TIME Magazine names PS3 one of the top 5 failures of 2006.

Posted by Linkman

Surprised no one posted this..

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/18/time-magazine-deems-ps3-a-bust/

And Sony's comment to this: "The Wii should have been there!"

lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2006/12/timecoverps3bust.jpg[/IMG]

^ Probably why.

:o

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

As much as their right at this point, it's almost silly considering their Person of the Year issue, the very issue this was published in, is one of the biggest failures of the year. WHY DIDN'T THEY LIST THEMSELVES?!

Oh, and they listed Snakes on a Plane as a letdown. Which meant they had hopes and standards for this movie. That right there makes this whole thing ****ing ridiculous.

Posted by Linkman

I was more humored by Sony's reaction to it then the actual article. TIME is indeed a horrible magazine, and as such, Sony really had nothing to be offended about, but they obviously were.

Wait, Sony actually said that? Official quote or gtfo. Because I can't habeeb that ****.

Posted by Bebop

Snakes on a Plane a letdown? GTFO

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Wait, Sony actually said that? Official quote or gtfo. Because I can't habeeb that ****.

My source was Alastor, whom claimed he saw it on G4, which I don't get. I tried to find a source on the internet, but could find none. Now I have a hard time habeebing it. :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

itty bitty baby, etc

Anyone that lists snakes on a plane as a letdown is automatically discredited as a moron.

Posted by TendoAddict

But I thought the idea of the major threats of snakes combined with the horror of planes would teach us all a valuable lession.

But still, out of all failures sony has to be up their because they did put on a poor show.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting TendoAddict: But I thought the idea of the major threats of snakes combined with the horror of planes would teach us all a valuable lession.

It did teach us a valuable lesson: dont **** off crazy asian gangsters, or a snake will bite your cock while you try to take a leak.

Posted by s0ul

Man, that Asian gangster. The best part of the whole movie was when he said "YOU THINK I DIDN'T RUN OTHER SCENARIOS?!"

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I don't think they listed Snakes on a Plane as a letdown because of the content, but rather because it was such a huge thing on the internet before the movie came out in theatres, and then flopped at the box office.

Posted by Dexter

They're missing the point. It doesn't matter if it was a success in theaters because it was a huge success way before anyone even saw it. That's where the film's charm is truly found, in the days before anyone saw it.

Quoted post: whom claimed he saw it on G4

They made it up.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[quote=Dexter]They're missing the point. It doesn't matter if it was a success in theaters because it was a huge success way before anyone even saw it. That's where the film's charm is truly found, in the days before anyone saw it.Doesn't translate into any money for the filmmakers.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I'm fairly certain that the filmmakers did make money off of the movie, though. So many people watched that movie just to see how terrible it truly was, much like they did with the last two Matrix movies, the last two Batman movies (not including Batman Begins!), the Eragon movie, and in anything that you don't get to see Katie Holmes's tits! [spoiler]Props to anybody who gets the Harold and Kumar reference.[/spoiler]

If any of you subscribe to Game Informer magazine, you'd know that they, too, call the PS3 the top failure of 2006.

*edit* Meh, accidents happen.

Posted by Bebop

You didnt like Batman Begins and SOAP? Just kill yourself.

Quoted post: the last two Batman movies (not including Batman Returns!),

People watched Batman Begins because it was actually a great movie. What?

Posted by Hyper

I liked Snakes on a Plane. :(

Posted by Last Fog

[quote]You know you're in trouble when you get beat by something called a WiiGood one, moron.

Posted by Jesse Smith

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1560635,00.html

Ouch! Something tells me it was a Nintendo fan that wrote the article!! :D

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Bebop]You didnt like Batman Begins and SOAP? Just kill yourself.No, you misunderstood. Batman Begin was a good movie, which is why I didn't count it amongst the "last two Batman movies." As soon as you're capable of properly comprehending sentences and statements, you should get back to us. Until then, exclude yourself from any form of communication, in case your ignorance and stupidity spreads further.
[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]People watched Batman Begins because it was actually a great movie. What?See above.

Maybe you should learn how to properly construct a sentence and say what you mean, idk? Because usually when someone says last two they mean, well, the last two.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting Skitzo Control: No, you misunderstood. Batman Begin was a good movie, which is why I didn't count it amongst the "last two Batman movies."

You said Batman RETURNS. That was about five Batman movies ago, so you MIGHT be best advised to at least edit your post and pretend you didn't reference the wrong movie.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Skitzo Control: No, you misunderstood. Batman Begin was a good movie, which is why I didn't count it amongst the "last two Batman movies." As soon as you're capable of properly comprehending sentences and statements, you should get back to us. Until then, exclude yourself from any form of communication, in case your ignorance and stupidity spreads further.

You said "except Batman Returns," not "except Batman Begins."

I knew what he meant, anyway.

Quoted post: Skitzo Control disagrees: My sentence was properly constructed, and I said exactly what I meant, I simply named the wrong movie.

So you didn't say what you meant. How am I supposed to know what the hell you mean? lol internets.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Skitzo Control: No, you misunderstood. Batman Begin was a good movie, which is why I didn't count it amongst the "last two Batman movies." As soon as you're capable of properly comprehending sentences and statements, you should get back to us. Until then, exclude yourself from any form of communication, in case your ignorance and stupidity spreads further.
See above.

Sorry. It was wrong of me to assume that when you said 'last two Batman movies' you actually meant 'the last two Batman movies'.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Jesse Smith: http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1560635,00.html

Ouch! Something tells me it was a Nintendo fan that wrote the article!! :D

it seemed like they mentioned the xbox 360 more than the wii. why would it be a wii fan?

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Bebop]Sorry. It was wrong of me to assume that when you said 'last two Batman movies' you actually meant 'the last two Batman movies'.It would all matter how you interpret it, too. I could have just said, "Last two Batman movies" and left it at that, and still would have been correct considering, chronologically, the last two Batman movies would not include "Batman Begins," but I knew that since most people wouldn't interpret it that way (mostly because many people here didn't grow up on those awful movies), I decided to add that in.

Posted by Poco

This is hilarious, because I beleive TIME was calling the PS 3 the "ultimate gaming experience" a month prior to release.Of course, it might have been newsweek that said the PS3 was the ultimate gaming experience.

Posted by Shade

I resent that article, and TIME magazine.

Studio 60 is a good show. :(

Posted by Dexter

Quoting s0ul: Man, that Asian gangster. The best part of the whole movie was when he said "YOU THINK I DIDN'T RUN OTHER SCENARIOS?!"

That was a laugh, but the best part was when the lights in the plane go out and in the background you slightly hear a guy say "it's the snakes!"

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Lord of Spam:
Anyone that lists snakes on a plane as a letdown is automatically discredited as a moron.

Amen to that. SOAP was actually a really good movie.

Posted by Dexter

It was a terrible film but still great.

Best worst film ever.

Posted by Dexter

That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Thank you.