Christmas in 5 days

Posted by Poco

Ok this is the christmas thread.

I honestly hope you all have a great christmas/kwanza/hanakuh(sp, I know)/secular humanist winter extravaganza/second life furry festival.

Whatever.

Well, we do know about this holiday is that it is the time we celebrate Jesus' birth (though his birth likely occured in spring) (fun fact: Jesus the Nazarene did exist, though he was most likely not the son of ***), the Macabee's (Hebrew for Hammer) defeat of the Romans when they lit the candle and the oil lasted for 8 days, black people, being atheist i guess, and just being nice to each other and stuff.

but most importantly, giving and receiving presents.

I have received:
Contact DS (buy it, it's the earthbound DS)

So far, I know will receive:
1/60 scale ***(Burning) Gundam

Given:
1 build-a-bear to a friend
box of chocolates to a girl i know

Posted by KoH

[quote=Poco]
So far, I know will receive:
1/60 scale ***(Burning) Gundam
You are so awesome.

I have almost every G Gundam action figure EVAR!!!

Getting: Moneh for a car
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Some good ol' fashioned clothes.

Giving: I uh... I spent 180 bucks on a DS Lite (pink) to give to my sister 'cause I was too **** stupid to get one before the christmas rush.
Giving my mom 200 dollar or so piece of jewelry.
Giving my dad a 100 dollar wrist watch that plays mp3s and videos. 2 Gigs.

And that's actually it.

Posted by Colonel

Now it's only 4 days, and I'm currently in the school library...only 2 more periods to go until I'm off for the holidays!!!! :D :D :D

Woot. It's going to be a Nintendo-tastic Holiday.

Posted by KoH

MY FONT IS NOT HARD TO READ.

Posted by Colonel

...did you really have to announce what a said to you to the world.

and yes it's awfully hard to read without highlighting what you say. Frankly that takes to much time and effort.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

No, it isn't. Adjust your brightness. And I can't believe it's this close to Christmas already. INSANITY.

Posted by KoH

I didn't announce it... your rep comment's like... right there. Underneath my post. :D

Posted by Linko_16

I can't @#$%ing wait.

Posted by Raptor

...'til it's over.

Posted by The Judge

Shut up Mr. Negativity.

Happy Christmahanakwanzika to everyone!

Posted by Omni

I'm looking forward to it. I got my Christmas shopping done last week, too, so I'm done with that nonsense.

Posted by Dexter

It'll be fun. I got all my shopping done. Spent well over 300 dollars on gifts this year. I still need to wrap everything up.

Posted by Omni

I just finished wrapping presents like 5 minutes ago.

Posted by Dexter

I just started. I'm wrapping one gift about 15 times over. I want them to make a mess when they open it.

Posted by KoH

What an absolutely deliciously devious plan, Dexter. I shall have to copy your actions.

Posted by Dexter

Go for it. I'm copying it from a cosplaying friend of mine who did it to me about 3 years ago. It was great. I kept opening and opening and it made a huge mess and it was memorable. I don't even remember what the gift was, just how much fun it was opening it! ^_-

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Raptor: ...'til it's over.

YOU'RE A MEAN ONE

MR. GRINCH

Posted by Iris

I haven't even started shopping, I just know what I'm getting everyone. This time I'm not buying gifts for just the immediate family, so I'll probably be broke for a little while after.

Posted by Dexter

I wish you'd give me your address, Iris. I had a great gift I wanted to get you. Tokunaga plushie. He/she would've been a terrific weapon for you to keep all the rapist away.

Posted by Omni

My mother is trying to get me to make her Christmas CDs, so I told her she should probably just watch the oldies music channel on her digital cable, since they're just playing Christmas standards until the end of the year.

Posted by Dexter

I was listening to that station for awhile, but then I decided to just pop in Clay Aiken's Christmas album.

Posted by KoH

I wish Iris would give me her address too. :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: ...'til it's over.

Agreed. It doesn't mean as much to me anymore, and everyone seems ****ed off and stressed out. I'll appreciate the gifts I got, but I'll be glad when it's over. If only so my job can finally slow down and everyone in this city cool off. Christmas isn't fun when you're an adult and notice no one's actually happy.

Thankfully my family has decided to avoid family get-togethers and big dinners. We're just going to sleep through Christmas morning, wake up whenever, and just relax for the rest of the week.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Agreed. It doesn't mean as much to me anymore, and everyone seems ****ed off and stressed out. I'll appreciate the gifts I got, but I'll be glad when it's over. If only so my job can finally slow down and everyone in this city cool off. Christmas isn't fun when you're an adult and notice no one's actually happy.

Thankfully my family has decided to avoid family get-togethers and big dinners. We're just going to sleep through Christmas morning, wake up whenever, and just relax for the rest of the week.

Agreed all across the board, with the exception that I don't have the luxury of sleeping in. Work as usual.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]Christmas isn't fun when you're an adult and notice no one's actually happy.

Also when you're the one actually paying for the gifts.

I don't actually mind that. I have enough cash to make everyone around me happy in terms of material items. It's just that the "christmas spirit" is infectious... and for the past couple years the amount of people who actually have it has been lessening. Or maybe I'm just old enough to realise it never actually existed. It's even worse when I've seen three fist fights in parking lots, and two other instances were men and women have gone at it swearing and yelling in front of kids.

Posted by Dexter

huh? You guys suck. I spent more on gifts this year than any other year and I'm fine. I'm not stressed or unhappy. I'm still looking forward to Christmas and I even have some plans for next year! If you don't want to get people gifts, don't bother. One shouldn't stress themselves over it. Gosh, some people...

I'm not stressed or unhappy. Neither is my family. Just everyone else in the world. Luckily I bought all my gifts ages ago before the Holiday rush, but I still have to go to work and into malls. Not a single person actually seems happy.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Dexter: huh? You guys suck. I spent more on gifts this year than any other year and I'm fine. I'm not stressed or unhappy. I'm still looking forward to Christmas and I even have some plans for next year! If you don't want to get people gifts, don't bother. One shouldn't stress themselves over it. Gosh, some people...

I've already gotten gifts for a few people, and I haven't been stressing either. It isn't worth stressing over.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]I don't actually mind that. I have enough cash to make everyone around me happy in terms of material items. It's just that the "christmas spirit" is infectious... and for the past couple years the amount of people who actually have it has been lessening. Or maybe I'm just old enough to realise it never actually existed. It's even worse when I've seen three fist fights in parking lots, and two other instances were men and women have gone at it swearing and yelling in front of kids.

I've noticed that the "christmas spirit" seems more and more forced upon people as you get older rather than just naturally gaining it. As for present giving... I'm like a jew in that regard. I just hate spending that much money without actually seeing me get anything in return.

But I've also noticed more and more people are turning into genuine bastards during Christmas. That or only now have I chosen to not ignore such behavior and actually put thought into the subject.

Quoted post: I just hate spending that much money without actually seeing me get anything in return.

I have a couple grand spent on my every year, so it's not so hard for me to give back. But yeah, it's definitely forced these days. It's like you should know you should be in good spirits and people really try... until some ******* cuts them off in a parking lot and all hell breaks loose. People are pathetic around the holidays.

Posted by Shade

Only a few days, CAN YOU FEEL THE EXCITEMENT!?

Bought: That new Mitch Albom book for my Gma, she loves his stuff
Clerks 2 and an iPod dock remote for my brother
Dock Hollywood on DVD for my dad
Some fancy booklight for my mom

I only had about $100 to spend this year, and by ***, I pulled it off. :)

Posted by mis0

Getting:
- Model hydrogen fuel-cell car
- Hawt clothes!
- College monays
- Misc monays
- Hopefully a SEXY SANDWICH from Iris :D:D:D

Recieved:
- Several gift baskets, food items
- GIFT CARDS

Given:
- A few gift cards, loaded (i'm thoughtless, not cheap!)
- A Christmas card to almost everyone I know
- Spirited Away DVD
- FMA wall hanging
- LED booklight
- Neon Genisis Evangelion DVDs
- Other stuff... I can't remember

I spend a few hundred on Christmas this year. Ho-hum.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Today I was all caught up in the Christmas spirit, kind of sucked though that I had to be in school and have exams on the last day. I just enjoy the holidays because it's a good way to hang out wiht family you hardly get to see during the year and last minute party time with your friends before they head out for break. With that said I did some shopping of my own for the holidays:

-Got my dad Chrome Hounds for Christmas because he just loves mech games.
-Got my mom a silver ring
- Bought some of my friends some candy and a few gift cards.

And I treated myself to some pie because well, I just love pie.

As for what I'm getting, my uncle is sending me PS3 he managed to snag early this month and a Zune. I never thought I'd see all three next gen consoles in my house so that's something I'm looking forward too. :cool:

Posted by Colonel

Woot, half an hour and then 2 days and counting. Christ I can feel teh holiday spirit. Gotta love this time of year.

Nintendo Wii here I come. :)

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

The only reason I enjoy this holiday is because I go to visit family members that I generally see once per year.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Mystic Hero: And I treated myself to some pie because well, I just love pie.

I hope you got me some.

Posted by Slade

This year I'll spend nearly all of Christmas day in a car venturing to the cold, frozen north. Since I've already seen and/or been using almost all of this year's Birthmas presents, all I've got to open are some clothes from my grandma(as far as I know). About a week after Christmas my gifts from my brothers will be coming in the mail, including a lot of music software. I'm pretty excited for when I get all of that running on my computer.

Haha, and today's my birthday, too. Didn't do anything special because all my friends are busy with their families.

Since my parents are in this weird retiring transitional stage, they don't have time to do stuff like make Christmas "magical." That's alright with me, I just wish I'd get to see my brothers. :/ I have to keep reminding myself that they aren't coming up to visit during the next week. And we don't have as many decorations up as usual. So, Christmas is usually more Christmas-y. It's just a bad year. I think the big thing next year will be all of us getting together because none of us- except my stepmom and dad- will be living together this time next year.

But I totally get what Vamp's saying about people being ****ed off. I only just went to the mall today for the first time this season, and we were getting honked at for no reason and such. Pretty gay.

Posted by Omni

Well, it's Christmas Eve, and it's my sister's birthday. She always acts like it's annoying that it's on Christmas Eve. Mine is on Valentine's Day, which is funny. She gets so many presents and all she wants to do is complain and smoke all day. Oh, well.

Posted by Shade

No snow here.

I'm not feelin' the Christmas spirit. :(

Posted by Dexter

Snow helps, for sure. Other people's attitudes has a lot to do with it, as well. The taste of Egg Nog and a romantic kiss under the mistletoe might lift your Christmas Spirit from its slumber.

Posted by Raptor

Nothing shall be lifted from its slumber on this forsaken rock.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

I never really got honked at here while Christmas shopping. San Diego's laid-backness came through for me.

I got:

150 dollars
two new pairs of shoes
candy
a new phone
popcorn
condoms and play-dough (gag gifts)

Half of my 150 has already been spent on clothes, but the rest of it will most likely go to other uses. For one, Fashion Valley is a 45 mile drive from here (that's where all my favorite clothing stores are), so I don't really want to go down there again until I'm in the area anyways (it's 3 miles from Corrupt's house). And I spend too much money on clothes as it is, so by now I think I have quite enough clothes.

I gave:
Music CDs