Gangster Rap.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Now before I start I'll let you all know that I do listen to rap. I mean it's not my fave genre but it's my top third. Anyway, I used to love rap. But then I went into rock and have never looked back. What I'm here too talk about is Gangster Rap. ****ing hate it. I like it when music has a meaning. Classified's "Find Out" Is quickly becoming one of my favourite rap songs. Why? First of all it's not rap, and it has a good message about what rap is sort of turning into. F or the love of *** don't mock me for saying this, but I do rap. Yeah it's true. But when I write I don't write about *****es and pimps. No, I write about stuff that may be going on in the news, or bashing what rap is turning into. After hearing Nas's 'Hip-hop is dead" I went to have a shower and when I was playing NASCAR 2006 I started taking that title and jsut spinning crap off of it. Mostly about how hip-hop and rap has become so fabricated over these last few years.

Posted by Desperado

Gangsta Rap....

Well for one, nowdays it's all about people trying 2 create they're own lifestyles through records just to get a selling image. Before, during the G Funk Era....Gangsta Rap was alot more politcal, there used to be a message. It's concept was alot more diversed besides the usual hood tales and shootouts. Mc's would take shots at the system, politicians and the world goverment.

The Gangsta Rap you hear today is nothing like what it was back in the oldschool (89-96). The likes of Ice Cube & Ice T had a much larger concsious of what was going on in the world.

Posted by Omni

I don't really post here, but the thread title makes me laugh, because I'm not used to seeing it said that way.

Posted by Crazy K

There really is no "Gangsta rap" anymore, it's mostly how "crunk" they get or how much "Bling Bling" they recently purchased. Oh I can't forget about "Grillz". So ****ing kill me please.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Video on Trial: After seeing this video(Jibbz ~ Chain Hang Low) alot of kids are going to be saying "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.....WITH DIAMONDS *****ES!

:cool:

Posted by Arcadios

Really is being driven the wrong way with the south behind the wheel.
They jacked the car and added their own gas.