Re: Official all usage banner request thread.

Posted by Scorpion

Help! For some reason my PS won't let me put in text anymore! It opens the text box but the cursor goes all the way off the page no matter what size font I choose, the type is invisible, and nothing I do makes it appear. What did I do to cause this problem?!

Posted by Hyper

Split. You should have made a new thread.

Try reinstalling PS. If the problem persists, post here.

Posted by Scorpion

I just re-installed it and it still isn't working. HELP! I am having the same problem.

Posted by Hyper

Take a screenshot of your problem.

Posted by Scorpion

Ok, for a second my text tool was working but only in one of my windows, it still wasn't working in the one that I was making then it stopped working again. I made this:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/KarlKroenen/Untitled-2.jpg[/IMG] but i couldn't change the type because I copied it from another banner that already had it on there(in other words I didn't type the words you see).

And here is a picture of my problem:

Look at the text box on the selected image and see how the line goes way past the box and to the end of the border, it is like that even if I put the font on 8 and when you type nothing shows up nor can it be selected or shown by doing a color overlay.

Posted by Hyper

Go to Window -> Character and look at the highlighted part in this pic:

Make sure that's set to 100%.

Posted by Scorpion

THanks I think you fixed it, that part highlighted was at 100% but the part right below it was at -1296. Thanks!

Posted by Hyper

That would be the problem. Glad to help. Just make sure you get better so I don't regret this.

Posted by Scorpion

New problem(with my text tool again!), now my text size always pre-set to 0.01 and even when I change it to a big font the cursor is the size of a period and when I type it doesn't move and no text shows up. Please help me.

Posted by Hyper

Oh ***, I've had that problem before. I have no idea how to fix it either. Check the character window again though.

Posted by Scorpion

Crap, this sucks. I checked the character menu and there is nothing wrong with it. Darn it!

Posted by Hyper

Yeah, you're pretty much screwed. Unless you can make the font size really big or something.

Take a screen of your character window just to make sure, though.

Posted by Scorpion

I fixed it, I just kept the character window open, and tried to type and it worked even though I didn't change anything.