Something interesting I saw relating to Sonic.

Posted by Litbut

So. You know how Sonic was the major character of the Sega Genesis? Well. I saw the original Sonic game ported to the GBA. Spotted it at Wal Mart. Might pick it up sometime.

Posted by Zeta

It's glitchy, and there's some slowdown. =/

Posted by Dexter

I didn't know it was ported to the GBA but I'm not surprised. I won't get it. I already have it for Game Cube and Sega.

Posted by Linko_16

I saw it, too.

Don't know why you'd get that when you could get the Sonic Mega Collection for, like, ten or twenty more bucks.

Posted by Dexter

Same price, I think. I got Mega new for only 20 dollars at Wal-Mart. I assume that's how much the port is. You could download it to your Wii for about 8 dollars!

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Linko_16: Don't know why you'd get that when you could get the Sonic Mega Collection for, like, ten or twenty more bucks.

Because this one lets you use the Spin Dash from every other Sonic game after Sonic 1. Totally worthwhile reason to buy it. :rolleyes:

Posted by Litbut

I see. Fun, then.

Posted by Arczu

'Till you really play it, then you feel like it's randomly slowing down with a defunked timer and wonder "WTF is this a Game Gear version!?"

From what I've seen of it, I'm not sure what to think of that remake. Not a lot of love going for it.

Posted by Litbut

Hm. Alright.

Posted by Greasyhead

I just got done playing said game on my PC. BTW, can we discuss piracy?

Posted by Dexter

I think we can. We have been, quite a lot, actually, and no one seems to care anymore. There are a few people out there who don't think we should be able to, but I think the majority is for it and you won't get in any huge trouble for doing so. People talk about downloading music here all the time and I play Dr. Mario ROM online with another member.

Posted by Roger Smith

As long as we don't mention any sources then we should be able to.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Roger Smith: As long as we don't mention any sources then we should be able to.

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with talking ABOUT ROMS, just don't post links to them.

As for this... I'm not getting it. Ports so far from the SNES have disappointed me, I doubt this (from a totally different system) is any better. In fact I think it's worse. I guess the only upside besides spindash is that it is portable. Still I like Genesis Hog any day of the week.