Maps

Posted by powerpuff

Why do states on a map have different colors? Is it so they don't blend together?

Posted by christinadeenadee

No, the states are actually those colors. I thought everyone knew that.

Posted by powerpuff

**** you guys and **** this forum

Posted by KoH

lmao

Posted by Raptor

I've got a better question, why are Disturbed fans so stupid?

Posted by Dexter

They're not as bad as ICP fans.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Dexter: They're not as bad as ICP fans.

Oh, man, I remember when that **** was popular! I never understood it, excepting the fact that a lot of the people who used to be my friends were suddenly people I wouldn't consider talking to.

Posted by Arwon

I realise the internet isn't a finite resource, but I still feel like this thread is a terrible waste of something.

Posted by powerpuff

It wasn't a dumb question its not like they exactly teach you why the sates are the colors they are, the maps just come that way. **** it though I can see you're all a bunch of assclowns.
(excluding Dexter)

Posted by Dexter

I respect how you're attempting to learn something new and asking questions to edify your life is an important step. I don't believe in flaming those who asks questions, even if they are sometimes a bit silly, because it can cause them to hold back on asking questions in the future, in important situations, and that suppression, that consciously/subconsciously holding back out of fear of cruel responses, is dangerous and definitely not of the cool.

Posted by KoH

Normally, I'd agree with Dexter but...

[URL="http://www.google.com"]www.google.com[/URL]

[URL="http://www.ask.com"]www.ask.com[/URL]

With such immense resources obviously available to him, I think such direct insults on the intelligence of someone who asks such a stupid question to an online community is well deserving.

Posted by Dexter

But... think of the possible discussions that could commence?!

Posted by KoH

You're right. Let's discuss something worthwhile.

I like breasts, what about you, Dexter???

Posted by Dexter

Tails > breasts.

Posted by KoH

How about legs? Do ya like legs, Dex?

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Dexter: I don't believe in flaming those who asks questions, even if they are sometimes a bit silly, because it can cause them to hold back on asking questions in the future, in important situations, and that suppression, that consciously/subconsciously holding back out of fear of cruel responses, is dangerous and definitely not of the cool.

But in powerpuff's case, the point is to try to get him to realise what a moron he is so he never posts again.

[quote]But... think of the possible discussions that could commence?!

whats ur favrit couler on a map dex?mine is purple cuz purple is fun to say and it makes me UBER HYPER!!! ^.^

Posted by powerpuff

Quoting KoH: Normally, I'd agree with Dexter but...

[URL="http://www.google.com"]www.google.com[/URL]

[URL="http://www.ask.com"]www.ask.com[/URL]

With such immense resources obviously available to him, I think such direct insults on the intelligence of someone who asks such a stupid question to an online community is well deserving.

I tried them before I asked here, but like I said before **** it.

Quoted post:
But in powerpuff's case, the point is to try to get him to realise what a moron he is so he never posts again.

I wish we could meet somewhere so I could show you how much of a moron I am. People on the internet talk so much **** its funny.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Schools do teach the difference between a political and geographical map. powerpuff, you totally need to accept that this was a moronic thing to ask.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting powerpuff:
I wish we could meet somewhere so I could show you how much of a moron I am. People on the internet talk so much **** its funny.

Says the man who is talking ****.... sort of...

Posted by powerpuff

Quoting Wings: Schools do teach the difference between a political and geographical map. powerpuff, you totally need to accept that this was a moronic thing to ask.

I know what the difference is between a geographic map and a political one. You misunderstood me.

[IMG]http://www.postnet.com/Locator/images/usa-map.gif[/IMG]
The map I'm talking about is like this one except that the colors are more widely spread so that no color touches the same color. My question was if there was a reason behind this besides keeping the states from blending together. If you still don't see what I mean think of the maps in school classrooms.

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Says the man who is talking ****.... sort of...

I am only stating that I wish to meet face to face so that we could discuss me being a moron. Is that so wrong?

From Wikipedia: "The most important purpose of the political map is to show territorial borders."

Posted by powerpuff

couldn't they just use one color and outline the states with bold black lines then? Why all the color?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Black line can get hard for some people to see, I guess.

Besides, elementary school was all about coloring.

Posted by powerpuff

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Black line can get hard for some people to see, I guess.

Besides, elementary school was all about coloring.

Quoting powerpuff: Why do states on a map have different colors? Is it so they don't blend together?

I asked if it was so they don't blend and all you could do was call me a moron.

Quoting raptor:

I'll grant your wish raptor I'll stop posting here, I can't stand the smell of s.hit from you a.ssholes.

Quoting powerpuff: couldn't they just use one color and outline the states with bold black lines then? Why all the color?

It makes it a lot easier for dumb shits to recognise the borders between them. Clearly, though, we need a better system.

Posted by NES Queen

Its really hard to take someone seriously when they constantly curse and call people names and make blind threats they know they can't fulfill. I sincerely doubt you wanted to meet Raptor to show him "how much of a moron you are".

Anywho.... If you've ever looked at more than one map in your entire life, you'd see the "colors" were random and different on each one. Some don't even have any color *gasp* and some are a combination of topographic and geographic maps. The colors are purely for aestetic reasons, to make the states easier to define and so children can identify them based on their shape. Most children are able to find places like Florida, Texas, and Italy on a world map, but unless they live there they're not as easily going to identy places like Bolivia or Kenya or Missouri.

So there, you're question has been legitimately answered. We're not all [COLOR="white"]a[/COLOR]sshats here, we just have no patience for ignorance or laziness.

Posted by powerpuff

Quoting NES Queen: Its really hard to take someone seriously when they constantly curse and call people names and make blind threats they know they can't fulfill. I sincerely doubt you wanted to meet Raptor to show him "how much of a moron you are".

Anywho.... If you've ever looked at more than one map in your entire life, you'd see the "colors" were random and different on each one. Some don't even have any color *gasp* and some are a combination of topographic and geographic maps. The colors are purely for aestetic reasons, to make the states easier to define and so children can identify them based on their shape. Most children are able to find places like Florida, Texas, and Italy on a world map, but unless they live there they're not as easily going to identy places like Bolivia or Kenya or Missouri.

So there, you're question has been legitimately answered. We're not all [COLOR="white"]a[/COLOR]sshats here, we just have no patience for ignorance or laziness.

I wasn't being lazy. I looked and couldnt find so I came here where i thought i could find help from the "friendly" people here at this forum that i visit, but that wasnt the case. Oh and i really would like to meet raptor and you're welcome to come along. No jokes.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Yes. Yes it is, moron.

Posted by powerpuff

So If i take the time to look for something and can't find the answer, then come here to ask people thats being lazy? i thought being lazy would involve a lot more sleeping.

Given that it took me all of sixty seconds to find the quote I posted above, I'm also going to call you lazy, and express the opinion that I hope you fall into an acid bath.

Whether you die or not is really up to you. Surprise me.

Posted by powerpuff

hey! How about F.uck you?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

This thread is gold.

Posted by powerpuff

i would just like to say f.uck you all!!!! You can all kiss my A.ss!!!!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Who's talking **** now, little man?

The best thing about this is we'll probably force him to leave. I'm sure this is the optimal outcome.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Hopefully.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting powerpuff: So If i take the time to look for something and can't find the answer, then come here to ask people thats being lazy? i thought being lazy would involve a lot more sleeping. ...where i thought i could find help from the "friendly" people here at this forum that i visit, but that wasnt the case. Oh and i really would like to meet raptor and you're welcome to come along. No jokes.

1. How much time did you spend? Because honestly, by typing in "maps" into wikipedia I found quite the lovely reference with a plethora of additional links to further expand upon my cartology knowledge. So both Wings and myself were able to find the answer in under 5mins, I'm sure you could have too.

2. Yes, if at first you don't succeed the saying tells you to "try try again." Not "run to an internet forum about video games and ask people a common sense question about maps.

3. "Friendly"? You must not frequent these forums too often if you believed the overall vibe here was one of peace love and hairgrease.

4. I prefer to watch animal mating season on the discovery channel, not in person. You and Raptor can have all the furry fun you want without me.

To be fair, we did know the answer.

Posted by NES Queen

fair my @ss, if you have a question about "maps" your first step should be to type in "maps" to any sort of search engine. i feel fairly safe guessing you have a 85% chance of finding your answer within 3 clicks of your mouse.

Posted by Raptor

Judging from the sort of questions you ask about maps, powerpuff, you probably think Hawaii is located in the great state of Chicago. I don't believe the chances of us meeting anytime soon are too good.

Posted by Ant

I like maps. When I was a young lad I'd look at various maps of the states and countries for fun! Learning the locations of cities and highways alike. To this day I'm very well engrossed with maps when I get the chance to relax and look at them. I find that the colors makes it easier on the eyes to find and locate certain locations on said maps. So I'm all for the difference in colors! GO MAPS! :)

Posted by KoH

[quote=powerpuff]hey! How about F.uck you?

lmao

So did this guy leave yet? I thought he was funny. :(

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: I wasn't being lazy. I looked and couldnt find so I came here where i thought i could find help from the "friendly" people here at this forum that i visit, but that wasnt the case. Oh and i really would like to meet raptor and you're welcome to come along. No jokes.

Quit being such a ****ing pussy **** face... Grow some thick skin, grab a ****in straw, and suck it the **** up *****. I dont give a ******* if your ****ing feelings are hurt because your pussy *** cant take a joke.... Make some more threats, please, cause were all sooooo scared of the fat kid (im assuming, cause you sound huffy like a fat person) who gets his feelings hurt on VGC, SO unless your some sort of savant, of "mice and men" type charicter with retard strength or a highpower rifle, and some sort of magic power that lets you divine the location of all VGC *******s across the globe, i dont think any of us are worried.....****er.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

This thread is stupider then my thread about envelopes

Posted by specopssv44

noone asked you ****face. Metallica rules *****!