Music uploading problems.

Posted by maian

So, throughout the day, I've been uploading music to my Sansa MP3 player (lol), and it's been working fine. It's plugged in by USB, so I just click "Send To: Removable Disk (H)". It's been working fine, until now. Now, I get this error:

"Cannot copy ______________: The directory or file cannot be created."

Anyone know why? =/

Posted by Trigger

Have you ensured you have capacity to continue storing data on it?

The directory and/or files you're trying to copy aren't read only file permissions?

The media player isn't locked in some way, shape or form that you didn't realise?

Does it only occur on a particular file or folder?

Did you try more than once, even after unplugging and re-connecting the USB cable?

Have you tried moving the file to the device any other way other than "Send to..."

Does the device come with its own software to store data from computer to player?

Posted by maian

Quoting Trigger: Have you ensured you have capacity to continue storing data on it?

Yes. I have 6-10 MB left, and it won't upload any music. I even tried small movie quotes, which I'm positive don't take up 6-10 gigs.

[quote=trigger]The directory and/or files you're trying to copy aren't read only file permissions?

No, they worked before. =/

[quote=trigger]The media player isn't locked in some way, shape or form that you didn't realise?

I don't believe it even has a lock, and even if it did, it's not.

[quote=trigger]Does it only occur on a particular file or folder?

It's happening in all of them now, which confuses me. Every song worked just earlier today, and now every song in the folder has the same error, except for ones I've already uploaded onto in, in which case I just get "Are you sure you want to overwrite?" message. I never clicked yes, so I didn't see if they had the error too. I'll try a song outside of the folder.

[quote=trigger]Did you try more than once, even after unplugging and re-connecting the USB cable?

Several times, I unplugged the USB and player as well.

[quote=trigger]Have you tried moving the file to the device any other way other than "Send to..."

No. =/ I guess I should try, but it's been working that way.

[quote=trigger]Does the device come with its own software to store data from computer to player?

Yes, but it's crappy, inconvienent, and sucks. I'm supposed to use Windows Media and it's library to "Sync" the files onto the player, which requires playing each song to have it added to the library, and syncing each one individually. On top of that, my friend owns the same player, and he's been using "Send to" the whole time he's had it, and it's worked.

Posted by ranson

Just plug out your USB n plug in again it will starts working.