NES High Score Contest

Posted by coolness432

Hi everyone, I thought it would be fun to have a high score contest with all of the other nes gamers out there
Rules
1)No cheating such as the Contra Code.
2) no continueing and noob can get 1000000 points on the last level using continues.
And thats it top 3 scores will get a point I will add 2 games every 4 days.
Ninja Gaiden
Super C

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting coolness432: Hi everyone, I thought it would be fun to have a high score contest with all of the other nes gamers out there
Rules
1)No cheating such as the Contra Code.
2) no continueing and noob can get 1000000 points on the last level using continues.
And thats it top 3 scores will get a point I will add 2 games every 4 days.
Ninja Gaiden
Super C

It's a good idea, but #2 makes no sense. Why no continuing? If you have a continue, why not use it? Also, what do you mean "noob can get 1000000 points on the last level using continues."

I think your idea needs more structure.

Posted by NES Queen

I agree with Proto. Great idea, but needs a little fine tuning.

Rule #1: Need to add "Use of Game Genie codes are not permitted". It's been a while since I played Super C, but isnt the contra code only good for regular Contra?

Rule #2: I don't understand the second half about the noob and 1 million points. And even if you use continues, your score resets itself. So it really doesn't matter if people wanted to use them or not. The only good thing about continues is if you were trying to finish the game, it saves your level, not your point total.

Rule #3: Proof. We need proof of your high score. If playing with a conventional NES you need to take a picture of your tv screen with the score. Or if using emulators capture a screen shot.

Rule #4: Are emulators even allowed? If so, you need to make sure people again arn't cheating and using save states to get the score they're reporting.

I'm sure there will be others to add/revise as we work out the kinks. Now I just have to find those 2 carts.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting NES Queen: Rule #1: Need to add "Use of Game Genie codes are not permitted". It's been a while since I played Super C, but isnt the contra code only good for regular Contra?

Wait, you mean the Konami Code? I believe that is good for most Konami games including Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Posted by coolness432

Ya I was thinking of the Emulators when I made it but forgot. Anyway no emulators
I was also thinking of the proof except....I don't have a digital Camera and no money. :(
anyway
Ninja Gaiden 126,700 Area 4-3
Super C 90,210 area 4
I messed up real bad in Super C anyone submit your scores

Posted by Proto Man

Well... I would agree to no emu's, but then again emu's allow me to compete in games I don't have... oh well.

Posted by Dexter

It's too difficult to prove things with emulators, so let's skip that.

kk, I'll go try out Super C and see how good of a score I can get!

Posted by Dexter

Done with Super C. I beat your score easily. I didn't bother taking a picture or even checking to see how much I beat it by, but I did. Score is pretty lame in this game though because I found a few places where you could simply just look forward and keep the rapid fire button pushed and guys/score will just keep coming toward you. So really, the longer you keep it going, the more score you'll get, so the game's flawed in that regard.

However, I beat the entire game without dying once. It's been so long since I beat the game, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it again without losing a life. It was fairly easy, actually, thanks to the S-Gun. I think a challenge I might undergo would be defeating the entire game without dying once using the regular, start-up gun. That might prove to be difficult, in both Contra and Super C.

Posted by Proto Man

We should do this with better games then. Duck Hunt and Donkey Kong come to mind.

Posted by coolness432

^^^^^
ok I'll add a few more games so those with less games can play
Duck Hunt
Galaga
Kirby's Adventure

Posted by coolness432

Crap sorry for the double post but i need to add another rule
Light Gun Games must be played cord length away from the T.V

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting coolness432: Crap sorry for the double post but i need to add another rule
Light Gun Games must be played cord length away from the T.V

haha, guess that means i'm not taking the high score honors for those games.

*oh, and if you need to make changes to your post there's a little button on the bottom that says edit. that way you can avoid double posting*

Posted by Tyler Durden

I opt that Wall Street Kid be added to the list, just for amusement purposes.. [my amusement]. :cool:

Posted by bazariah

im totally up for this :D

i mean super c is not entirely impossible to get agood score at

same goes for ninja gaiden

i once achieved the perfect score on contra :D the thread should still be [URL="http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=4785"]here[/URL]

ooh may i also add a rule?

it's the no leeching rule... no sitting in one place waiting for re-spawn enemies, basically it should be run/kill/run/kill/jump/run/kill/.... or whatever

Posted by coolness432

Ok that is a decent rule I was think of that also (The Mario Turtle thing to be more precise) anyway ill Put leaders up so far
Ninja Gaiden; 1st.me 126,700
Super Contra; 1st.Dexter (please give me a number so I can put you in first), 2nd.me 90,210
Galaga; 1st.me98,700
DuckHunt; No Contestants yet
Kirby's adventure; No contestants yet
Guys please submit scores. Umm ya...I will add another game tommorrow
well it is tommorrow....and I guess I'll add Bubble Bobble to the list, enjoy

Posted by NES Queen

Im quite rusty in Super C, only managed a 75,000 on my first few attempts. Can't seem to locate my copy of Ninja Gaiden, but my beloved Dr. Mario was sitting there begging to be played.

So running on low speed, I managed to get from level 1 up to level 24 (the max) on my first life in under 2hrs. I'll see how much faster I can do it on medium and high speed tomorrow.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecoli742/drmario1.jpg[/IMG]