, though.

Posted by Omni

Post more pictures on VGC, and post in the video game sections.

The rest of my resolutions are for the real world.

Posted by Speedfreak

If I'm to have any future at all I have to basically turn my life completely around in the space of a year. I spent New Years at a pretty lame party that was still miles better than what I would have otherwise done, which is be home alone.

My New Year's resolution essentially boils down to: be at a better party this year.

Posted by Axis

Nothing.

Everything in my life right now is fine. I'm almost perfectly happy with how everything is going right now.

Posted by Dexter

Same here. I'm like Zach in The Last Kiss, I'm exactly where I dreamed to be 5 years ago, even better than that. I probably take it for granted. I still like to set new goals, though, and I'll keep pressing forward, avoiding a stagnant, contented position. New inspirations are always coming my way. I just find my motivation, and conquer like Curr.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Zeta: Get a job and learn to ****ing drive.

Wait, are you just bad at it, or do you not have your permit yet?

I'm also gonna try and be less of an ******* to people I don't know.

Posted by cas

Im gonna do something productive this year! Maybe.

Im gonna learn how to drive too..

drive a forklift! yeah! How hard can it be, there are only 3 pedals, 3 levers, another lever with 3 positions and a key that has 3 positions.

In the immediate future, i think i will just buy some pants. lol

Posted by Dexter

I drive a forklift at work sometimes. Not hard.

Posted by Shade

...Home Depot?

Posted by KoH

[quote=Panic]I really don't think that I can do it.

Then you've already failed.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Shade32: ...Home Depot?

No, but that's a decent job. Good pay and benefits from what I hear.

Posted by The Judge

Rather than a resoltion, I merely have a goal to be more prosperous.

Posted by Dexter

Power, Judge, power. Get as much of it as possible. I want to see world domination on your part.

Posted by x.r0wney.x

my new years resolution is to get a new years resolution

Posted by KoH

HO HO! That's a knee-slapper right there, Jimmy!

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Dexter:
Take a trip, hopefully to Hawaii. After I'm done with a winter term, I want to treat myself to a little vacation to Hawaii, visit my buddy Raptor and have him show me the sights. Right now everything seems to be ok to go, but you can never be too sure. Something might get in my way and I'm going to try my best not to allow that to happen.

Then you'd better hurry up before I'm off in majestic Scotland exploring the [url=http://www.phototravels.net/scotland/pcd0864/eilean-donan-castle-moon-18.3.jpg]Eilean Donan Castle[/url]. It would be nice to show you the best (and worst, for the sake of contrast) of Hawaii. When is your term over, anyway?

I resolve to leave America this year.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Dexter: Power, Judge, power. Get as much of it as possible. I want to see world domination on your part.

k

Posted by Dexter

I think it's over 11 weeks from now. Don't let it stop you from doing anything. If it doesn't work, then it's all good. If it does work out well, then sweet.

Posted by Raptor

You can visit me in Britain instead. We could carouse around London, hang out with Kiroo, and drive on the left side of the road!

Posted by Klarth

Brits don't actually drive on the left side of the road. It's an optical illusion.

Posted by Trigger

I don't plan resolutions, they're for the weak.

Posted by Zeatha

Open an anime shop in my home town....

Posted by Ant

Make sure it has Inu-yasha! ^______________________________^

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

And those body pillows. hawt

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Klarth]Brits don't actually drive on the left side of the road. It's an optical illusion.

Yes, our roads are just surrounded by mirrors.

Raptor's staying in London?