Silent Hill 2

Posted by Zeta

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163606.html

[quote]There are a slew of film adaptations of video games in production right now, Hitman, Alice, and Postal, for example. Now, according to director Christophe Gans, Silent Hill 2 can be added to that list.

Gans, the Antibes-born director of the first Silent Hill movie, has revealed that a second SH film is on the way, and that it will correct the mistakes of the first.

The original Silent Hill, released on April 21 2006, told the story of Rose Da Silva, a mother who sets out to find a town called Silent Hill, which her daughter Sharon calls to in her sleep.

Gans confirmed in an interview with French magazine DVDrama, "There will indeed be a Silent Hill 2 and it is officially ordered and is already well underway. Once he has finished his adaptation of Driver, Roger Avary will be [working on the script], helped by his friend Neil Gaiman."

Roger Avary is a Canadian-born director, producer, and writer. He has previously worked on the screenplays for the first Silent Hill, Killing Zoe, and won an Oscar for his work on Pulp Fiction.

British author Neil Gaiman is most famous for his series of Sandman graphic novels, and has also worked on screenplays for the TV series of his novel Neverwhere, as well as Mirrormask and Princess Mononoke.

However, Gaiman's actual contribution is now under some doubt, after a post on his own blog stated, "Yesterday I discovered pretty much all of my FAQ messages were people asking whether I was really going to be writing the Silent Hill sequel with Roger Avary. I'm afraid that I don't think I am--I mean, it's the first thing I've ever heard of it, and I'm sure that if they make a sequel Roger would want to write it himself."

Gans' original statement has since been re-translated, so until there is clarification from Gans or Gaiman, some mystery still shrouds the title's development.

Gans added that he may not have time to take on the project himself, due to his commitments on the adaptation of another video game project, Onimusha.

When asked who he would like to direct if he was unable to, Gans told DVDrama that, "If I cannot take on Silent Hill 2 myself, the director who does would need to continue in the same style as the first film. One does not want to make a Hollywood-style movie, and I think that it makes sense if the director of the sequel is European--in the best case scenario, French."

He also revealed that he was planning a special two disc collector's edition DVD of the original Silent Hill, but that would be a long time coming, possibly not for two and a half to three years--and that he intends to start work on it only after finishing up on Onimusha.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Saw that coming. Silent Hill was a success, and SH2 will also be a success.

Posted by Dexter

Nice. I was just talking about whether or not they would continue with the films.

Wish they'd make another Mario movie.

Posted by Bebop

Maybe the sequel will actually be good. Now that the directer knows what the biggest problems were in the first one he can hopefully avoid them.

I liked the first one *shrugs*

Posted by Dexter

That's because it was pretty good, especially for a video game movie. Arguably the best one yet.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Dexter: That's because it was pretty good, especially for a video game movie. Arguably the best one yet.

Yup. They did the same concept as the first one, but made it so that the dumb american audience can understand, because if they did the SH1 story line, people would so lost.

Yet, people still got lost. Go figure.

Posted by WackoHater2

The first one was good, and I figured they'd make a sequel. Aren't there 4 games in the series?

Five. But that means nothing.

Posted by WackoHater2

I've never played the games, so I dunno if they have anything to do with the movies at all.. I just figured if there were 5 games, they'd make that many movies. But I could be wrong. Look at Resident Evil. I lost count of how many Resident Evil games there are, but I know there are only 2 movies. Anyway, I am looking forward to the second movie.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yet, people still got lost. Go figure.

Yeah, I really got confused with the ending, even after reading your explanation. I'm still not sure I understand it all, honestly.

Rose brought the devil into the church, it fused with the little girl, everyone died. That's about the long and short of it.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Dexter: That's because it was pretty good, especially for a video game movie. Arguably the best one yet.

Obviously its the best video game movie to date. But they really means nothing.

It was so dull and boring. It did noithing to entertain or impress people who werent fans of the series. Ive never played any of the games and it didnt do anything to make me want to learn more. It had some good parts but it was mostly ill paced and just dull dull dull. Seriously my **** travels up hill faster than the series of events in the film. Also, where were the scares? None. Zero. I cant even remember stupid jumpy bits. I thought it would be something like the Omen films. Alas it was not. Honestly if the games are anything like this film I hope to *** the series is abandoned.

Posted by The Judge

I think the first one was one of the better, if not the best, video game movie out there. I didn't think it was incredible, but most video game movies hit such a monumental low (Bloodrayne) that to have a decent one is rather nice, sort of like what King Kong did for the movie-to-video game reverse role.

I hope they'll follow the story to the second game, which I'm told is the best and deals a lot with Pyramid Head.

Needless to say, I'm excited.

Quoted post: Also, where were the scares? None. Zero. I cant even remember stupid jumpy bits.

Thank ***. There's nothing worse in movies than cheap scares.

Posted by Bebop

The only thing worse than a horror reliing on cheap scares is A HORROR NOT BEING SCARY AT ALL. Christ, Silent Hill didnt even have enough to pass off as a cheap horror. What an awful film.

The games weren't scary either. Go figure :cookie:

Posted by Crazy K

I can't wait now. The first one was possibly the best video game based film to date. I do agree that it was not that great of a film, but being that it is based off of a video game, it's not that bad.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Rose brought the devil into the church, it fused with the little girl, everyone died. That's about the long and short of it.

Well, no exactly

Warning Spoilers Ahead:

When Rose and Sharon crashed, they died and SH is pretty much purgatory, where no of the souls that died in the fire, including Alessa, who wants to get revenge on the cult who burned her alive. So Sharon and Rose died by fate so that the cult can rot in hell and Alessa can die peacfully. Thats why at the end Rose and Sharon came home and The dad didnt see them.

/End Spoilers

I thought it was a good movie, but all the reviews of that film were based on the stupid critics who couldnt understand it. And people didnt like because they didnt understand, they like movies where they get hand fed everything. *** for bid you have to think a little while watching a movie.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The games weren't scary either. Go figure :cookie:

Hey Silent Hill 1 and 2 were freaking scary as hell.

Quoted post:
Warning Spoilers Ahead:

When Rose and Sharon crashed, they died and SH is pretty much purgatory, where no of the souls that died in the fire, including Alessa, who wants to get revenge on the cult who burned her alive. So Sharon and Rose died by fate so that the cult can rot in hell and Alessa can die peacfully. Thats why at the end Rose and Sharon came home and The dad didnt see them.

/End Spoilers

Yeah, no. That's one of the theories, but no. The entire movie would have been pointless if that was the case. Not only that, but it's actually based on the games. So there's two towns.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, no. That's one of the theories, but no. The entire movie would have been pointless if that was the case. Not only that, but it's actually based on the games. So there's two towns.

Yea your an idiot. It was no where near based on the games. And since you wont believe me, I will have to explain the game.

Harry takes his little child Cherryl to Silent Hill, their favourite vacation spot when they see a woman walking in the middle of the road, and the spin over and crash, when Harry wakes up, Cherryl is missing and he ventures through Silent Hill looking for her when finds out that Dhalia (Alessa's Mother) is going to use Cherryl/Alessa (Woman they almost hit on the road) to birth the G0D of the town, the G0D awakens, Harry kills it, Alessa gives Harry a baby, and its Cherryl as a baby and thats who Heather is in SH3

And there isnt 2 towns, only in the games. hence why Sean Bean didnt see his wife and kid when they went back home and it was still that gray world when they got there.

You cant win this battle.

Theres 2 game series I know alot about are:
Kingdom Hearts series and the Silent Hill series

:rolleyes: The film is an adaption of the first game. It uses themes, moods, and various other pieces from the second, third and forth. To say it's not based on a game is laughable. It even has dialogue, scenes and characters taken straight from the games.

Better explanation of the end: http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=506251&postcount=1142

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: :rolleyes: The film is an adaption of the first game. It uses themes, moods, and various other pieces from the second, third and forth. To say it's not based on a game is laughable. It even has dialogue, scenes and characters taken straight from the games.

Better explanation of the end: http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=506251&postcount=1142

nice one. its so wrong.

A) Pyramid Head served no purpose story wise. He was just a monster thrown in for the fans (Red G0D= Pyramid Head)

B) Ok if they were in "another world" why didnt Officer Gucchi and Sean Bean see them along they way, and why did Rose walk right past him and he could only smell her? Wy didnt they enter the other world when they went into SH? If you listen to the movie closely, Officer Gucchi says the HOLE TOWN DIED IN THE FIRE. THAT MEANS EVERYONE, INCLUDING THE CULT SMART ONE. And how did they not die? They were in the building where the fire started! Why were they at home when and He couldnt see them? And it wasnt based on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. It was mostly based on the 1st, with extra monsters thrown in from the 2nd one, the 3rd one is directly tied to the 1st one, and the 4th one is so far off from any of the 3 games and had no relation with the story. the only characters it used was Alessa/Sharon(aka Cherryl), Lisa the Nurse, Dhalia and Officer Cyibl other wise everyone else was made up

Your interpitation is wrong, nice try though.

[quote]Alessa and "The Demon" (the devil, basically) plotted against the cult in hopes of getting revenge, and to do this the demon gave Alessa certain powers. That's where the dark Silent Hill comes in. Basically, it's just Alessa's dreams. When the demon enters the church, it's allowed to finally kill off the rest of the town. Near the end, you see the demon confront Sharon, who opens here eyes. It's the believed that the dark alessa completely "consumes" the good alessa, thus trapping them in limbo forever. So, though they aren't dead, the might as well be.

This part is correct, but Alessa is only a "demon" in the eyes of the cult. And Dark Alessa fused with Light Alessa (Sharon) to complete Alessa, hence now she is full Alessa. Resembles the first game when Alessa gives Harry the baby Cherryl, The real Alessa gives the dark part of her to the light one and gives the 2 fused parts to Rose.

I'll say it again, you cant win this battle

Quoted post: A) Pyramid Head served no purpose story wise. He was just a monster thrown in for the fans (Red G0D= Pyramid Head)

Where the hell did I mention PH?

Quoted post: B) Ok if they were in "another world" why didnt Officer Gucchi and Sean Bean see them along they way, and why did Rose walk right past him and he could only smell her? Wy didnt they enter the other world when they went into SH? If you listen to the movie closely, Officer Gucchi says the HOLE TOWN DIED IN THE FIRE. THAT MEANS EVERYONE, INCLUDING THE CULT SMART ONE. Why were they at home when and He couldnt see them? And it wasnt based on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. It was mostly based on the 1st, with extra monsters thrown in from the 2nd one, the 3rd one is directly tied to the 1st one, and the 4th one is so far off from any of the 3 games and had no relation with the story. the only characters it used was Alessa/Sharon(aka Cherryl), Lisa the Nurse, Dhalia and Officer Cyibl other wise everyone else was made up

Holy ****... you're so dumb it's amazing. They didn't see them because they were in a completely different dimension. That's the whole point of an alternate dimension--to be separate. He could still smell her perfume because she was there, it was a hint to the audience to say that "yeah, they're separated, but they're still in the same are," and helped by giving Bean a clue to make him pursue it further. Also, why exactly would Bean be in the Dark Silent Hill again? Dark Alessa has no purpose for him. She only needed Sharon and Rose.

Notice I said it's an adaption of the first game? Yeah. I never said it was based on any other game, it just took characters, themes, settings, and various other bits from them. Learn to read. Lord, it's like you need to prove how much you know about the games for some lame reason. Cute stuff.

Anyways, if they actually did die--everyone including Rose, what exactly is the point of the rest of the movie?

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Where the hell did I mention PH?

Holy ****... you're so dumb it's amazing. They didn't see them because they were in a completely different dimension. That's the whole point of an alternate dimension--to be separate. He could still smell her perfume because she was there, it was a hint to the audience to say that "yeah, they're separated, but they're still in the same are," and helped by giving Bean a clue to make him pursue it further. Also, why exactly would Bean be in the Dark Silent Hill again? Dark Alessa has no purpose for him. She only needed Sharon and Rose.

Notice I said it's an adaption of the first game? Yeah. I never said it was based on any other game, it just took characters, themes, settings, and various other bits from them. Learn to read. Lord, it's like you need to prove how much you know about the games for some lame reason. Cute stuff.

Anyways, if they actually did die--everyone including Rose, what exactly is the point of the rest of the movie?

uh, since you obviously are too stupid to understand, let me break it to you in baby steps.

Rose and Sharon are driving to Silent Hill, its raining, the road is slippery, they are going a a fast speed, and so is Cybil on a motorcycle. Rose spins out and hits the railing on the side of the road. I dont know about you, but if your going fast and you hit something so sudden and you hit your head, odds are you arent going to live. Cybil spun out and crashed on a motorcycle and hit her head. Same deal. And also, how do you expect Alessa to live after she got BURNED ALIVE? Wanna re-think that one over? Gucci ripped her from that grill platform, and brought her to the Hospital. Before she died, she wanted to get her revenge on the cult. But she dies, and the cult died already, so she goes after the cult in purgatory, aka the other demension. She created the light and dark side, the light she gave up for adoption, so she would lure Rose into SH, and then die so she can go into purgatory so she can help her get into the church. Now Gucci and Chirs (Sean Bean) are driving through SH and he says the coal fire b/s and said everyone died, half the bodies werent even found etc. Hmm. And he also said when he "arrested" Chris that Alessa died in the hospital.

Get it now dumbass? Or are you too ignorant to admit your wrong?

I will say this for the 3rd time. YOU CANT WIN THIS BATTLE : )

and your quote mentioned something about it, the PH was just a fact since I saw it in that thread you privided.

Half the bodies weren't found? Odd. Couldn't have been the cult members who've stayed and hidden within a completely deserted and near-forgotten town. Alessa dies? Nope. She's brought into the other dimension with help from the demon. She's kept alive to exact her revenge with aid of the Red Nurse. But I think one thing you're forgetting is the fact that this is a movie... about demons, hell, giants who rip of skin, alternate dimensions and so on. If they wanted Rose and Sharon to survive, it's not that difficult. Plus, if they died, chances are their bodies would have been discovered.

As for the PH thing, read the thread before you start yapping away.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Half the bodies weren't found? Odd. Couldn't have been the cult members who've stayed and hidden within a completely deserted and near-forgotten town. Alessa dies? Nope. She's brought into the other dimension with help from the demon. She's kept alive to exact her revenge with aid of the Red Nurse. But I think one thing you're forgetting is the fact that this is a movie... about demons, hell, giants who rip of skin, alternate dimensions and so on. If they wanted Rose and Sharon to survive, it's not that difficult. Plus, if they died, chances are their bodies would have been discovered.

As for the PH thing, read the thread before you start yapping away.

Your right it is odd. Maybe they got burned to ashes? An Ironic way to die for the cult. I think my "theory" is better than yours because mine is backed up with more evidence then yours. But there is one thing that supports my "theory" of them dying and the town dying. Remember when she gets out of the car and later the cops find the car? Hmm, I wonder how that could be. The car is in both "worlds". This could support your theory as well, but if it was transfered into the other demension with Rose and Sharon, they wouldnt be able to find it. And not only that, the fire happend 30 years prior to the movie, and how were they able to stay at the same exact age as they were 30 years ago? This is Silent Hill, not some retarded Harry Potter movie. The movie isnt some dumb movie about monsters and such, SH always had purpose to the monsters and why they were there, and the movie is no diffrent.

and I dont know what you mean by "yapping away" at the Ph thing. He isnt in the movie for any purpose but to please the fans. Because PH had a purpose in SH2, and was part of the main story line thing.

Quoted post: and I dont know what you mean by "yapping away" at the Ph thing. He isnt in the movie for any purpose but to please the fans. Because PH had a purpose in SH2, and was part of the main story line thing.

Except it had absolutely nothing to do with anything. Dur.

Anywho, you're right, most of the monsters have a purpose, but it's still a movie about monsters. That, and it makes no sense for the car to be brought to hell with them. There's really no evidence either way, because it's a movie. Until Gans comes in and says "lol this is what really happened" every theory is wrong. The theory I stated just seems to be the one people generally feel to be correct. idk

Anywho, it was fun arguing with you. You sure showed me a thing or two. You know so much about Silent Hill, I'm simply awe-struck!

Posted by Dexter

I'd like to see you guys discuss Donnie Darko now, kk?

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Dexter: I'd like to see you guys discuss Donnie Darko now, kk?

oh the wonders! I would have to re-watch it, I havent seen it in a long time.

and yes, that was a good arugment. You had alot of valid points, and it was a good interpitation of the movie, but only until Ganns says something, your right, we are both wrong. So we both can believe in what ever we believe in until we here the honest-to-G0D truth. Maybe he says something on the dvd? I dont know, because I dont want the ugly dvd cover in my house. And I dont know if you mean the last two statements sarcastically. But Im gonna take it as some sort of compliment.

Quoted post: And I dont know if you mean the last two statements sarcastically. But Im gonna take it as some sort of compliment.

The entire end was sarcasm. With me, if you're not sure if I'm being sarcastic then I'm being sarcastic *oscar*

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The entire end was sarcasm. With me, if you're not sure if I'm being sarcastic then I'm being sarcastic *oscar*

should of known :P