Mainstream Music

Posted by Killer Jordo

Why is it that when an indie signed band goes into a mainstream records corp. they are bashed? I think it's a good thing. It gives the band alot more publicity, and alot more fan base. But the original fans start to dis them. I don't care what that little sign is at the bottom of the back of the CD, I just care about the music.

Posted by Omni

Sometimes it equals them trying to make more money and create records designed to sell more commercially rather than real art. However, a good deal of true artists have been in the mainstream, such as Beck.

Posted by Vasioth

Ususally here most bands try and go mainstream by completely stealing other's idea's. I remember seeing of a Band trying to steal the name "Led Zeppelin" and shortening the word "Zeppelin" into Zeplin to try and do a bigger record deal or to try and get people confused that have heard of them but not there stuff.

Thing with that was that now and again "Zeppelin" is also spelled "Zeplin" by fan's, hardcore fan's and ect.

I just really hate the people who go "I don't like Mainstream stuff, I like people that aren't well known, like the *Klaxtons*" that don't have a total idea what the word even means... but that's going offtopic isn't it?

But then... I said the same about Razorlight not long ago so I amn't better...

Posted by Omni

Anyways, there is some good music that's mainstream, but a lot of it sucks.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Who cares? Like whatever music you're going to like.