As the Wii hits, so does the $175.00 Dolce and Gabbana t-shirt featuring Mario

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446148978

I saw this in Neiman Marcus the other day. Very well-fitted, high quality cotton, the D+G name, whatever - but I wouldn't pay 175 dollars for it unless I had a LOT more spare change than I do now.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

what a rip-off.

:D

Posted by Ant

Meh, the shirt isn't even that good. And yeah, could probably be bought for 10 bucks anywhere else :/

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

... it's hideous.

Posted by TheSorrow

looks cheap whoever spends 175 dollars on this shirt is a ****ing idiot

Posted by Linko_16

It's not even new or interesting artwork... just an old picture of Mario any idiot could spruce up in Photoshop.

I have no patience for clothing that costs more than it's worth, but I never thought I'd have to say that about a $175 piece-of-crap T-Shirt.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting Ant: Meh, the shirt isn't even that good. And yeah, could probably be bought for 10 bucks anywhere else :/

I tried on the shirt myself, and I can discern quality clothing from cheap Target fare very well. You're never, ever going to pay 10 dollars for this shirt unless you find a stolen shirt on eBay, even printless.

That said, it's not even NEAR worth 175 dollars. It's worth 40 at the most. The quality was not over 100 dollars better than a 27 to 35 dollar Armani Exchange t-shirt, or a 20 dollar Express t-shirt. You're paying for the Dolce and Gabbana name, and that's it.

Posted by Dexter

Way too much. I get shirts on ebay for under 20 and they fit good, feel good, and look good.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]... it's hideous.

Amen..

A shirt is only a shirt, just as a duck is only a duck. I'd blow $175 on 'smack', before even considering on shelling it out to some yuppie brand name product.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I could silkscreen a better design than that, regardless of how good the shirt itself is. Buying that is like putting on a flag that says either "I'm a total retard!" or "I've got no concept what a dollar is worth!"

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lord of Spam]I could silkscreen a better design than that, regardless of how good the shirt itself is. Buying that is like putting on a flag that says either "I'm a total retard!" or "I've got no concept what a dollar is worth!"

OR "I'M A GIRL" AMIRIGHT.

Posted by TheSorrow

Quoting Dexter: Way too much. I get shirts on ebay for under 20 and they fit good, feel good, and look good.

same here, the jeans are even more outrageous of a price 345 dollars wtf

Posted by Kit

Quoting Dexter: Way too much. I get shirts on ebay for under 20 and they fit good, feel good, and look good.

Same here. I don't really care for particular brands, which is why I'll happily wear clothes from Asda.

Posted by Fate

At the most I'd pay $60, only because I've never seen the creamy color associated with nerds and it's **** hard to find a Mario shirt, even in Hot Topic. The words on the bottom of Mario "cheapen" the value of that hefty tag. I'm so tired of cheap black shirts.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I wouldn't pay a dime for any of that garbage. The jeans are too commonly metrosexual-ish [if even less considerably uglier], the shirt is an abomination to any Nintendo fan; let alone any fan of the Super Mario Bros. And those ridiculous ****ing shoes they have him wearing? I've seen golf shoes with more attitude.

Posted by TheSorrow

Sadistic does have a point...what about nickle or a penny though!

Posted by Fate

Take away the Mario design and you've got a pretty nice outfit.

Posted by Bebop

Even if the brand name is big and the fabric divine it looks like turd. Ive seen better video game tees in Hot Topic.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Fate][COLOR=skyblue]Take away the Mario design and you've got a pretty nice outfit.[/COLOR]

Real men don't wear "outfits".. We wear human skin and dead animal furs.

[quote=Bebop]Even if the brand name is big and the fabric divine it looks like turd. Ive seen better video game tees in Hot Topic.

Whether of not it's a video game tee, is besides the point. As I have said before: A duck is a duck, and that whole ensemble is ****ing horrendously awful to the eyes.. I want to take a trip to the mall, vomit in my shoe, and kick the living **** out of the nearest yuppie..

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Fate: it's **** hard to find a Mario shirt

huh? Mario shirts are everywhere!

srsly. You're obviously not looking at all if you can't find a Mario shirt.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Fate][COLOR=skyblue]it's **** hard to find a Mario shirt[/COLOR]

Even ****ing Wal-Mart sells Mario-branded apparel now. Where have you been, Fate? Get with the times. No one shops at Hot Topic for their gaming needs, [when did HT become a social hub for nerdlings?].

Posted by Lord of Spam

I like the fact that chances are anyone retarded enough to pay that much for that shirt has probably never owned an NES or SNES and would justbe wearing it because its cool.

Fashion brings out the truest fail in people.

Quoted post: [when did HT become a social hub for nerdlings?].

Since being a nerd made you a freak, thus part of the "counterculture" which is oh so cool with today's teens. It's a way to be cool by being the farthest thing from cool.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Sadistic Grin]Real men don't wear "outfits".. We wear human skin and dead animal furs.

And cotton.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Speedfreak]And cotton.

Now how could I forget the cotton? Something has to blend well with bunny fur, right?

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]Since being a nerd made you a freak, thus part of the "counterculture" which is oh so cool with today's teens. It's a way to be cool by being the farthest thing from cool.

I laughed, as a bunch of emo kids and wannabe-rockers stood in front of Hot Topic, here in Fayetteville [nearly crying their eyes out]. After it had burned it's way to the foundations of the mall floors. Yeah, just goes to show you, if you're going to blare ****ty-*** techno music, better have a better audio 'guy' hook it up for you.. 'Cause I mean, like their stereo totally caught the entire store on fire. It was almost like housing the 4th of July in Halloween Town, simply brilliant.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: ... it's hideous.

this is the one time I have agreed with you.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Tiptoegecko: this is the one time I have agreed with you.

You should agree with him more. I'd never buy that, and I could if I wanted to. Yuck.

Quoted post: this is the one time I have agreed with you.

Be less wrong more.

Posted by Drewboy64

too bad it's not 174 dollars cheaper.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I'll stick with my Tek Jansen Alpha Squad 7 t-shirt, thanks.