Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2

Posted by Zeta

http://ds.ign.com/articles/751/751451p1.html

[quote]December 18, 2006 - Hot on the heels of confirmation earlier this week of a port of the original Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP, Square Enix announced today that the Nintendo DS will be getting an original entry in the series all to itself.

IGN reported last week on Final Fantasy Tactics A2 Fuuketsu no Guurimore, a mysterious title that debuted alongside the PSP port of FFT in the latest issue of Japan's Jump magazine. This is the new DS title in question.

Japanese media outlets are reporting that, as the A2 in the name might have suggested, this new game is being developed as a sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, the Game Boy Advance entry in the series. Details beyond this were not revealed in today's announcement.

While we don't have any screenshots, we do have a logo. But not of the new Final Fantasy Tactics games. Instead, the logo Square Enix passed around to the press today is of the Ivalice Alliance project, which encompasses Final Fantasy XII Revnant Wings for the DS and the two Final Fantasy Tactics projects. The company has stated that it has multiple teams working on games for this new initiative. These games encompass a variety of genres and are for a variety of platforms.

Awesome. Hopefully they'll work out the kinks the previous one had.

Posted by Ichigo54

Sweet, thx Huuuge FFT fan

Posted by Apathetic

Kinks?

Posted by Speedfreak

PSP gets a port, DS gets 2 new games. BOL

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Apathetic]Kinks?

Convoluted story, unbalanced classes (Moogles

Posted by maian

Ooooooh.

Great. :)

I absolutely loved FFTA, but never expected a sequel. Wait, does FFXII take place in Ivalice, or just inspired by it? Ideally, I'd like Ivalice to be real, and not a world in a book inspired by Mute's imagination. ;|

Posted by Unite

I didn't like ffta , so hopefully the 2nd one will be alot better.

Still have fond memories of FFT

team of 2 hydras and 3 tiamat(sp).

Posted by Ichigo54

Then you should die

Posted by Shade

I wasn't too fond of FFTA either. Game moved waaaay to slowly for my liking.

Posted by Zeta

The game was too easy. Most of the enemies used just starter classes, and never had any of the good skills/equips.

Also, being the lover of Blue Magery that I am, I was quite irked that Goblins and Thundrakes dissapeared later in the game.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Apathetic: Kinks?

thats what I was wondering. FFTA was amazing, plain and simple. And, IMO, the best GBA game ever created.

Posted by Shade

You have obviously not played Golden Sun.

I thought the battle system of FFTA was kind of boring. Even with the Judge system, it just got really old. Especially since some of the battles got kind of long-winded.

Posted by Zeta

I never saw anything special about Golden Sun. =/

Posted by Shade

Eh, whatever. What I don't get is the huge following FFTA has... I didn't think it was THAT great. Srsly.

Posted by Zeta

I think the main reason is, y'know, that hueg Final Fantasy fanbase. Of course they'll all think it's kick-***, despite Yggdra Union's superiority. >_>

Posted by Shade

That makes me thinking... if Fire Emblem got rid of the whole, they die forever thing, it'd be the greatest gaming series ever.

Besides Golden Sun, of course.

Posted by Zeta

Then it'd also be the easiest series ever. Trying to get through without any units dying is really the only thing that makes Fire Emblem hard.

Posted by Shade

But it's still fun.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Shade32: You have obviously not played Golden Sun.

I thought the battle system of FFTA was kind of boring. Even with the Judge system, it just got really old. Especially since some of the battles got kind of long-winded.

I obviously have and didnt think it was as good as FFTA. I thought the battle system was kick-***, and there was so much to do in that game I never got bored of it. I played through it 3 times, and I still think its freaking kick ***

Posted by Ichigo54

Golden Sun is overrated. I only played it because they stopped producing them, and I knew it would come back to kick me in the butt. Fire Emblem would be no fun at all w/o the stay dead thing, because they'd need to add a " OMFG THIS IS HARD" level, and even so that would be easy. And for anybody that doesn't like FFTA, go blow your brains out. Best GBA game ever(((UNtil FFVI comes out)))

Posted by Zeta

Nah, FFTA was a good game, but there were too many things wrong with it to be called the best GBA game ever.

And I'm actually pretty worried about FF6A, mostly because of the new translation. Atma is now Ultima and Rages are Wilds. They should've kept Atma; it sounds more unique, since the series already has like five or so Ultima Weapons. And I swear to *** if they don't keep Ultros and Kefka's lines from the Woolsey translation...

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Zeta;523296]Then it'd also be the easiest series ever. Trying to get through without any units dying is really the only thing that makes Fire Emblem hard.

That's a pretty dumb comment. Obviously if they removed that feature they'd make a game a lot harder in other ways. There's no reason to make the game ridiculously hard on top of the features that already make the game ridiculously hard.

Fire Emblem beats the ever living shit out of FFTA.

Posted by Ichigo54

ok I'l admit Fire Emblem one is better than FFTA but FESS brough the rep down in my eyes, amking FFTA better, and FFTA2 looks sweet, just hope i get some more detailed classes

Posted by Zeta

I cannot stress enough how all of you should try Yggdra Union.

Posted by Shade

I would if I could fucking find it. :mad:

Posted by Ichigo54

Whats that one about?

Posted by Shade

GameSpot get.

Posted by Ichigo54

Oh! that game is ****ing phenominal i was half-way through when it was stoeln form me at some stupid summer camp i didnt wanna be at in the first place. never saw another copy. mail me yours ^_^. wow that face looks bad. XD. ok. good. rambling again. ok. done. bye.

Posted by Zeta

What kind of summer camp is still open during November?

Posted by Shade

Exactly what I was thinking. =\

Hey Zeta, how do you pronounce Yggdra? You know, so I don't seem like a retard when I ask for it at Gamestop.

Posted by Zeta

idk, I pronounce it "yig-druh", but I've heard people say it's pronounced "eeg-drah".

Posted by Shade

Yggdra it is.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Ichigo54;524636]ok I'l admit Fire Emblem one is better than FFTA but FESS brough the rep down in my eyes, amking FFTA better, and FFTA2 looks sweet, just hope i get some more detailed classes

One game brought the reputation of an entire series already superior to FFTA in every friggin' way to something below of FFTA? Bloody hell...

Posted by Shade

Sacred Stones was good. :( The multiple paths you could take added some replayability, too.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Both Golden Sun and FFTA are overrated. I am quite fond of FFT, though.

Yggdra Union has piqued my interest. Before you mentioned it, Zeta, I had never heard of it. I'll have to find it.

Posted by Ichigo54

it was a year or 2 ago lol

Posted by Zeta

It was released just 2-3 months ago. T_T

Posted by Ichigo54

hmm. OH i was thinking of another game. I played that on my emulater and liked it but my pc got wiped and i couldnt find it online again. ill check the stores

Posted by Shade

Nice cover.

Posted by Ichigo54

Think what you will?

Posted by Shade

Okay.

Posted by Ichigo54

Lil bit of randomness here but whats with the turtle in mouth? I liek it. just..strange. lol

Posted by Zeta

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/1175393111412.jpg[/IMG]