Cave of Ordeals

Posted by maian

Haha, I loved this. For those who don't know what I'm referring to: The Cave of Ordeals is a 50 floor cave filled with enemies, much like Wind Waker's. This one is definitely harder, but it's still not that hard. =/

But, I sure take a beating. I have 17 hearts and three bottles, and last time I went through, I ended up with four hearts left. (Thank gawd for magic armor)

Who's beaten it? Discuss. I've gone through twice, and I noticed there were three darknuts the first time you saw them, and four on the last floor, as opposed to the first time where there was one less each. Do more get added?

Posted by Zeta

I've only gone through the first 10 floors so far. Too lazy to finish off the last 40. =/

Posted by Stalolin

I've been through the first 40 floors, didn't go through the last ten because I hadn't beaten the last dungeon.

It really isn't worth it, and if you're good you can Mortal Draw through like half of it.

oh yeah, never used a fairy, used milk though

Posted by maian

I find these things addicting. :cookie:

Wind Waker's was just so bloody easy, so I liked this one. The last 10 floors can get pretty brutal, and any floor that has those freaking ice warriors mixed with giant ice blowing monster blocks.

It's not worth it beating the whole thing, but I found it fun. I've never used fairies, but mostly I use two red potions and rare ChuChu jelly/Fairy tears. Supposedly the postman is on the last floor the second time through. Unfortunately, I forgot and quickly dashed down and went straight back up upon completion. =/

Posted by Ant

Hmm, I also don't remember seeing him the second time through...what's ur sauce?

but yeah, I enjoyed it. First time through I used a fairy once and that's all I brought down with me, so I had to be extremely careful on the last level fighting 4 of those fukken knights. I also make note of changing into a wolf on every level and doing a quick scan for anyplace to dig and get some easy hearts.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What's the reward, anyway? I just finished the section with the ice warriors and the ice breathers, and I'm taking a break. There are so many ways to exploit the cave, mainly through the Mortal Draw, the Great Spin, and Midna's magic circle thing. Wolf digging works well, too.

Posted by Zeta

All you get is the light spirit springs get filled with fairies and Great Fairies. =/ Better than Rupees, I guess.

Posted by Zeta

Alright, I got through it. Pretty ****ing easy. The only floors I had trouble on were the floor with the Freezards, Chilfos, and Ghoul Rats, and the floor with the Darknut and two Aeralfos. Didn't take a single hit on that final floor with 3 Darknuts. :cookie:

Lost about 7 hearts, and never used the Magic Armor. And hey, now I've got two bottles of Great Fairy Tears that I'll probably never use. How awesome is that?

Posted by Dexter

I finally defeated this yesterday. I was expecting 100 floors, like in Paper Mario. 50 were easy and I was ready for more. It was lots of fun though.

Posted by Linko_16

I don't even know where it is or what any of you guys are talking about. :cookie:

Posted by Slade

Huh. I didn't even know about this, since I haven't read anything about Twilight Princess online. That is the game everyone's talking about, isn't it?

I guess I'm not done with the game, yet. Sweet.

Posted by G-Sides

tried to go through once and got owned @ the last darknuts and haven't bothered with it since. guess that's what i get for leaving one bottle empty before i went through :(

also, an easy strategy i used against those ice soldiers was to bomb arrow all of them from the platform before leaping off of it.

Posted by Dexter

Bombing them with arrows is the way to go. Also, you don't need to fill your bottles up if you're quick enough to grab the red slimes as you progress through the cave. There's quite a bit red slimes along the way to keep your hearts abundant.

Posted by G-Sides

i tested my luck with those purple jellies and they ended up killing me, causing me to use one of my two fairies :( we packed the gamecube up in the closet to save space last week but i'd love to get it back out and try this again

Posted by maian

Gold jelly is the way to go. It's on two floors. You can tell where it's going to fall, because you see it sparkling in the ceiling. The second time through, I was about owned with the last darknut, so I tried my luck with the purple jelly, and it restored all my life. :cookie:

Posted by G-Sides

well **** you :mad:

Posted by Colonel

yum yum. Faerie Tears FTW

Posted by Dexter

I'd like to try the cave without using any bottles. That might be a worthy challenge to undergo.

Posted by Colonel

^ You're on my Wii.

But you never respond to my messages >_>
WHY?!

Posted by Dexter

Wireless difficulties. Not with my Wii, but with my overall city's connection. Should be fixed sometime this week. I don't get online with my Wii too often. I'll be online regularly once the games are, in June or whatever. Sorries. :(

Posted by maian

lol I went through with blue tunic and wooden shield.

Not easy :(

I wanna try Blue tunic, wooden shield, Ordon sword, and no bottles. OHSHI