How I think Nintendo WFC should work

Posted by Drewboy64

I think games with WFC should use the Wii's single friend code to add friends and such. Then, seperate players could choose a Mii, which acts as an account with your saved settings and stats and such, to play online. So basically there'd be the friend code for your system, and the Mii would be your online "account."

I really hope they don't screw up WFC.

Posted by Speedfreak

That's pretty much how it works. Good job, Bettsy.

Posted by ccrocker58

As of right now, that's not how it's working. Pokemon Battle Revolution out in japan is WFC enabled, and it works on its own friend codes completely seperate from our Wii numbers, just like the painstaking DS system.

Posted by Speedfreak

Elebits uses your Wii code to trade maps. I'm willing to bet PBR using seperate friend codes has something to do with linking up to the online DS version.

Posted by Dexter

I really hope we're able to view our friends game records. It would give so many games more replay value, trying to defeat everyone's top score and come out on top. Mario Party 8 mini game records is a perfect example of what I hope we can view. I wish they already allowed us to do that with people we have added to our Wii buddy list. Viewing Red Steel statistics would be cool. I usually get As and Bs on time and respect, but am usually in the Cs or Ds with accuracy, unfortunately.

Posted by Drewboy64

Pokemon uses seperate codes, and no online game uses Mii's as an online "account." Although the message board does work like that

Posted by ccrocker58

I do hope they utilize the Wii numbers...that would be so much easier...

Posted by protomanv4

yes it would woudent it.