Open challenge, anyone welcome.

Posted by Crono

Yeah, simple enough. The only restriction is that you have to know the basic rules and if you're new, there's another rule--don't mind my constant attempts to help out...

Posted by Pat_O

I'd love to take you on, but my Profile isn't done yet... Gah! what happened to my other Profiles that used to be on here!?

Posted by Crono

Pat, I'll take you once you give me the signal. You can take the arena for this bout.

Posted by Pat_O

Sure, okay, I'd like to have a bout at the grand canyon. I'll use my new Maverick character. I just posted him in the fighter profiles.

Posted by Crono

All righty. Well, go ahead and make the entrance and arena and such, and then I'll go from there.

Posted by Pat_O

The endless expanse of desert was all that could be seen. Maverick stumbled across the barren wasteland feeling the heat stroke set in. He cursed himself for being such an incredible idiot for wearing such heavy clothes that held heat so well. His throat was annoying the heck out of him from being so dry. Every fiber of his being yearned for the smallest glass of water. His seemingly endless stumbling had him eventually come to the edge of a steep cliff. Mike lifted his head up to see an enormous gorge. He wanted to yell in frustration, but realized it would be a waste of energy. He fell to his back feeling like he just wanted to die when he heard the faintest sound of running water. He sat up and looked down the gigantic canyon to see river flowing in its depths. At this point he could care less if it was a mirage or not, so in excitement, he leapt off the canyon cliff. As the canyon floor steadily approached, he rammed his fist into the stone wall to slow his fall. When the speed slowed down enough, he pushed off the wall, and went into a dive position. His body splashed into the cool water. He drank as much as he could, maybe even a little bit more than he should. When he rose from the water he saw a figure standing in the shadows. Without hesitation, Mike loaded a clip into his gauntlets, ready for a fight.

Posted by Crono

Now the fun begins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crono observed quietly as a man leaped off the top of the canyon wall, descending at an utterly ridiculous speed. He tossed the idea of saving the poor fool with a spell or two around for a bit, but the man threw his fist through solid rock to slow his descent, and eventually pushed off into the river, gulping down water with a thirst Crono could not understand. The man pulled himself out of the small river effortlessly, dripping from head to toe, and loaded a clip into his gauntlets with a practiced ease that only experience could teach.

Unfortunately for him, he was soaking wet, fighting a mage who specialized in lightning spells.

Well, this should be interesting...Crono mumbled, grinning. He recognized the man now, as one he had heard of called "Maverick". It was an interesting name, being a warrior of chaos himself, but he supressed his useless thoughts and focused on what was ahead of him. His lunch had gotten wet, he had another warrior in front of him, and his trio of swords. Not a good combination for this Maverick fellow in front of him. He stood up, and dusted himself off quickly, brushing away crumbs and sand alike from his blank tank top with his gloved hands. He had left his jacket behind, knowing better than to bring it out in this weather, and his urban digital camoflauge had almost no purpose out in nature. He stood out like a sore thumb, but then again, so did Maverick. Fair enough, he thought, and then mapped out his route of attack in his mind. A quick thought occurred to him, and his grin shone brilliantly in the bright sunlight, matching his eyes in brightness for just a moment before it vanished as he closed his eyes in focus. His hearing told him that Maverick was simply holding his ground, unsure of what to do at the moment, and he took advantage of the show of inexperience.

This Maverick character has been in many fights before, judging by his movements and reactions, but is probably still feeling the effects of past battles. What a shame I have to add to that...Crono thinks to himself, and shrugs mentally, before refocusing on the spell at hand. It would incorporate two of his three favorite elements: lightning and duplication. His eyes flashed open, and Crono pulled a small item out of his pocket, almost a joke to Maverick. It was a hollow, clear glass marble. Not exactly a death weapon. It lit up brightly, however, shining too brightly for Maverick to look at it any longer, and Crono tossed it from one hand to the other, only to have two of them when they reached his left hand. They both went up again, and came down as three, which Crono juggled for a moment, before stopping with four. They were slightly larger than they were before, as well, and growing larger by the second, before stopping at about the size of a softball. With the four spheres glowing brightly, Crono holds two in his left hand, one in the crook of his left elbow, and proceeds to throw one straight up into the air at a very slight angle. The next comes from his elbow to his right hand in an instant, headed straight for Maverick as his arm throws a bullet straight towards Maverick's chest, which impacts Maverick with a strangely powerful blow, shattering on impact. The glass shards that shredded his skin as they where launched in all directions were the least of his problems; the electrical surge that ran through his soaking wet body was more important. The pain was quick and gone almost instantly, and Maverick wondered for a brief moment if it had happen at all, before his blurred vision returned to normal just long enough for him to see the next sphere soaring towards him, and the third inches behind it in a wicked arc. Maverick ducks the first one with a superhuman speed, and laughs as he watches it pass overhead, only to witness the second one come down into his chest, smashing him into the earth with all the force Crono can muster put into it. The glass tears through his shirt effortlessly, shredding cloth, skin, and muscle without an instant of mercy, and the electricity that follows sends another surge of pain through his body. He rises to his feet stubbornly, just in time to see the fourth and final globe drop back into Crono's right hand, and he notes the small black crater in the cliff wall behind him. These globes packed a punch like none Maverick had seen before, and Crono ran towards him quickly, with a fake throw incorporated into the run. Maverick flinches slightly, bracing for impact, but the globe never leaves Crono's hand, and Crono's grip on it never falters as he rams it straight into Maverick's face, shattering it instantly on impact. The glass shards tear through Maverick's face and eyes with severe malice, if such a thing were possible, and Crono's hand is also shredded by the glass. The forthcoming electrical surge shoots straight to Maverick's spine, sending every nerve in his body reeling with pain, while the power seeps back into Crono's body, instantly sealing and then healing the cuts on his hand and face from the shards of glass as he retracts his right hand and settles into a defensive stance with his Dark Saber and Blood Blade at the ready.

Posted by Pat_O

OOC: nice moves.

IC: [COLOR=YellowGreen]With much effort, Mike stood himself up. blood flowed all over his body, making his entire body the bold scarlet color. Surprisingly, he smiled, showing his teeth, also covered in blood.

[COLOR=Lime]"not much for talkinig are you?"[/COLOR]

Mike said as he ripped his coat off, revealing hideous scars that ran up his arms. He pulled out a glass shard in his chest.

[COLOR=Lime]"Clever magic"[/COLOR] He said examining the piece of glass. [COLOR=Lime]"But it will take much more to defeat me!"[/COLOR]

Mike slammed his fists together, making a few sparks fly and charged Crono at a blinding speed. Crono smirked as he prepared to slash Mike's fist out of the way to avoid the punch. But as he came within striking distance, He shifted his body to the left, and drove his right knee into the gut of the surprised warrior.
Crono's eyes opened wide along with his mouth as he began to fall to his knees. He began to drop to his swords as Mike appeared in front of him. He sommersault kicked the man into the air with such force that he flew up ten feet into the air. Mike lept up to meet the flying body. He cocked both arms back and drove both fists into Crono's chest. The four .45 cal bullets impaled his body as he fell back to the canyon floor where yet again, Mike was waiting for him. Mike delivered a powerful round house kick that sent Crono careening into the canyon wall, after which, he fell to his back on the ground, where a small dsutcloud covered his body.[/COLOR]

Posted by Crono

Interesting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crono groaned in obvious pain, and pushed himself back to his feet. With four entrance wounds and three exit wounds, there was still one bullet lodged inside him somewhere. Not that it mattered to him. It simply drew his power out into itself, which in turn began to very slowly heal his wounds. This probably wouldn't last long, but he hoped that there had been no serious harm done to his organs or anything of that nature. For now, he would have to deal with the pain and hope that the last bullet remained in its strangely advantageous position. There was a rather large cloud of dust, and his tank top was now soaked with blood, not to mention the holes in it. His camoflauge trousers, which were usually gray, black, and white, were now tinged with a bright shade of crimson in many places. He was slightly angered by this, but he shrugged off the anger. No need to lose his temper yet. He had a plan in store for those gauntlets that Maverick wore, and he didn't think that his fair opponent would enjoy his plans. Those clips would be his undoing, and he planned on using it to his advantage now. The dust cloud parted suddenly with a gust of controlled wind, an amateur spell that Crono used instinctively, not even aware of its usage any longer. He could see Maverick clearly now, and knew exatly where he was and what he needed to do. He sheathed his swords, albeit painfully, and ran forward at breakneck speed, blazing across the canyon floor without a single thought about his own body or health.

Now we can have some fun...I hope you're prepared to be your own downfall! Crono yells, and begins a brutal physical assault on Maverick, pounding and kicking until Maverick is up against the canyon wall.

I don't talk much? It's time to burn for that one, little boy! Crono says, his grin returning as he grabs hold of Maverick's hands in a sort of mercy contest and a test of strength. They were evenly matched, and Crono pulled the next trick out of his sleeve as he noted this. He sent a massive electrical surge through his own body, at it blazed through him, traveling down his arms to meet with Maverick's in a painful burst of metal and fire as the remaining rounds in the chambers and clips of his gauntlets exploded from the direct blast of heat and pressure applied to the gun powder mixture inside each round. They exploded from the inside outwards, tearing through gauntlet and skin alike, and Crono shoved off of Maverick quickly, letting the electrical charge do its work. The gauntlets were still more or less intact, except for the internal mechanisms, which were all destroyed in the series of explosions from inside itself. Maverick's hands were wraught full of lead, holes, and small burns, pulvering them completely and making them more or less useless for gripping anything with any real power. Maverick clenched his hand a few times, and blood rushed out from the holes and edges of the gauntlets, but he was still able to make a fist. He wouldn't be firing any rounds from them anytime soon, however, and his one major advantage had been stolen from him in this battle, along with his senses, which were still reeling from the newest electrical charge to run through his metal enhanced body, frying and destroying even more nerve and brain cells, as his titanium alloy enhancements provide the path the electricity needs, slowing his body and thought process down even further than it had already been. He was a bit shaky as he fell to his knees, unable to stand due to the temporary numbness in his leg muscles, and Crono just grinned again as the hole of the round that had never exited his body finished closing itself. He was bleeding from six wounds, three on his chest and three on his back, and he had a busted lip, but he wasn't in as bad of a condition as Maverick, now placed in front of him.

You probably shouldn't talk about those you don't know, fool, Crono remarks, and skips forward a bit, throwing his right foot into Maverick's already shredded face, proceeding to crush the broken glass shards that hadn't been pulled out further into the skin and bone, laughing as Maverick's left eye is cut severely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Game on, my friend.

Posted by Pat_O

[COLOR=YellowGreen]For a while, Mike held his face. The severe sting of his face was nearly too much to bear. He yelled in pain. Crono stared at Mike, seeming to be enjoying the pain and agony Mike was going through. But something unexpected happened then. Mike laughed. He raised his face, revealing the flowing blood.

[COLOR=Lime]"You assume too much."[/COLOR] He said as he took a deep breath.

[COLOR=Lime]"How do you think I got these scars on my arm?" [/COLOR] Mike turned his arm to show the long scars that ran up his arms [COLOR=Lime]"They were a result of the experiment done to me. I was awake and without any pain killer when they cut me open. As a result, I have a high tolerance for pain."[/COLOR]

Mike let his breath out and his wounds began to glow and heal partially. It may have just patched up the wound, but Mike felt like a new man. He lept to his feet. he stared at his gauntlets, imagining the ammount of time and work it would take to repair the firing chamber. His blood began to boil in fury. Luckily, the compartments on the tops of the gauntlets were still in tact.

A sadistic grin formed on Mike's face as his mangled gauntlets began to glow. Tiny spherical balls of energy seemed to appear out of nowhere, they began to concentrate towards the compartments on his gauntlets, which had opened. Mike held his index finger up with a Barely noticible light on the tip of it.

[COLOR=Lime]"Do you know what this is?"[/COLOR] Mike said as he waved the light around with his finger. [COLOR=Lime]"Well it's time for a science lesson then. These are called neutrinos. they're so small that they can pass through atoms. Right now you're seeing well over a trillion neutrinos."[/COLOR] Mike said pointing at the small light [COLOR=Lime]"Normally they're harmless."[/COLOR] he said as he pointed his finger at crono, launching the light at him that almost instantly tore through his right shoulder. [COLOR=Lime]"but as you can see, in a concentrated form they can do quite a bit of damage"[/COLOR] Mike smirked watching Crono cradle his mangled shoulder, then switching to a dead serious look, his muscles flexed, as even more of the neutrinos converged into his gauntlets until his fists glowed white.

[COLOR=Lime]"Now, Die!"[/COLOR] Maverick yelled at the top of his lungs as Crono shot his head up to see a sphere of Neutrinos the larger than his body being launched at him.[/COLOR]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: Evasion time! show me your moves!

Posted by Crono

Very well then.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crono's shoulder burned in agony at the searing wound it had just received, and he would soon receive another if he didn't move quickly. Looking at his present situation, there wasn't really much he could do. The sphere of energy headed for him was taller and wider than himself, and he didn't have a very advantageous position, as well as nowhere left to dodge or dive. Therefore, he did the only thing he could think of at the time: dropped down to one knee and lowered his head. The ball of light forced its way to his position, growing in energy as it traveled, and seemingly enveloped the spellsword.

That was easier than I thought... Maverick mumbled, not expecting the easy victory over one with such a reputation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crono watched the ball of death move in slow motion, and walked calmly around his imminent death, grinning at the stunned look that was incredibly slowly drawing its way across Maverick's face. Crono had used one of his favorite spells, and now it was time to put it to good use.He saw time as it was and as he wanted it to be, through his mysterious green eyes, and Maverick was searching frantically in real time trying to find any remnant of Crono, such as a body or shred of clothing. Crono blinked, viewing his own timeline instead of the true timeline, and glanced back in his mind to the split in time so he could properly merge the two timelines. With that thought process completed, it was time to get to work. In his current time, everything was moving incredibly slow to him; he was moving thousands of times faster than normal, with nothing in his way. He grinned his infamous grin before drawing his Dark Saber and Blood Blade from their repsective sheaths. Moving forward at a dash even though Maverick was helpless in this timeline, he began his swordplay quickly, throwing his katanas about in a frenzy to tear away at Maverick as long as he could hold his spell in check. The spell was almost finished up, and he sheathed both weapons before moving to a position behind Maverick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maverick glanced about in an attempt to find a small remnant of Crono to ensure he had a clean kill, and stopped to survey the area quickly. He screamed in sudden and impossibly sharp pain as an electrified blow ripped through his right leg, severring the Achilles' tendon in the leg. He dropped to one knee with a rather large amount of pain compared to what he was used to feeling, only to scream again and cover his face with his hands, blood making its way through them easily. An electrified sword had made its way into his eye, gouging it out without mercy, and sending an electrical shock through the sensitive nerves into his brain, once again proving the might of its awesome power. A few more cuts and slashs appeared across his body in random places, though none so serious that they would need his immediate protection.Maverick heard footsteps behind him and turned as best he could to look at the spellsword behind him.

How...could you...have... Maverick says, grimacing through the pain of his lost eye and useless leg.

A simple bend in the fabric of time itself is all it takes. Nothing fancy, although supposedly impossible in the theories of modern science. Shows what they know, eh? Crono says, still wincing sligtly at the pain in his shoulder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, the fun part. With only one eye, your character's depth perception is more or less non-existent. Let's see you use a ranged weapon without the main ability for distance and angle judgement.

Posted by Pat_O

Sorry, Crono. The reason I haven't posted sooner and why I may not be able to post for a while, is that I'm taking the WASL (Washington Assesment of Student Learning) for about two weeks. It's this huge test that gets put into my transcript, so I need to study up for it to get a good grade.

Posted by Crono

No problem, take your time. I can wait. After all, I have Echo to deal with now, too. Time to show the newbies how it's done, or at least how it was done, back in the Golden Age as we call it...

Posted by Pat_O

OOC: okay, Finally fished that stupid test!... Wow, Crono, I tip my hat to you. You've got some pretty sweet moves. BTW, you never specified which eye you gouged, so I'll just say it was my character's left one.

IC: [COLOR=YellowGreen]Mike cradled his eye in his left hand. Blood oozed it's way through the spaces in his hands. So many injuries, and yet not enough hands to even attempt to comfort them. His right calf muscle bulged at the top of his lower leg, making it useless to try and move his foot. The cuts that ran up and down his body did give some pain, but for the most part, had been blocked by the tightly woven fibres of his clothing.

Mike reached into a pocket, only to pull out an old ragged handkercheif. He rolled it up with much effort in his right hand. Delicately he placed the cloth onto the tender wound and wrapped the make-shift bandage around his head, only to tie it off at a knot at the back of his head.

Pushing off with his hands, Mike balanced himself upright, standing on his left leg, while his right dangled lifelessly.

[COLOR=Lime]"you know, if we keep doing this, one of us might actually die"[/COLOR] Mike said with a sarcastic tone. Crono gave a slight smirk in reply as he held his shoulder with one hand. [COLOR=Lime]"But, I cannot die now", [/COLOR] Mike continued as he lowered his voice [COLOR=Lime]"I made a promise to her"[/COLOR]

A sudden drift of wind blew through the crevice.

[COLOR=Lime]"So, you like magic?"[/COLOR] Mike said as the wind steadily increased.

[COLOR=Lime]"Then you'll love this."[/COLOR]

The wind was now reaching speeds of 50 miles per hour. grains of sand flew like razors through the air. Crono covered his face as Mike stood in the same place, seeming unaffected by the powerful wind and sand. Crono tried with all his might to peirce the immense cloud of sand, but to no avail. A rustling sound came from behind him. Crono reached for his sword, only to slash into the air. His senses flared at the slightest sound that might have clued him in on Mikes whereabouts. His head jerked every direction that he heard a rolled rock or splashing water. The wind then began to converge on into one area. Brandishing his blade, Crono prepared to slash. Before the blade was even swung. the wind released, with the power of a tornado. Crono was slammed against the stone wall, the wind was knocked out of him. As he tried to regain his breath, two lights escaped the cover of the sand. Crono let out an agonizing scream as the lights pierced his wrists, holding him up on the wall. Yet another two lights came, but this time they lodged themselves into his ankles. Mike bursted through the cloud of sand, trying with all his might to fight. For the pain he was enduring was exceedingly great. Mike landed in right in front of Crono, and the punishment began. Mikes fists flew. No longer did he care of the pain, or where the fists went for that matter, as long as they came in contact with Crono's body. It was as if he were possesed by someone or something. As the the punching continued, Mike began to yell louder and louder. Cronos body had begun to encrest itself into the stone from the shear power of the blows. Blood flowed out of his mouth and nose. Bruises covered his body, as well as a good number of broken ribs. With one last resounding yell, Mike poured his entire being into one punch that made contact with Crono's jaw. The lights that had held Crono in his place, gave way to the magnitude of the punch. Crono flew through the air over Mike and landed behind him. Mike then just stood watching. Breathing heavily, with his fists still clenched, the blood-stained knuckles still sore from the severe beating.[/COLOR]

Posted by Crono

That was....different....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So... Crono mumbled from his place in the dust and dirt ...we want to play with magic, do we? You've only seen some of my minor spells. Time control is nothing...lightning I've been able to control since I was an infant. Time to show you what real power is, fool...

Crono pushes off the ground very slowly, his wrists nearly useless, as well as his ankles. The ankles were less of a problem, with there being two bone in each leg. The smaller bones had been incinerated, but the larger, weight bearing bones were still intact. The light beams had seared the wounds shut though, so the blood loss was minimal as Crono rose with a bit of sand in his right hand. Shards of rock fell from open wounds in his body, and he yanked a rather jagged one out of its puncture wound, before settling his mind into attack mode. He held forth his hand, and let some of the earth slip through his fingers, as though measuring it out. His left hand shot forward, and flames erupted from his palm, colliding with the sand in his right hand as he clapped them together. He pulled his hands apart to reveal a swirling mass of sand and flame, neither affecting the other at all, not even seeming to touch. Crono closes his eyes, and opens them again suddenly, and Maverick notes that they have changed from a bright green to a sudden and unexpected shade of orange. He also notes a bit of water floating towards Crono's hands, and it jets into the magical mixture, combining itself in the mass as well. Crono holds the ball in his left hand, watching it hover about three inches above his palm, and raises his right hand to the sky, before closing his eyes again.

Might wanna shut those eyes...Crono says, and a flash of black lightning erupts right before him, blinding Maverick as it hits the swirling energy in a flash of light. The small sphere, for that was now the shape of the beast, was about the size of a softball, jet black, with blue and purple lightning and fire dancing across its surface skittishly, as though not wanting to stop and be enveloped by the sheer energy's pull. Crono reared his arm back pitcher style to throw his Manaball attack, and his hand slings the ball straight up into the air. Not wanting to fall for the same trick twice, Maverick watched both Crono and the ball, and readied himself as Crono held forth his Dark Saber once more. Unexpectedly, however, Crono did not run forward, or even walk towards Maverick in the slightest, instead grasping his weapon with both hands in preparation for a powerful sideways slash.

Or so Maverick believed.

Crono's katana came forward with a speed to rival his fastest attacks at a strange angle, and sideways. Maverick had no idea what was happening when his senses began reeling again, and he felt an impact like none he had ever felt before collide with his midsection in a sudden rush of pain that he could not ignore, even in his current state. He collapsed to the ground, and as he did so, even as the blood ran down his face, he noted Crono's batting stance. Crono hadn't been attacking with the Dark Saber directly -- he had been using it as a baseball bat of sorts. The power of the earth, and all of its fault lines and earthquakes, was unleashed the instant it touched Maverick, the sphere vanishing into his body, and bones broke and shattered instantaneously, pulvering his body further. The flames began to rip forth from the spot where the ball had hit, and tore new wounds through Maverick's body with the heat and incendiary power of the very magma of the earth itself, before the cool essence of water flowed over Maverick's body, relieving some of the pain caused by the fire.

Don't think it's over yet. This brief reprieve only sets you up for your own downfall, lured into a false sense of security, Crono says, and his eyes flicker back to green as the lightning encased in his elemental force of destruction erupts into Maverick's once again soaked body, which was in a temporary state of relief. From pain to relief and back to pain, with all the voltage screaming at his nervous system at an incredible current reeled his body back and forth, his body going into spasms on its own. An audible crack is heard, echoing throughout the canyon, and Crono's grin spreads as he hears the sound of Maverick's spasms breaking his own back.

You mess with magic, and you'll get a taste of what real magic can do, my foolish little Maverick... Crono says, dropping down to one knee near the river, taking a few cool sips from it's crystalline waters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having fun yet? :D

Posted by Crono

Es de bumpa.

(Bump, for those who don't understand Crono-ness.)

Posted by Pat_O

OOC: Oh I'm always having fun. may never win a single battle in my life, but still having fun. I'll get my reply going in a few days. Man, I'm running out of things for my character to do. Now he can't do anything because all his bones are crushed...

Posted by Crono

LOL. Don't worry, I'm running low too. I've still got a few more spells up my sleeve though, so you'd better come up with something. :p

Posted by Pat_O

OOC: Truly out of my league... All right, time to get back into losing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]Mike's vision flashed white from the immense power of the blow tha had been delt to him. His body felt as though the skin had been ripped off of his body. The only other time he ever felt like this was when they had grafted that accursed metal to his very bones. Then suddenly a new pain ran theough his body. Crono was using his lightning again. The water was bad enough, but now the electricity was attracted to the metal inside him like a conductor inside his very body, amplifying the lighting to frightening ammounts.

The sky was clear above him. An eagle soared by. It was as though nature was unaware of the batlle occuring down in the canyon.

The canyon walls echoed the yells of anguish and unbearable pain. His back began to flex so much that it was nearly bending his upper body backwards. Then it went back until there was a snap and an endless shout of a Tormented soul. His back had been broken.

He lay on the ground, pupils dialated, cracked bones running up and down his body. Some parts of his body only being supported by metal. But something wierd occured, He could still move and feel his feet. The metal had protected his vertebrae from breaking!
[COLOR="Lime"]
At least there's some reason to having this metal grafted to me...
[/COLOR] he thought as a faint light issued forth from the numerous holes in his body.

footsteps rang in his ears. Crono was coming. Mikes body steamed from the onslaught of magic and lightning. He wanted to get out of the way, to avoid Crono in some way, but his bdy was in no condition to do anything of the sort. He had broken bones and his old wounds had opened, a good number of new ones had appeared too. He expected a slice somewhere on his body but where would it be? the neck? the abdominals? a limb? The footsteps stopped at his body. Mike did not care to look at Crono, what reason did he have to do so? crono squated down beside him so that his face was close to mikes.

[COLOR="Black"]Why don't you just give up?[/COLOR] Crono said in a soft tone and slight grin on his face.

He laid on the ground for a moment seeming to ignore the comment, simply looking at the sky. Buzards were now hovering, hoping to feast on the corpse of the loser.

[COLOR="Lime"]Because...[/COLOR] Crono's eyes looked at him curiously. Mikes gauntlets were glowing white agian.

[COLOR="Lime"]I must bide for some time to heal myself...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Lime"]...I REFUSE TO CONSIDER MYSELF THIS WEAK![/COLOR]

A muffled blast discharged from his gauntlets into the earth. Crono sprang to his feet. The Dark Sabre was at Maverick's throat. An ominous boring sound filled the air. Crono searched the ground near him for a source to the sound, while Mike's fingers whirled in a sort of frenzied dance.

[COLOR="Black"]What are you doing?[/COLOR] Crono asked as he pressed the tip of the Sabre into the man's neck, allowing a little blood to issue from the new wound.

Mike seemed to ignore the inquiry and stared at the sky. Buzzards had gathered, hoping to feast upon the corpse of the loser no doubt.

[COLOR="Black"]Answer me.[/COLOR] the blade pressed further into his neck. Mike winced at the slowly growing wound.

A light glimmered above Crono.
[COLOR="Lime"]
Now! It's now or never![/COLOR] He thought as a smirk began to curl the corners of his lips.

[COLOR="Lime"]You should be more worried about yourself.[/COLOR] Crono pulled back his blade.

[COLOR="Black"]What did you say?[/COLOR]

Mike stared into his eyes through his right eye, watching the swirls of green swim through Crono's eyes. Another attack was coming. Crono raised his left hand for another session of shock therapy. Then Crono's Sabre flew from his right hand. He watched the blade clang onto the ground several feet away from him, the glorious ring of the legendary weapon seemed to phase out all the other sounds of the river and wild life nearby. Without hesitation, Crono continued with initiating the attack as he straitened his arm to release the lightning. Mike was now tilting his head up slightly to see Crono's face more clearly. The grin had become a wide smile showing his teeth.

[COLOR="Lime"]I wouldn't do that if I were you.[/COLOR] Crono ignored him. Mikes fingers moved in an even faster flurry. Crono began to brace himself for the powerful attack he was to release by bending his knees to absorb the pressure. Then a ray of light passed his eyes. His hand fell from it's aimed target in a split second. His hand slammed to the ground. The lightning released into the ground, but that was the least of his worries. His hand was now being pressed further into the rock below him. His fingers bent backwards and snapped from the pressure of the blow into the ground. The pain shot up his arm as he yelled. The Light pulled back, revealing that Crono's arm had been jammed into the very rock beneath his feet.

[COLOR="Lime"]Neutrino Whip...[/COLOR] Mike whispered as the wounds began to close slightly. The healing was nearly complete.

[COLOR="Lime"]Did I forget to mention that I can control the neutrinos as well?[/COLOR] Mike began to move more freely and propped himself upon his elbows. Crono tried desperately to pull his hand out, but it was jammed too tightly, and even if it were possible to pull out, the pain would be excrutiating. Crono searched around the ground to see the whip had burrowed underground to appear behind him. Crono pulled his blood blade with his free hand to strike Maverick with, but then another light wrapped itself around the scarlet blade. Crono attempted to wrench it free, but to no avail. Crono Stared at Mike malignantly. Mike let out a chuckle as he gave his wrists a quick jerk. The thunderous sound of the upheaval of earth followed by a dust cloud revealed that there were, in fact, two whips, one from each gauntlet.

the whip from Mikes left hand ripped the sword from Crono's hand, throwing it into the air only to land a few yards farther away than the Dark Sabre. Crono's hand fell to the ground from the battle with the whip to hold on to his prized weapon. Mike took full advantage of the opportunity and drove Crono's right hand into the ground just as he had done with his left. Crono screamed as he recieved five more broken fingers.

Mike Hobbled to his feet. The wounds had closed. The broken bone in his back would take much more time to heal, but the metal at least made it bearable enough to stand in a very akward fashion, and with a great deal of annoyance from his lower spine. His back screamed from the slightest movement. His Achilles' tendon still bothered him, and he could not put much weight on his right leg.

Mike closed his eye and Let in a deep breath of air. A swirl of air enompassed his lower body. He mannaged to manipulate the wind to raise him above the ground a few inches, and support his back, lessening the pain he had from standing up. He floated slowly towards Crono. He held up his whip and stared at it with admiration.

[COLOR="Lime"]These neutrinos are amazing. The less I condense them, the more they become like a blunt weapon. However the more I condense them...[/COLOR] The whip from his right hand straightened and shortened to a longblade. [COLOR="Lime"]...the sharper the object becomes.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Lime"]An eye for an eye...[/COLOR] Mike stated with a calm, but strong tone. Suddenly he let out a yell of rage and rammed the blade into his trapped foes right eye.
[/COLOR]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok done. Man it's been a while... anyway tell me if I do anything wrong, since it's been so long. (I may have forgotten :P) BTW it seems my new profiles were deleted... I guess I'll have to remake it...

Posted by Crono

Glad to see you haven't lost your touch. Now, on with the games!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blood. I see nothing but blood.

Crono's mind reeled from the pain. Maverick was standing again, and still able to attack. His hand was still stuck beneath the solid earth, fingers crushed, and he had the option of only one sword at this point. He had lost his normal advantage of two blades, and his eyesight was wrecked for the time being.

His Dark Saber and Blood Blade vanished from their locations on the ground, completely and entirely gone. Neither did Crono have them; the sheaths and sword belts that traditionally donned his hips were gone as well, and a new one appeared across his back, strapped from his right should down across to the left side of his waist. He reached back and drew his new weapon quietly, not even bothering to show off the weapon. It was a double edged blade, something Crono was not known for using often, and it was also not his customary Demon Edge.

Chaos Crusader.

He gouged the earth with his shining blade. It was not a remarkable weapon in any way; a very basic looking sword with some small inscriptions on one side of an unknown origin. It was a bright, shining silver, with a bluish tint to it, and he simply cut the earth around his already broken left hand and pulled it free. He let the sword go and it simply held it's place in the air while he reached up and pulled down his headband on the right side, dragging it across his eye, or lack thereof. The pain was excruciating, and he decided to finish the job and pulled it down over his other eye as well, cinching it as tight as he could manage over both eyes.

There are 5 senses I can use to find you, but which do you think I'll use next? Crono asked Maverick, facing his direction with completely unseeing eyes. He reached down to where his sword was waiting, and grasped it quickly. He darted forward as best he could, with a speed that would definitely still outmatch Maverick's broken body, and opened with a wide and powerful horizontal strike. Maverick easily dodged this blunt and obvious attack, stepping back lightly on his air buffer in near silence. Crono then started a simple attack pattern as though he was still using his Dark Saber, weaving back and forth without seeing, each time becoming closer and closer to striking the dodging warrior near his grasp. He finally stopped his attacks and grinned, bringing the flat of his blade to his forehead. He whispered indecipherable words and the blade lit up instantly, the inscriptions on the side flashing into a bright orange text. The blade crackled with energy, and small bits of energy ran it's length. Not just energy, but electricity.

More lightning? You must be joking.

Not quite yet Maverick. Remember those 5 senses? One has already destroyed you. Let's see how the others do.

Speed was the name of the game yet again, Crono dashing forward as though it were his initial assault, a dark blur with a crackling aura about him, striking at the neutrino whip and blade with a reckless abandon. Suddenly, Crono ducked the neutrino blade, hopped the whip as though it were a jump rope, and scored a slight hit across Maverick's chest. Nothing spectacular, and nothing to do much damage by the physical wound alone, but it was a hit. Every repeated matchup of the two resulted in the same thing from a different angle; a seperate blow, nothing more than a mere scratch at some points, one on his chest, both shoulders, and the center of his back. Eventually, tired of the game of cat and mouse, Crono backed out and raised the band from his left eye, the sword again holding its place in the air as he released it.

Four wounds Maverick; four senses were used.

Touch.

Maverick's eye betrayed him and he saw a flashback of Crono guiding his blade up his own Neutrino whip, using the length of the whip as a guide to find it's mark. Pain wracked his body as the ghostly image of Crono pierced his shoulder, riding the whip up the gauntlet and straight up into the shoulder.

Taste.

He saw another flashback, blood trailing from open wounds. The taste of blood was thick in the air, and it trailed them both, attracting the buzzards above. Crono had trailed him with the taste of his own blood on the air, behind him at this point to catch the trail. A blade tore his back and Crono watched in a solemn silence as Maverick's air cushion broke as he lost his focus on it. He hit the ground hard, the blade piercing straight forward and in through bone, muscle, and metal alike. Crono dropped to one knee at this point, struggling to hold his spell together long enough for it to finish.

Smell.

The next flashback: Crono downwind from him in the swirl of anger and swordplay. The scent of sweat, blood, tears, and dirt trailed from his body, pinpointing his exact location. The burst to his opposite shoulder was equally intense as the first, and he watched the ghastly blade ring true into his shoulder, rending the metal from the bone and leaving him in a spasm of pain.

Sound.

Maverick noticed for the first time the sound of the elements around him; the water rushing nearby, the breeze drifting through the grass. The breeze drifting around him, distorting the air currents and wind patterns, changing the sound of his surroundings as the grass and terrain behind him was undisturbed by the wind. Crono had struck in front of this vaccuum of sound, knowing a large target had to be interfering with the flow of air to cause such a lack of movement in that particular location. Chaos Crusader, now glowing a bright shade of blue, struck him again with it's ghostly image, piercing flesh and rending his body mercilessly.

The games are over, Maverick.

Posted by Pat_O

Sorry, gonna have to put it on hold for a little bit. I may have time today to start one, but it'll be a little slow since my deadline is nearing in my yearbook class.

Posted by Pat_O

Actually, where did your blade pierce me in the back in the 7th paragraph? (for corectness)