Twilight Princess: Theories *spoilers!*

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Post/discuss your theories here - whether they be based on the plot, where the game fits into a timeline, or what a certain cameo means.

My only current theory is based on interweb chatter and some ideas of my own - namely that the golden wolf/undead warrior, who passes on techniques, is the Hero of Time.

Initially, it sounds ridiculous, but a lot of pieces fit into place. To start with, the Howling Stones used to unlock the new techniques are strikingly similar to the Gossip Stones, that OoT's Link communicated with using the Mask of Truth. Also, the tunes Wolf Link howls are all familiar to the Hero of Time - the Bolero of Fire and the Song of Healing, to name but two. As explained by the undead warrior, the techniques he teaches you were techniques 'known by the Hero of the Past' (most of them were actually used by Wind Waker's Link, though) - so how does he know them? Finally, the warrior takes on the same form as the current Link - a wolf. Suggesting that holders of the Triforce of Courage all take on this form in the Twilight.

Doesn't really explain how the Hero of Time become a rotting corpse in gold armour, but a lot of hints point to it.

Posted by Ant

I thought it was obvious.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Ant: I thought it was obvious.

I didn't, I couldn't really imagine Link as a scary zombie.

:(

Posted by maian

Well, he also claimed he "Chose the life of the hero", and called Link "my son". I thought it was obvious. :cookie: His blade is also strikingly similar to the Master Sword's, possibly the same. His hilt is different, though.

Posted by Zeta

In a lot of kung-fu movies and stuff the sensei usually refers to the student as "my child" or whatever. I figured it was the same with the Hero's Spirit.