Favourite Item? *perhaps spoilers?*

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Made this thread simply to talk about about how awesome the [URL="http://heroofspinners.ytmnd.com/"]Spinner[/URL] is. It's pretty much my favourite item, ever. What about you guys?

:cool:

Posted by Stalolin

Hookshot's been an old favorite of mine. And yes, the Spinner is absolutely amazing, with the best part of it being the boss battle in that temple.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Ball and Chain?!

Posted by Zeta

Spinner. A ****ing shame that it isn't used that much, though. :(

Posted by maian

I'd say spinner, if it was actually used more, and could be used for something else besides cruising on pre-made tracks.

The hookshot has always been my favorite, so the Double Clawshot probably takes its place.

Posted by Ant

Double Clawshot and Spinner. The addition of having a second claw/hookshot made a huge difference, despite not being that big deal. However, the spinner was really fun. I'll sometimes go around tracks again just for the hell of it. Still, I would have prefered a few more puzzles with it. Same problem with the ball&chain, not enough use out of that either :(

Posted by maian

I still enjoy the ball and chain, for the sake of fighting. If it doesn't have much value, try it again in the cave of ordeals. It's excellent for killing ReDeads, because the throwing shot damages them, and the returning blow kills. If you're ever out of ammo when fighting, for example, Beamos', the ball and chain serves its purpose well. But yeah, it still wasn't implemented enough.

Posted by Zeta

I've noticed that when swinging the Ball 'n' Chain above your head some enemies will stop and watch it. I think it was the Lizalfos/Dinolfos.

Posted by maian

Did anyone ever distract Ganondorf with the fishing rod? That was fun. :cookie:

Posted by Zeta

Holy crap, you can do that? O_o I should go try that...

Posted by Omni

I'd have to say Boomerang! It was really cool in the first game.

Posted by maian

Quoting Zeta: Holy crap, you can do that? O_o I should go try that...

Yup, you can cast it, and when it goes back, he glances at it, briefly. That gives you a chance to hit him.

Posted by muffla

dno why but i loved the duku leaf

Posted by Tendo

Deku Leaf it's cool to fly around and shot blasts of air
Ocarina I like the music
Masks they look awsome (bunny hood rocks)

Posted by Tendo

Quoting maian: Did anyone ever distract Ganondorf with the fishing rod? That was fun. :cookie:

O_o you can do that?

Posted by Xero

I love the spinner.

I loved using it while the boss fight in the Arbiter's ground (stallord). It's not an item we've seen in other zelda games before either.

Too bad we can't use it more often throughout the game :(

Posted by Creedence

Double hookshots was awesome.

Posted by Xero

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: Double hookshots was awesome.

*clawshot

;)

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Though I didn't care for the Gale Boomerang in Twilight Princess, I think overall the boomerang is my favorite Zelda item. I'd always keep it in my item slot on Zelda 1 when I didn't need anything else in particular at the time. Same for Link to the Past.

Posted by Alastor

Double Clawshot. Seemed like such a minor addition at first, but using it actually took some getting used to, and the puzzles that required it were really fun.

Gale Boomerang had to be one of the worst. I can't even immediately recall one place you need to use it after the first dungeon. Classic Boomerang for the win.

Posted by Ant

Hyrule castle, DUH!

Posted by Alastor

Psh... Hyrule Castle didn't even count as a ****ing dungeon.

Posted by Ant

you're a dungeon.

Posted by TMNT Freak

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I prefer the Hookshot/Longshot myself. I found it was a pleasent substitute for the Bow and Arrows in LoZ on the N64.[/COLOR]

Posted by G-Sides

ballnchain4lyfe.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Alastor: Gale Boomerang had to be one of the worst. I can't even immediately recall one place you need to use it after the first dungeon. Classic Boomerang for the win.

How is that different from most items? Ball and chain, Spinner, the Dominion Rod. Half of the items you get during the games are useless. The only items you really need are the bow and the clawshot.

Quoting G-Sides: ballnchain4lyfe.

I loved it, but I could only use it one last time against Zant :(

Posted by metroidhunter9292

I like the masks...especially the Zora mask in LoZ:MM

Posted by ExoXile

I like alot of them.
Pretty much ll of them are my faves.

The real fave would be Dual Clawshot.
:D

Posted by O.T.L

I love the MASTER SWORD that thing is amazing. if i were to pick an item from the choices it would be the mirror sheild thats very cool looking.

Posted by Sakaki-chan

I like bows and arrows better than the spinner. I don't know why though. I just like them.

Posted by Phantom75230

I said other as in fairy in a bottle, whichis somewhat of an item, b/c it automatically revives 8 hearts when you "die"

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Xero: How is that different from most items? Ball and chain, Spinner, the Dominion Rod. Half of the items you get during the games are useless. The only items you really need are the bow and the clawshot.

True. I seem to remember using the Spinner most out of them all, though. Then the Ball and Chain (hi, Cave of Ordeals), Dominion Rod, and THEN Gale Boomerang. Plus, the rest of those were cooler than the Gale Boomerang. :(

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Boomerang is my favourite, by far. Hook/clawshot and the deku leaf are also super.

Man, I want to play TP. :(

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

You can't go wrong with a bow and arrow, expecially if you have magic or "Mask of head shot" (I really want one) to combine it with.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Master Sword, hands down

Posted by U.B.C.S. Nick

Maybe in the top down games but not in ocarina of time. Without the little beam that you fire out the sword at full health, it's not as good to me as the bow.

Posted by Vbty3

Double Clawshot for me, and what LOZ games did the hover boots appear in?

Posted by Zeta

Just OoT.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Pretty useless, too. :(

Posted by Death Cube K

My favorite weapon were the Bomb-Chus. Just so much fun to set a bunch of them around and see where they'd go.

That and the Boomerang/Bomb combo.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Alastor: True. I seem to remember using the Spinner most out of them all, though. Then the Ball and Chain (hi, Cave of Ordeals), Dominion Rod, and THEN Gale Boomerang. Plus, the rest of those were cooler than the Gale Boomerang. :(

I don't remember using the spinner more than the ball and chain...

wait...considering Hyrule Castle, you do need the spinner there. And you need it as well in the Temple of Time for the boss key.

I never went in the Cave of Ordeals. Is it really important to go there?

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Xero: I don't remember using the spinner more than the ball and chain...

wait...considering Hyrule Castle, you do need the spinner there. And you need it as well in the Temple of Time for the boss key.

I never went in the Cave of Ordeals. Is it really important to go there?

No, but it's fun, challenging (especially compared to Wind Waker's trial pit thingy), and if you clear it completely, you get fairies at all of the Springs and Great Fairy Tears (restores all health and increases attack until you get hit, like Elixer Soup in WW).

Plus, after you beat it, you can go through it a second time, and it has a few more enemies on certain floors.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Alastor: No, but it's fun, challenging (especially compared to Wind Waker's trial pit thingy), and if you clear it completely, you get fairies at all of the Springs and Great Fairy Tears (restores all health and increases attack until you get hit, like Elixer Soup in WW).

Plus, after you beat it, you can go through it a second time, and it has a few more enemies on certain floors.

So it's a bonus dungeon? Cool. Where is it? I'll give it a try. :)

Posted by Alastor

It's in the Gerudo Desert. It's in the bottom left if you're playing on the GameCube, and I guess the bottom right if you're on the Wii. It's where you find the missing piece to the Bridge of Eldin. Midna can warp you there. I think it's called the Gerudo Mesa.

Edit: You'll pretty much need all of the items to explore it. Spinner, Dominion Rod, and Double Clawshot come to mind. It's extremely helpful if you have all of the bottles (Blue Potions and Rare Chu Jelly are your friends), the biggest quiver, and all the Bomb Bags (regular bombs will be fine, you don't need Water ones for anything). Magic Armor can come in handy too, I suppose, but I never use it.

Posted by Xero

Well I started a new game all over and I haven't completed the City in the Sky yet. I'll do that first.

As for the bottles, I think I only have 2. Is that enough? Why are the Jellies needed in there?
I also need the biggest quiver? Holy Smokes! I only have the 30 arrows one!

I guess it's harder than I thought.

Posted by Alastor

No no, you don't NEED any of that. You can go through it with just a sword, Spinner, Double Clawshot, and Dominion Rod if you want to. I just find those items helpful.

Edit: Wait, no, you need Ball and Chain, too. Big ice enemies.

Posted by Xero

Oh ok. Sorry I misread you.

Well I'll still complete the City in the Sky to get my double clawshot and then I'll try to find that Gerudo Mesa. Thanx for the help :)

Posted by Link&Luigi loverRAWK

hey isnt the hook/clawshot & grappling hook the same thing!?
any way my fav is dominean rod besides the master sword come on admit it its every1s fav item
if u could only have 3swords 3 sheilds & every other item i would have
master,biggoron's,andthe regular sword
hyrulian mirror &deku sheild

Posted by #061402

***, why isn't this idiot banned yet? Irks the living organs out of me.

While this thread is kinda necro'd, I must say I like the hover boots. Or, at least the sound they make when you hover.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Link&Luigi loverRAWK:
any way my fav is dominean rod besides the master sword come on admit it its every1s fav item

The Dominion Rod? Out of all the items that were created in the Zelda Series, you went for the item that only serves in one very easy temple and only makes statues jump around? Yikes...

And I personally don't like the Master Sword that much. I thought the 1st upgrade on link's sword in MM with the gold dust was much better looking.

Posted by O.T.L

Clawshot, love spamming that ****.

Posted by ExoXile

Tempered sword in A Link to The Past. :cool:

Posted by O.T.L

Dude if link could wear the mirror shield in Brawl he would own so much.

It would shield and reflect lazers. :0

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]The Fierce Deity's Mask. Link became a ****ing TANK when he pimped that ****.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Breakman

my all-time favorite's probably the ice rod from link to the past, as fun and unique as all the items in that game are that's one that you can get very early that's very useful, very powerful and is one of the two components needed for the 'get a magic pot from any enemy guaranteed' trick

i am also very fond of bombchus and am appalled that they weren't on this poll list

Posted by Kutlass

Pegasus boots. Nothing beats dashing all over the place and busting down doors, shaking items out of trees, and catching up to speedy young men who are dressed like pimps from the 70's.

Posted by coromoro

It's hard for me to pick because one of the magical things about Zelda (more so in 3D Zelda games) is being able to pick a combination of items and utilize them all strategically. This is most evident in Wind Waker, because in Twilight Princess you were either stuck with picking only two items on the GC version, or you could pick four, but would have to switch between them so it wasn't as fluid. In Wind Waker I'd have so much fun just battling.

*hookshot* *boomerang* *slash* *slash* *slash* k, this is getting annoying *light arrow* :cool:

Posted by hijk432

我们是一家贸易公司。在EBAY上做网络商务.我们有完善的网络销售模式,收益很好。现招聘国外长期合作伙伴,只要你英语好,无论你是工人、学生、还是其它的自由职业者都可以。 产品由我们来提供!你的工作就是在网上注册ebay帐户和paypal帐户,你销售和回复客户邮件就可以,你收款,我发货,除去费用我们平分,这项工作只会占用你很少的业余时间。真实身份,诚信合作,我们有严格的工作程序,可以保证我们之间的利益. 有兴趣的朋友一起合作 MSN:guifang888@hotmail.com email:guifang888@hotmail.com QQ: 1249632373