Freaky!!

Posted by Last Fog

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]I could have just posted this in the general discussion for the new Zelda, but I think it's worthy of it's own thread. I was watching the [URL=http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html]new Zelda trailer[/URL] for about the 5th time, and I came across something quite strange. If you look closely at the moon in the very last scene with the wolf, you'll notice a face!! Anyone else notice this? Take a look for yourself:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/lastfog/maninthemoon.png[/IMG]

Odd.... I wonder if it's just a coincidence, or if it plays a role in the game. Hmm....

At any rate, feel free to use this thread to bring up any other oddities you may have spotted and whatnot.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Noir

Yes...when I was on jeuxfrance.com, I noticed new pics of the game, and went to ign.com to watch the new trailer. They just wrote an article trying to wring out new info from this, and the face in the moon was mentioned. Here's the [URL=http://cube.ign.com/articles/597/597052p1.html]link[/URL], to save you the trouble of surfing.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Well, I'd say they just wanted to make it as realistic as possible. Since, you know, it does look like there's a face in the moon, they tried to replicate that. I doubt it will have anything to do with the game.

Posted by brownoystercult

Anyhow, good find.

Posted by Bebop

Ha ha, very amusing but we've seen the moon with a face in Zelda before. This one isnt sporting large British teeth and puffy steroid enduced red eyes so it's safe to say the only role it has is too...well just be a moon.

Posted by coromoro

If you look closely in the ghost scene...

[img]http://www.geocities.com/netty91/ghost.txt[/img]

...You can see in the ghost's shirt what looks like the Hylian symbol.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/netty91/zeldasymbol.txt[/img] [img]http://www.geocities.com/netty91/shield.txt[/img]

I don't know what this means, really. A friend of mine said that they could be the dead knights of Hyrule...

Posted by Bebop

I don't see it coromo. I think people are far to easily convicned they see something.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I don't see it either, but their helmets definitely indicate a warrior, or a knight.

Posted by maian

I see it. Good find. It's the Triforce on top of the red bird symbol, for those who can't see it. Look closer. I don't think it's a coincidence. About the knights, they don't look hostile. It looks creepy, but very cool also.

About the moon, once you find it, it looks very much like a face. Even so, I myself doubt it's a MM-esque live moon. That link provided good information. I have high hopes for time travel.

Posted by Last Fog

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]I checked out that link that Shadow Elf provided and they spotted a different face.

Look at what they circled, a more spaced out face, with a large crater being the right eye. The face I noticed is summed up on just the bottom left of the moon. Their right eye is the left eye, and another eye in farther left, complete with the same mouth and a nose. So yea... just thought I'd point that out.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Mystic Hero

Nintendo always has to add in those little gimics, it just adds to the fun. I think, if I recall correctly that the Stars made a picture or constalation in WW when you looked up at the night sky.

Posted by Alastor

That's true. That had all sorts of constalations such as Orion's Belt and the Dippers.
In fact, if you go to this one area in Windfall Island where a kid is sitting with a telescope and whip yours out, you'll name the constalations as you see them. :)

Also, I see the symbol. Time's out, though, and I gotta run. More later.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting coromoro: You can see in the ghost's shirt what looks like the Hylian symbol.

I was always intrigued by that symbol. A Phoenix sort of bird with its wings spread wide, yet no back story to it. However, I doubt that Nintendo intended to include in shadows of this symbol in that shirt.

Posted by maian

It clearly looks intended, in my opinion. It's a triforce esque symbol, on top of a birdlike figure. And besides, how could a figure so similar appear in the shirt on accident? If any symbol was unintended to be in the shirt, I doubt it look so completely similar. If you watch the video, watch for it.

Posted by N-FANatic

Personally, I'm not buying the man in the moon. The only possible thing it could be the Moon from Majora's Mask. Maybe they're paying tribute to it?

Highly possible the dead people are Hylian knights. Taking a closer look, you can see what looks like the Hylian emblem. Its really faint, but if you look closely at the dark splotches below the X (which is part of a faint triforce), you can barely make it out.
A possible link to LttP perhaps? All the Hylian knights were slaughtered in a great battle against Ganon, so I guess it could be them but...I dunno. Thats just a far fetched speculation. Who knows what Nintendo is thinking.

Posted by Noir

I dunno...I heard somewhere that this game could be a continuation of the "imprisoning wars" or whatnot...

Posted by CRAZY HANDS

Quoting Last Fog: [FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]I could have just posted this in the general discussion for the new Zelda, but I think it's worthy of it's own thread. I was watching the [URL=http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html]new Zelda trailer[/URL] for about the 5th time, and I came across something quite strange. If you look closely at the moon in the very last scene with the wolf, you'll notice a face!! Anyone else notice this? Take a look for yourself:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/lastfog/maninthemoon.png[/IMG]

Odd.... I wonder if it's just a coincidence, or if it plays a role in the game. Hmm....

At any rate, feel free to use this thread to bring up any other oddities you may have spotted and whatnot.[/COLOR][/FONT]
good eye i didnt even notice

Posted by loony636

There are lots of things like that. Not specifically for games but look here:

[url]www.ebaumsworld.com[/url]

And you'll find many more illusions and hidden images.

Posted by Noir

Quoting loony636: There are lots of things like that. Not specifically for games but look here:

[url]www.ebaumsworld.com[/url]

And you'll find many more illusions and hidden images.

Okay. That had...just about nothing to do with the topic.

Posted by coromoro

There is something I found interesting.

Remember in Ocarina of Time how you pulled out the Master Sword, and you would go seven years into the future? Seven years. OoT was released on the 23rd of November, 1998. This new Zelda is supposedly going to be released Q4 of this year. That is exactly seven years from when OoT was released. Just like when you pulled out the Master Sword. Exactly seven years.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I think it's cool. :cool:

Posted by Thingy

thats amazing. maybe he went Back in time and lived trough those seven years and has to do that adventure all over again? but there is different ememys so maybe not. and also at the end of majoras mask he said he would go off into a private journey. so maybe this is it?

Posted by Alastor

I got to looking at what Coro pointed out a little closer, and after a bit more examination than what I gave it last time, I can see the entire Hylian symbol there. Even the triangle on the very bottom. The Triforce above the phoenix is kinda hard to see, but the entire symbol's actually there.

For those who still can't see it, I found it easier to look at the full size pic, rather than the one that's zoomed in.

Posted by VicE

Man, if this stuff was intentional, it's awesome. I love it when game designers put in little miniscule details like these; it shows that they really put a lot of thought and effort into what they were doing. That's one reason I loved Wind Waker so much - there were TONS of neat little details that one could easily miss if they weren't looking hard enough. Looks like Zelda '05 won't disappoint in that department. :)

Posted by Looski

This is mad hot, the first Zelda game I have evr played was windwaker and am now hooked! Can't wait

Posted by FerreTrip

Quoting coromoro: There is something I found interesting.

Remember in Ocarina of Time how you pulled out the Master Sword, and you would go seven years into the future? Seven years. OoT was released on the 23rd of November, 1998. This new Zelda is supposedly going to be released Q4 of this year. That is exactly seven years from when OoT was released. Just like when you pulled out the Master Sword. Exactly seven years.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I think it's cool. :cool:

*jawdrop* Woah...I didn't notice that...Wow, it's been SEVEN YEARS already?! That means...O_O Woah, I've had Banjo-Kazooie for seven years...I think...Anyway, I can't believe that this is a mere coincedence. Nintendo saw that they could not only work on the game more, but make it do a tribute to one of the greatest games of all time. Oh, man, this is gonna be the best Zelda game in all of history. Darker. Cooler. And, I hope to GOD, Nintendo will listen more and STILL have no more HEY!! NISSIN!!! or Navi anymore ;). As said by, I think, Game Informer, "It's coming, and everybody wants it."