Saddam's Dead

Posted by The Judge

And most people seem happy about it.

Thoughts, oh candid minds of VGC?

Posted by TheSorrow

none from me except that hes dead finally...

Posted by Zeta

I remain apathetic.

Posted by Roger Smith

I remain further grim.

Posted by Fate

After reading John Grisham's The Innocent Man, the death penalty is really bothersome to me. But Saddam was guilty, guilty, guilty and I dare say he deserved this over being handed out to a crowd of Kurds to rip him apart.

Posted by mis0

I think he was a terrible person who deserved to rot away in prison or be made a public spectacle. But his execution at this time is likely to increase violence among supporters, and to cause Iraqis to question who really handed down the punishment - their own "sovereign" government, or US officials manipulating the Iraqi officials.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have been executed, but now was certainly not the time to do so. I also found this part of his final letter quite astonishing, to come from someone who supposedly is as terrible as he:

"I call on you not to hate because hate does not leave space for a person to be fair and it makes you blind and closes all doors of thinking...I also call on you not to hate the people of the other countries that attacked us and who separated the people from those who govern them"

Surprising, anyway.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I wonder if his neck broke, or if he choked to death. Maybe both?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Didn't care until "BREAKING NEWS" about it interrupted the programme I wanted to watch. Then I was ****ed. Him being alive or dead doesn't make a difference to me.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I was playing Goldeneye. It was not able to interrupt. Nothing can interrupt Goldeneye.

Posted by TheSorrow

i was thinking about something....could mass chaos break out across the world and if not the US? I know the UK doesnt really care but think about it....they could attack us and mass chaos could break out...its just an idea but it kind of freaks me out

... there are chances of violence within Iraq... but the large majority wanted him dead. So why would they attack the US because of this? wtf?

Posted by Linkman

I wonder if he's Satan's gay lover yet...

oh, and...yay for Iraq!?

Posted by Ant

It's what Iraq wanted. Good for them...yay.

Posted by Raptor

Lucky bastard.

Posted by Stalolin

This makes three rather famous people to die very close together; two terrible leaders and one ***father of Soul.

And besides that I suppose I'll just restate what everyone else has. Saddam's death meant nothing to me.

Posted by Raptor

**** it dude, let's go bowling.

Posted by specopssv44

g'nite mother****er, see you in hell .... and thats all i have to say about that.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Big Lebowski reference is the only think this thread has going for it.

Didnt even know that he had been killed until we took a break from wow last night for snacks and someone saw it online.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Also, video on internets. push tubes, receive hanging.

Posted by Ch

I heard he asked the US for some sort of pardon. Maybe he could have stabilized Iraq, but I doubt it.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: ... there are chances of violence within Iraq... but the large majority wanted him dead. So why would they attack the US because of this? wtf?

Majority isn't important over there. His Ba'athist supporters and the insurgents are going to be ****ed as Hell about this, and one would naturally expect violence to increase. And, when you think about it, all you need is one ****ed off person to drive a carbomb into a market square and detonate it to cause lots of death and destruction. The minority could really inflict a lot of harm to other Iraqis. There is already a lot of division between the Sunni and Shite Arabs, and Saddam's execution may cause more problems in respect to that.

Posted by WackoHater2

Good riddance.

Posted by Philsdad

He was a horrible guy, and definitely deserved to be executed, but I also have to wonder about the timing of this. It seems a little bit too convenient, especially considering Bush is to give a speech in the coming weeks as to the course of the Iraq war. With all the horrible sectarian violence plaguing that place, and a death toll for US Soliders that has surpassed 9/11 (scary isn't it), this kind of diverts attention from all that. I bet he's going to ramble on forever during his speech now about what great progress this will be for the Iraqi people.

But yeah, he definitely deserved this, I just think timing it for political reasons is pretty stupid.

Quoted post: And, when you think about it, all you need is one ****ed off person to drive a carbomb into a market square and detonate it to cause lots of death and destruction. The minority could really inflict a lot of harm to other Iraqis. There is already a lot of division between the Sunni and ****e Arabs, and Saddam's execution may cause more problems in respect to that.

... right. But that's in Iraq. His post was about the US and them starting a war with us over the hanging.

Posted by Iris

I tried finding a video, but the only one I could find was the non-graphic NBC one.

Hopefully most Iraqis will feel liberated after this.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Iris: I tried finding a video, but the only one I could find was the non-graphic NBC one.

Probably for the best, as the full version is rather... graphic.

:(

Apart from seeing the video, I generally have no interest in Saddam's welfare.

Posted by specopssv44

dude i wanna see the graphic one!

Posted by Shade

Somebody post a link!

Posted by G-Sides

UH OGRISH PEOPLE HELLO

edit: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=863ce7d4a3
yay
k: it's a video of a brown man who just happened to be named saddam hussein getting hanged if you're just some ****ing idiot who doesn't know what this thread is about up to this point

rip :cool:

Posted by specopssv44

yeah seen that one already, not really satisfied in terms of goryness

Posted by G-Sides

....well it's a fucking hanging, how much gore do you expect

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Arms: ....well it's a fucking hanging, how much gore do you expect

I expected his head to pop off and fountains of blood to splurt out of the hole in his neck as his brain oozes out of his eye sockets.

Posted by specopssv44

I just wanted to see him dangle a little bit... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!!!

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I think that the timing is more Iraq oriented than Bush oriented. Don't want him to go to trial over the Kurds, because EVERYBODY hates the Kurds over there.

Quoted post: Probably for the best, as the full version is rather... graphic.

lol graphic

Posted by KoH

I don't really know if the cameraman was multi-tasking or what, but how hard could it possibly be to hold a ****ing phone camera steady enough to watch the death of a world renown dictator? It's a once-in-a-lifetime oppurtunity and the only person supposedly smart enough to record it turns out that he lacks the motor skills to hold something steady long enough to actually tell what's going on. ****ing bastards.

He's arab. Dur.

Posted by Raacu

can it really be that saddam is executed?

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Sapphire Rose]I was playing Goldeneye. It was not able to interrupt. Nothing can interrupt Goldeneye.

I ♥ you..

Eh, Saddam wasn't even the real threat. His trial and execution were simply a scapegoat to cover up Bush's great lack of "positive" results in this war. Those videos are all highly debateable, but whatever.. Where was Khan in all of this, anyways.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Lobo_Rules/star-trek-2-dvd-image-10.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by mis0

Quoting KoH: I don't really know if the cameraman was multi-tasking or what, but how hard could it possibly be to hold a ****ing phone camera steady enough to watch the death of a world renown dictator? It's a once-in-a-lifetime oppurtunity and the only person supposedly smart enough to record it turns out that he lacks the motor skills to hold something steady long enough to actually tell what's going on. ****ing bastards.

He was using a camera phone, apparently, which wasn't allowed. I was upset too, until I realized he was probably trying to avoid detection. That video was never supposed to have existed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: lol graphic

That cellphone version was weak.

:(

Posted by KoH

Why didn't they ****ing document this properly? I know it's not saying much, but if I were a bastard dictator who was going to hang for my crimes against humanity I'd want it to be publicized. Go out with a *bang* if you will.

Quoted post: Those videos are all highly debateable, but whatever..

what's there to debate?

Quoted post: Why didn't they ****ing document this properly? I know it's not saying much, but if I were a bastard dictator who was going to hang for my crimes against humanity I'd want it to be publicized. Go out with a *bang* if you will.

They did. But it seems like they won't be releasing to the general public.

Posted by specopssv44

yeah from what I understand/have seen there is a higher quality video out there, and it was documented offically by a cameraman for the families of the victims, but they wont play the whole thing in America, which is bull****.... honestly all this censoring is bull****, I think every execution should be shown on TV. If some dude rapes and murders someone, they should fry his *** on public TV so everyone can see the price for **** like that

Posted by KoH

If there really is a better video out there it's just a matter of time before it's released on the net. Come on, it's pretty much a mathematical fact at this point. It's like vegas or the cops. It's inevitable.

Posted by specopssv44

I know its out there cause ive seen it all the way up to right before they dropped his ***, you can find it on youtube, but its only about 1:25 long

Posted by Tiptoegecko

they should of let his *** rot in jail. let him suffer for what he did. but we had to kill him in a humane way. sometimes this country is ****ing stupid

Posted by specopssv44

Quoting Tiptoegecko: they should of let his *** rot in jail. let him suffer for what he did. but we had to kill him in a humane way. sometimes this country is ****ing stupid

hello ***, we had nothing to do with it, he was tried in Iraq, by Iraqis, so if youre gonna blame anyone blame them..... and the whole "Its more punishment to sit in jain for life than die" is a bunch of bull****. Why give someone time to attone for their sins when we can just send them straight to hell and be done with it... plus it saves tax dollars.

Quoted post: If there really is a better video out there it's just a matter of time before it's released on the net. Come on, it's pretty much a mathematical fact at this point. It's like vegas or the cops. It's inevitable.

Not really. There's tons of videos that have never been released (Bernardo and his rapes/murders for example.)

Quoted post: but we had to kill him in a humane way.

Except it was degrading and humiliating to him. Humane, maybe, but he sure as hell didn't want to die that way. So it's all good.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I think having one's neck snapped and suffocating to death is a pretty crappy way to go

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Well, I guess Saddam wasn't going to be rehabilitated.

Although I do wonder about some stuff. The Iraqis that were interviewed by Fox News seemed terribly ecstatic about the death of Saddam. I was moved by the fervor with which they applauded America's military action that removed Saddam. And rightfully so. Saddam Hussein was a vile, heartless man. He killed anyone, even his own family, if he felt his rule was threatened. He was ruthless and unjust. He was stubborn. He murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent people, citizens of his own country. He threatened neighboring countries and was an all around bad guy.

But I'd bet that when he was in control of Iraq, there weren't bombs going off all over the place. I'll bet it was safe to walk around the streets of Baghdad, just as long as you weren't talking all anti-Saddam. Now the people are free to say what they will about Saddam. He's not there to stop them now. But he's also not there to stop thieves, murderers and other criminals.

I'm not too educated on the subject, but I think some groups of people need a strict figurehead to tell them how to live. I think that certain groups of people will abuse freedom if it is given to them. I think that the Iraqis may have needed a guy like Saddam to take their rights away because if they had freedom, they wouldn't use it to seek happiness and prosperity. They'd instead use it to carry out bizzare religious traditions that include violence and bloodshed.

But I do think it's awful that he killed as many innocent people as he did. I think it's awful that he robbed from his own citizens to build his ornate palaces and so forth. I think it's terrible that his songs, Uday and Qusay, were given liscenses to rape or kill anyone in Iraq, if they felt like it. I think it's awful he used chemical weapons on the Kurds, violating international law.

However, I think that the country as a whole was a more secure place when he was in power.

Posted by x.r0wney.x

I think that was the baddest idea to kill him. At least let him rot in prison. Yet Sadam did kill many Iraqis, he was the best dictator that they had. Now that he is dead Iraq is out of control. I believe that he ran it straight forward

Posted by KoH

[quote=x.r0wney.x]I think that was the baddest idea to kill him. At least let him rot in prison. Yet Sadam did kill many Iraqis, he was the best dictator that they had. Now that he is dead Iraq is out of control. I believe that he ran it straight forward
Coming from someone who apparently is unable to formulate a coherent sentence together I simply cannot take your post seriously. Get an education, you stupid ****.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: I believe that he ran it straight forward

I believe your a ****ing idiot. I assume your pretty young. And I'll bet my left nut you've never seen firsthand what life is like in a 3rd world nation. Its bad enough without a crackhead ****face dictator slaughtering random ethnic groups.

Things will get better in Iraq, it takes time to rebuild a nation from scratch.

Posted by x.r0wney.x

Quoting specopssv44: I believe your a ****ing idiot. I assume your pretty young. And I'll bet my left nut you've never seen firsthand what life is like in a 3rd world nation. Its bad enough without a crackhead ****face dictator slaughtering random ethnic groups.

Things will get better in Iraq, it takes time to rebuild a nation from scratch.

well s***head i believe that you have never seen a 3rd world country either. prolly only on those "save a child" commercials and guessing you might be american, i can say that sadam was right for the job cause now it is taken over by an american government, which is not the greatest either. instead of stopping terrorism lets go out and kill thousands of innocent people "cause we believe there are weapons of mass destruction" bulls***. i could prolly bet MY left nut that when this war is over there will be no evidence of mass weapons and no osama bin laden and america will walk out of there with a red a** of embarassment, shame, and guilt over what they have did. not to this country, but to many others. if america is trying to be the "global police of the world" they better get their heads out of there a**es and learn how to do it right. yes i agree that it takes time to rebuild a nation but when you are also paying attention to something else, like oil which equals money" its hard to rebuild a nation.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Mr. rowney, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may *** have mercy on your soul.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post:
Thanks for the slow pitch *******, time to hit it out of the park...

Quoted post: well s***head i believe that you have never seen a 3rd world country either. prolly only on those "save a child" commercials

Try The Republic of The Phillipines (Luz, Jolo, Mindinao, and Palwan Islands). With multiple relief and aid missions, two weeks spent as a supervisior with the Philipino Marine Corps. Peoples Republic of China, JahnJiang port. hong Kong, Shanghai. Indonesea, on a presidential Support Operation. 3 months in Okinawa Japan. And two months inside the Belly of the USS Juneau off the coast of N.Korea to make a point, when the President of The United States talks, sometimes other countries listen. When The President of The United States talks, and a Special Operations Capable Marine Expiditionary Unit comprised of 5,000 Marines, a battalion of Marines with more combat experience than any other unit in our military, enough strike aircraft to wipe texas off the face of the earth, enough supplies to support those Marines for up to 30 days of continous assult without any outside logistical support, and the ability to land them anywhere in your country in less than 6 hours- EVERYBODY ****ING LISTENS... So you tell me, *****. Do I sound like a person who sits at home and watches the world through a TV? Come to think of it I havent watched a TV in six months, because Ive BEEN ****ING DEPLOYED!

Quoted post: guessing you might be american, i can say that sadam was right for the job cause now it is taken over by an american government, which is not the greatest either

Im guessing your just jealous. My country Kicks ***....AMERICA **** YEAH!!!

Quoted post: instead of stopping terrorism lets go out and kill thousands of innocent people "cause we believe there are weapons of mass destruction" bulls***.

son, if thats what we intended to do, this whole thing would have been over in about two weeks. We can make ammo faster than they can make babies *******, dont you think if we really wanted to wipe the arabs off the face of the middle east we would have done it by now?

Quoted post: could prolly bet MY left nut that when this war is over there will be no evidence of mass weapons and no osama bin laden and america will walk out of there with a red a** of embarassment, shame, and guilt over what they have did

Sorry kid, you wont find too many Americans that feel guilty about ending a criminal regime, bringing a murderous dictator to justice, and giving freedom to people that never had it before. Im not sure how your country works, but in America, when somone decides to **** with us, we **** right back. Its called having balls and standing up for yourself. Maybe once you hit puberty youll understand.

Quoted post: if america is trying to be the "global police of the world" they better get their heads out of there a**es and learn how to do it right. yes i agree that it takes time to rebuild a nation but when you are also paying attention to something else, like oil which equals money" its hard to rebuild a nation.

"learn how to do it right" huh? Ok bud, heres my deal, when the UN un****s itself, and grows a set of balls, and starts doing what its supposed to do, instead of sitting around and arguing about it all the ******* time, then us Americans will let some of the other countries have a chance.... you know what, it might actually be nice if someone other than the US and a few of its allies started pulling their ****ing weight in the world.... Then again there will always be the kind of people that need to be protected, because theyre to weak or afraid to do it for themselves, Im guessing your probably familiar with the type, being one and all.

Hey kid, maybe you should do some research or at least get our of your room and take a look at the ****ing world before you open your retarded ignorant mouth....mother ****er.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=x.r0wney.x]I think that was the baddest idea to kill him. At least let him rot in prison. Yet Sadam did kill many Iraqis, he was the best dictator that they had. Now that he is dead Iraq is out of control. I believe that he ran it straight forward

Yeah, he did seem to run Iraq with an iron cock-hold. But, as the self appointed global police, so we had to bring him in and try for his execution. It was only the "right" thing to do.

Posted by mis0

For those of you ignorant enough to assume Arabs/Iraqis specifically are happy with the execution of Saddam, here:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c3f28b07a2

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8961489e68

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I didn't like what he did, but the death penalty is somewhat of the easy way out. Why not subject him to the same thing he to do the people the tortured (allegedly) for so long?

Posted by KoH

You mean death...?

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: the people the tortured (allegedly

You mean the people he was CONVICTED of torturing?

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: Hyper agrees: china and japan aren't 3rd world.

If you could only see first-hand how most of the people live in those countries... In mainland Japan, its not so bad, but Oki is all ****ed up.... And as for china man, theres a small group of people who enjoy a fairly high quality of life, and a ****-ton of people still ****ting in a pot in the corner of the room, selling whatever they can on the side of the road to get by, prostitutes, theives, all kinds of crazy **** man. Alot of the parts in town I saw make Compton and the watts look like lifestyle of the rich and famous.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting specopssv44: You mean the people he was CONVICTED of torturing?

'Convicted' doesn't mean anything here, because international (and non-international) legal experts all agree that that court did not even come close to reaching the bare minimum of 'fair'. For example, If I made up my own 'court', and appointed my friends, and paid them to all testify/decide/rule that you were guilty of being female, and you were thusly convicted of being female, the 'conviction' is obviously false, because there is no doubt that you are male. Although this is an extreme example.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoting higbvuyb: 'Convicted' doesn't mean anything here, because international (and non-international) legal experts all agree that that court did not even come close to reaching the bare minimum of 'fair'. For example, If I made up my own 'court', and appointed my friends, and paid them to all testify/decide/rule that you were guilty of being female, and you were thusly convicted of being female, the 'conviction' is obviously false, because there is no doubt that you are male. Although this is an extreme example.

Thats a bit of a stretch there cowboy. c'mon now, you cant tell me he didnt have it coming.

Posted by Tyler Durden

He had it coming, all great leaders have an end to meet. Beit brutal or with praise. But, we were in the wrong to get involved with any of this mess.
I only stress great in the respect that there are no 'bad' leaders, only misled followers.

Posted by specopssv44

I find your Idea of "great leadership" to be seriously skewed. Anyone who thinks that man was a great leader is borderline retarded. Look at what he did to his people. Look at how they were living. Despite what the media is portraying, their quality of life has gone up seince he was taken off the throne. Places have running water and power that never had it before. People have the right to vote that never had it before. And schools are being built and used to educate Iraqi children....All of this was made possible because we "got involved in this mess"

Quoted post: I only stress great in the respect that there are no 'bad' leaders, only misled followers.

This statement couldnt be more wrong. Leadership is a fundamental part of my job. I am expected to lead my team, and hopefully my squad on our next deployment. They have no choice to follow me or not. Its my responsibility to do whats right. Its my responsibility to take care of them and make sure they can take care of themselves. Just like my squad or section leader is responsible for me. Leadership is a priviledge, but even more than that its a responsibility. Saddam was not a responsible leader, he was careless, cruel, and stupid. It shows and it reflected in his demise. I am amazed that you actually believe there are no "bad" leaders, you are the only one who has been misled here.

Posted by Tyler Durden

EDIT: Democracy in Iraq = Big ****ing joke.

When do Saddam's Co-defendants get to hang in the gallows, anyways?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

this is hilarious. Hig and Sadistic Grin are acting so idiotic for argument's sake, that I can't even try to take anything that they're saying seriously.
SADDAM HUSSEIN WAS A BAD MAN. HE GOT WHAT WAS COMING TO HIM. THE DEATH PENALTY IS NOT PRETTY, BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE HIM A GOOD MAN. IF YOU WANT TO MARTYR SOMEONE, CHOOSE SOMEONE WITH A LITTLE BETTER RECORD/MORALS. YOU FAIL AT BEING A HIPPIE. Christ. No bad leaders? Orly? (insert Hitler reference). And Hig, I can turn your stupid argument around on you and say "I appoint my friends to decide whether or not you love the cock. We all decide that you do not love the cock, but based on your wording, I would reply "Hig... ALLEGEDLY doesn't love the cock, but we all know what we conducted wasn't a trial, so it's most likely that he loves the cock. Y'know." Just because the trial wasn't entirely proper (oh yeah, it's probably hard to have a fair trial when the prosecutors keep getting killed too), doesn't mean that he was any less a bad man. Pick another champion, retards. Saddam's dead and I'm tapdancin about it. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070108/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq (in other news, I told you they wouldn't acknowledge the Kurds)

Posted by Tyler Durden

Another trial after the fact of an execution? This whole event has become a circus act.

EDIT: For the record, I am not a hippie, I believe in the matter that there cannot exist a peace without the element of war.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

. . . yeah another trial after the execution. Nuremburg happened after Hitler died, because he had generals. What, you think Saddam did all that lootin' and pillagin' by himself?

Posted by Tyler Durden

No BJ, it takes more than just one person to make a mess like that. And as Specs pointed out, I'm retarded, but I am not THAT stupid.. :cool:

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: this is hilarious. Hig and Sadistic Grin are acting so idiotic for argument's sake, that I can't even try to take anything that they're saying seriously.
SADDAM HUSSEIN WAS A BAD MAN. HE GOT WHAT WAS COMING TO HIM. THE DEATH PENALTY IS NOT PRETTY, BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE HIM A GOOD MAN. IF YOU WANT TO MARTYR SOMEONE, CHOOSE SOMEONE WITH A LITTLE BETTER RECORD/MORALS. YOU FAIL AT BEING A HIPPIE. Christ. No bad leaders? Orly? (insert Hitler reference). And Hig, I can turn your stupid argument around on you and say "I appoint my friends to decide whether or not you love the cock. We all decide that you do not love the cock, but based on your wording, I would reply "Hig... ALLEGEDLY doesn't love the cock, but we all know what we conducted wasn't a trial, so it's most likely that he loves the cock. Y'know." Just because the trial wasn't entirely proper (oh yeah, it's probably hard to have a fair trial when the prosecutors keep getting killed too), doesn't mean that he was any less a bad man. Pick another champion, retards. Saddam's dead and I'm tapdancin about it. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070108/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq (in other news, I told you they wouldn't acknowledge the Kurds)

LOGIC FAILURE

[quote=higbvuyb] doesn't mean anything here
"Doesn't means anything" != "means exactly the opposite"

As in: I never said Saddam wasn't a bad person. That (that = two things: What I meant, and the fact that Saddam was a bad person) is plainly obvious.

You love the cock.

Posted by Auto Rock

Are we allowed to link to ebaums world because they have a video on there of Saddam after his death. He is laying in a casket and you can see where the rope cut into his neck. Pretty gross but probably not enough for the people looking for tons of gore.

Posted by Fate

[url=http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2007/01/saddam-after-hanging.html]Careful, guys.[/url]

Posted by Auto Rock

Thank you :) It wouldn't allow me to post the link.

Thats a purtty neck.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

His neck is pretty messed up. Though I expected more gouged eyes.

[IMG]http://www.drewblood.com/fark/images/saddamowned.jpg[/IMG]

... Anyway, I just have to ask, where was the hanging done? At the Iraqi Military HQ, or somewhere else? The crowd in attendance didn't appear to show the usual conduct of these sort of executions.