Finally Saw It

Posted by NeXidala

Finally saw V for Vendetta last weekend. I absolutely loved it from the very beginning.
Initially, I couldn't help but resist the unique personality of V. His personality was so intricate and he always kept me holding my breath for what he would say next. At first, he was so mysterious at one point I couldn't decide whether he was good or bad. *spoiler*[spoiler]I'm talking about the part when he finally releases the girl from the cell and begins explaining what had been going on.[/spoiler]*/spoiler* His method of killing and the style he used after the person was dead was really ingenious. And, the way he reacted to Evey was really uplifting to me. I really loved his braveness and his quirky personality. Wish we could see more protangonists like him in other movies.

In addition, the problem clouding the movie of the civil-war type behavior that was going on and about things that happened in their past (which is still our future), the people behind it, and the causes also got me thinking throughout the movie. After every single scene my mind would be racing trying to figure out all the plot-twisters. Extraordinary plot in my opinion.

[IMG]http://www.anthonymcg.com/images/movies/v_for_vendetta.jpg[/IMG]

Well, I know some of you may not have liked this movie and completely disagree with my opinions, but they are exactly that. Opinions.

Posted by El Capitan

Overated....its an average film at most.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting NeXidala: Well, I know some of you may not have liked this movie and completely disagree with my opinions, but they are exactly that. Opinions.

Ahem.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=NeXidala]Ahem.

wait what

Capitan isn't allowed to voice his opinion?

Also, comic was way better than the movie. Still a pretty good movie though.

Posted by Dexter

I enjoyed his verbal ornamentation.

Was he gay?

Posted by Roger Smith

Read her quote Lolin: but they are exactly that. Opinions.

She basically said yes, he's allowed to voice his opinion. I haven't seen the movie yet. Prolly won't for a while.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Dexter: I enjoyed his verbal ornamentation.

Was he gay?

Uhh...no I don't think so.
He fell in love with Evey.

Posted by Dexter

idk. I remember him being gay. I just thought that they decided to leave that part of his personality out of the film. :confused:

Posted by NeXidala

I know but, uh, he fell in love with Evey....

Posted by Dexter

Nah, I don't think it's the romantic kind of love like you're thinking. It's the friend/family type of love that he felt for her.

I just felt that they had the prisoner lesbian girl to substitute for his gayness in order to stay somewhat true to how it was originally meant to be, which was a total gay propaganda ride! It was meant to get people to feel for the gays in a time of gay suppression and anti-gay beliefs! Watch closely!

Posted by Tiptoegecko

V For Vendetta is on my top 5 favourite films of all time. I love it SO much. I watched it 20 times in a period of 1 week the week I got it. I love it so much<3333

Posted by Shade

Give it up, Dex. :p:

It's a pretty good movie.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Shade32: Give it up, Dex. :p:

It's a pretty good movie.

yea man! but i'll admit, I obsessed over it a little

At one point I memorized his entire intro speech o_o

Posted by Shade

Don't sweat it. My friend memorized it after watching the movie 3 times.

Posted by Dexter

It's actually true! Why doesn't anyone see it!?

The Matrix made symbolic racism the key symbol of the fascist state, with disproportionate african american heroes as a partial so-obvious-it-doesn't-need-to-be-said, way of symbolizing the meaning, so profusions of homo-friendly signs make oppression of gay people the true significant marker of the totalitarianism in the world of V for Vendetta. This "learning" about gay love and the need to be "out" to live an authentic life is Natalie's medium for coming to political maturation and integrity and becoming her true self, i.e. the one worthy of V and becoming his instrument, and sharing in the same lesson in gay-love-as-truth that enabled V to go beyond mere hate-filled revenger to revolutionary inspirer of All the People.

Posted by Apathetic

I pwned one of my friends with the ending. We were playing halo and hes like, IM EVERYWHERE. I said something like and your me and your him and your shut the **** up.