Mario Party 8!

Posted by Dexter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Party_8

March 5th. That's not too far away at all. I was happy to hear it had such an early release date.

I'm excited about it. I'm still enjoying the Mario Party games. Mario Party 7 was loads of fun. The mic was an enjoyable addition and the mini-games were decent enough to keep me coming back.

Mario Party 8 will add two more playable characters, Hammer Bro and Blooper. I'm pretty sure Hammer Bro is going to end up being my player of choice. The mini-games using the Wiimote and Nunchuk are going to be interesting. I have fairly high hopes for this game and I doubt It'll be a letdown.

This game's a definite get for me. It's the only game up through March that I know I'll get. This'll also be the first Mario game on the Wii!

Posted by Zeta

Can't wait to play as Blooper. :cool:

Posted by Mcprime

kool mario party is awesome, i already got teh wii so im set !

Posted by Dexter

http://www.thewiire.com/news/581/1/First_Mario_Party_8_Details_Emerge

Lack of online play is disappointing. Maybe I could hope for it for Mario Party 9. Just maybe. I'd like to see a feature where I could at least see some of the top records for the mini games. It would certainly keep me playing it, having more records to conquer.

The speaker addition should work out nicely. I didn't think I was going to care much for the speaker at all but I've actually been quite taken with it. The sound quality if often terrible, sounding cheap or as if the speaker is going to burst, but it's still cool with me and I have a feeling it'll work out nicely with Mario Party.

Posted by Zeta

Online play isn't really suited to games like this. How aggrivating would it be if someone, after playing for about an hour, disconnected on the last turn?

Posted by Dexter

It would work just like Madden. Also, I wouldn't look forward to a full on game as much as simply playing random mini games with people online. That would be really easy to set up and some mini games could easily be designed for more players. I think it would work really well.

Posted by Dexter

http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Mario_Party_8

Unofficial box art and character selection screen. The character selection screen looks like a disappointment. There doesn't seem to be any advancement in graphics from the Game Cube version. Mario looks more detailed in Super Smash Wii, shouldn't they look more detailed for Mario Party 8? Come on, people, I want to see some improvements!!!

Posted by Ichigo54

graphics arent so important. its the gameplay that matters, like back from snes, graphics were terrible, but the games were excelent. especially games like MP where they are so cartoony (forgive the made up word). besides you know its gonna be great with the Wii remote, so stop complaining.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Dexter: http://www.nintendopedia.org/index.php?title=Mario_Party_8

Unofficial box art and character selection screen. The character selection screen looks like a disappointment. There doesn't seem to be any advancement in graphics from the Game Cube version. Mario looks more detailed in Super Smash Wii, shouldn't they look more detailed for Mario Party 8? Come on, people, I want to see some improvements!!!

I really like that cover - I hope it's for real!

Posted by Zeta

Wait, what the hell is that wierd thing right above the ESRB logo?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Zeta: Wait, what the hell is that wierd thing right above the ESRB logo?

Experience may change online.

Posted by cool gamer dad

How fun would it be to badmouth a bunch of little five year olds?

Posted by Zeta

Funner than having to listen to them badmouth us.

Posted by Bebop

No online? :c

Posted by Corrupt

I think I'll pick up this game when I actually get around to purchasing a Wii. Playing as a Hammer Bro will be badass.

And I'll admit, unlike a lot of other people, I haven't really tired of the series.

Posted by Ichigo54

No Wii? Shame.

Posted by muffla

is there a mic for the wii yet?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Ichigo54;523167]graphics arent so important. its the gameplay that matters, like back from snes, graphics were terrible, but the games were excelent. especially games like MP where they are so cartoony (forgive the made up word). besides you know its gonna be great with the Wii remote, so stop complaining.

The SNES was home to some of the prettiest games ever made, you're a fool.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Zeta: Wait, what the hell is that wierd thing right above the ESRB logo?

Looks like Chuck Quizmo from Paper Mario. He'll probably be the host of the gameshow or something.

I heard there's an item that turns the characters into vampires!

Posted by Dexter

Quoted post: The game has recently been delayed until Q2 in North America, as announced by Nintendo on its website, however, most vendors have yet to switch their dates.

Very sad, but maybe it's for good reasons, like additional online play! Still, I was really looking forward to it. :(

Posted by Dexter

The day has finally arrived. Today is Mario Party 8's release day! I'm going to pick it up right after school. I already got a group ready to play it tonight. Talk about excitement.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It actually sounds pretty fun. Shame EU gets Mario Strikers instead. :(

Posted by Dexter

Mario Strikers a shame? I think not. I'd be just as excited for that. Maybe even more excited since I'm so curious about the online capabilities.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Dexter: The day has finally arrived. Today is Mario Party 8's release day! I'm going to pick it up right after school. I already got a group ready to play it tonight. Talk about excitement.

Once I complete Zelda The Wind Waker, I'll probably purchase this game. I'm sure I'll get as much fun as I did with M.P.2

Good old fun with my friends.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

So apparently this game is pretty bad, just like Mario Party four through seven. Go figure. Rehashed mini-games? Getoutta town.

Posted by Ant

Yet people still buy it. Disturbingly enough, a lot of my IRL encounters with people who have a Wii are actually excited to play it.

Why fix what's broken, when people will still buy your crappy product?

Yeah, exactly. I mean, I expected absolutely nothing from this game, but it is a Nintendo product to some degree, you'd think they would, idk, at least make all new mini-games for it instead of slapping waggle on old ****.

But yeah, people are excited about it because there's nothing else out there to play. Plus, apparently Wii owners will buy any piece of **** they put out. There's already, what, around fifteen Wii titles over a million units sold? Christ almighty.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:
But yeah, people are excited about it because there's nothing else out there to play. Plus, apparently Wii owners will buy any piece of **** they put out. There's already, what, around fifteen Wii titles over a million units sold? Christ almighty.

Well I guess I'm the typical Wii owner, because I'm getting the game no matter how unoriginal and crappy it'll be.

My dad sold all my N64 games along with the console and I never bought any M.P. games for the GC, but I do want to play this virtual board game again, so I'm getting the newest version.

I think I could enjoy it more than the previous M.P. games because it'll have better graphics and I'll play it with a different controller. It's sad that it only has old mini-games, but it's better than nothing.

Posted by Dexter

[IMG]http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/strip156.jpg[/IMG]

So yeah, we've been playing this game a lot. Not any sort of a step above 7 so if you didn't care for that one you probably won't find yourself enjoying this one. It certainly isn't just a bunch of redesign old mini-games though. Some of them are rehashed from previous games and set with the Wiimote (which does add to the game) but there're a bunch of new ones, too. There's one where you race against about 20 other Nintendo characters and there's one that's a huge reference to the F-Zero series, with the electric guitar music and spin-around tunnels.

Still pretty bland. Boards are inferior to that of #7. The music is truly weak, not strengthening the theme of the level much at all. The first board we did was DK's and there were some bongos but it didn't feel like DK music to me. I think if they power-up the board's themes it would add much more to the overall experience.

Still, if you're into the Mushroom Kingdom gang and multiplayer, you'll have lots of fun. We're all looking forward to playing it tonight. It's certainly the best multiplayer game on the Wii so far.

I haven't even unlocked Hammer Bro yet. :(

Stop buying mario party games. Christ.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's pretty obvious Dexter ****ing hates the game, but persists due to his love of Mario Party. I feel sympathy. :(

Posted by Dexter

Wrong. It's fun, just like the last one and the one before that. It just isn't much of a step up.

Posted by Degeneration

Another one bites the dust. So what's the next Wii title to hype?

Posted by Dexter

Mario Strikers Charged, Pokemon, and Metroid Prime 3. Oh, and Mario Party 9!

I love it in the game when you get that candy item that turns you into your old-school self. NES styled Dry Bones was such a treat. I'm hoping that there's a way to earn a cheat or something to give us that form permanently. Everyone can turn into vampires, too, but that's not as special to me.

Hopefully we'll get some online play with Mario Party 9. It would be great to select any mini-game with some online competition or even do an entire tournament or something. This will also give some more purpose for those who don't have four people around to play with.

Quoted post: Another one bites the dust. So what's the next Wii title to hype?

Was it really all that hyped? It was the eighth ****ing Mario Part game... it followed five other mediocre Mario Party titles. Seriously, what else could you expect? The series is never going to improve because it's tired and pointless.

Posted by Speedfreak

This game should've been Wii Party, with Miis instead of Mario characters. Pretty poor decision on Nintendo's part, this could've been massive.

Posted by TendoAddict

I don't think ANYONE could of really expected much out of this game. We knew what it was all about, Mini games, and what have we been doing mostly on the Wii since launch? MINI GAMES. It would take a bit more then what they have put in to the past Mario party games to really have it special.

It's just a side dish in till the real meat comes.