MGS4 on 360

Posted by Last Fog

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/751/751496p1.html

Oh man, I would love for this to happen. Personally, I don't care about the game, but that would mean the sole reason for owning a PS3 would be terminated.

Posted by Dexter

Sole reason? Hardly for me, but maybe for you. Playstation is good for the RPGs!

Still, it actually seems like something that would work better with the 360 crowd. Seems like a good move to make. I don't care either way, except for how I feel it should be on the Wii! yay! The best Metal Gears were on the Nintendo, anyway!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: he best Metal Gears were on the Nintendo, anyway!

Don't be stupid. Because that's stupid.

Anywho, the only way it's going to stay an exclusive is if Sony throws a whole wad of cash and Konami. And even then it will most likely only buy them a year. Porting it to the 360 makes a ton of sense at this point, as you can't make a profit on a game that only has, by that time, 2 to 3 million consoles on the market.

Plus, I bet MS, if they really wanted to, could make the move seem all the more pretty... what with the 13 billion dollars they have lying around every quarter.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

ohmanohmanohman

If this happens... I no longer need a PS3.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Don't be stupid. Because that's stupid.

I know it might seem stupid, and I know the majority would disagree, but I enjoyed the two NES games the most. They were the first stealth games I ever played and I couldn't even read properly at the time. Good memories.

Two? I only recall Metal Gear. And that was downright awful on the NES.

Posted by Fate

Kojima is my idol and he says that his games are meant to be played for the console he develops for. He didn't like the fact that his games were ported from the very beginning, but he can't do much about it. If he says it's for the PS3, then that's where I'll be playing it. I'll most likely end up getting both versions, anyways.

Posted by Last Fog

[quote]Two? I only recall Metal Gear. And that was downright awful on the NES.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_2:_Solid_Snake

Quoting Fate: Kojima is my idol and he says that his games are meant to be played for the console he develops for. He didn't like the fact that his games were ported from the very beginning, but he can't do much about it. If he says it's for the PS3, then that's where I'll be playing it. I'll most likely end up getting both versions, anyways.
Well he can go **** himself. There's no good reason why it shouldn't be brought to Xbox, and when it is, it will sell better there anyway.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Two? I only recall Metal Gear. And that was downright awful on the NES.

Play Snake's Revenge, although if you didn't like Metal Gear, you probably won't enjoy it much. Who doesn't like Metal Gear? The game was of the cool.

Posted by Slade

Haha, wow, Last Fog just lost cool points. I think trying to insult Kojima is worse than trying to insult my family. I'm not saying his games are the best in the existence of the universe, I just think his ideas are GOLD and he should be able to do whatever the hell he wants because he knows how to best implement those genius things buzzing around in his head.

Then again, I really don't have the money for a PS3 or an Xbox 360 right now. But since the 360 is cheaper, I'll probably get that first. Pick up the PS3 and it's version of MGS4 later.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Slade: Haha, wow, Last Fog just lost cool points. I think trying to insult Kojima is worse than trying to insult my family. I'm not saying his games are the best in the existence of the universe, I just think his ideas are GOLD and he should be able to do whatever the hell he wants because he knows how to best implement those genius things buzzing around in his head.

Then again, I really don't have the money for a PS3 or an Xbox 360 right now. But since the 360 is cheaper, I'll probably get that first. Pick up the PS3 and it's version of MGS4 later.
I respect his ideas, I'm just saying it really doesn't matter in the long run. It's simply not up to him.

I remember when the lead developer of resident evil 4 said if the game ever went to PS2, he would cut his own head off. And we all now what happened there.

Quoted post: Play Snake's Revenge, although if you didn't like Metal Gear, you probably won't enjoy it much. Who doesn't like Metal Gear? The game was of the cool.

Oh yeah... MG2 was OK. But Metal Gear on the NES was just awful. You're crazy if you think it was good.

Quoted post: I respect his ideas, I'm just saying it really doesn't matter in the long run. It's simply not up to him.

I remember when the lead developer of resident evil 4 said if the game ever went to PS2, he would cut his own head off. And we all now what happened there.

Pretty much. If Konami wants it on the 360, it'll be on the 360. Still, if I own a PS3 by then, that's where I'll play it for the same reason as Fate.

Posted by Slade

There was this sick, twisted time during which I owned only a Nintendo 64 and a GameBoy Color, and I was known to search out pitiful "replacements" for ***ly games I had previously owned on my Playstation.

One such game was MGS on GBC. I don't even remember the name. It ended up being decent enough, but really.... just no.

Posted by Vasioth

The Original Metal Gear (in the Arcades, was also on the NES I guess) wasn't at all that bad. It was a lot like Metal Slug... which I thought originally was a rip off from Metal Gear, but I could be long as I don't know the time difference's between these 2 games.

Metal Gear Solid 4 on the 360... not a good move in some ways. Think about it " Game + Probably hundreds of Downloadable Patches of some of the levels that are missing and weapons/emenies = Crappyness" if they do indeed bring it out on the 360 and this does indeed happen.

But if that didn't happen from what I stated above, it would be pretty great for me anyhow. I don't really intend on buying a PS3 and instead of wasting money on one just to get a game like that, I would rather be content playing it on my 360.

Quoted post: Metal Gear Solid 4 on the 360... not a good move in some ways. Think about it " Game + Probably hundreds of Downloadable Patches of some of the levels that are missing and weapons/emenies = Crappyness" if they do indeed bring it out on the 360 and this does indeed happen.

LEWL Every console now has an internet service like Live. You know what that means? Patches. Sony has already been releasing patches, and Nintendo has been releasing updates (which will probably turn into patches in the future.) Nice try though.

Also, you're forgetting this is Kojima. He tends to make all his games great from the get-go, and when it does need to be fixed, he releases new "updated" version like Subsistence for 40 bucks. Wanna bet that the MGS4 Subsistence will be a downloadable update for some of your cash? Yeah.

Posted by Fate

The way I see it, it'd be the same case if, say, Miyamoto were to create a game that went multiplatform that was originally a Nintendo game (I'm not saying it's going to happen because I think he's employed by Nintendo, but for the sake of example...). It would just feel so wrong to play a game originally meant for the control layout of the system it was developed for. I just wouldn't do it. It must be an artist thing.

Except the control layout between the PS3 and 360 are basically the exact same (except 360's pad is better lol.) See, that's a bad example because Mario and Zelda aren't Metal Gear. Konami isn't owned by Sony, and Metal Gear isn't a Sony property.

And it's not an artistic thing, since, you know, you didn't create it. Yes, playing it on the PS3 is how the artist intended it to be viewed, but you really have no attachment to the piece of art. It's not like seeing the Mona Lisa plastered on the bottom of a skate board. It's one video game being cloned on another console. You can't tell me Kojima won't have any part in the port.

Posted by Fate

I did say "for the sake of example", since I know it won't happen like ever. I know Konami isn't owned by Sony. I gave the Miyamoto example because I hold him in very high regard, like Kojima.

What I meant by "artist thing" is that I, an artist, am very moved by feelings of others. If my idol, my idol (I'm not even remotely kidding), wants his game to be played a certain way, then that's what I'm going to do. Metal Gear is my favorite franchise, so of course I'm going to have emotional attachment to it. You can't say that I don't.

Kojima doesn't have any part in ports. He designs the games, but he doesn't own the franchise. Konami does. In interviews, he is totally against ports.

I know what you're saying about the artistic **** and holding Kojima is high regards. But if he wants me to buy a 600 dollar system that's far from proved its potential and may never, well... I'll be happy to play it on a 360. I can enjoy art and respect that he wants it to be played on a certain system, but then he should have realised the PS3 sucks and said outright that the 360 is capable of playing the game. Then again, if it doesn't come to the 360, I'll actually buy a 600 dollar system just to play the game.

Now, if it was ported to the Wii... well that's where I draw the line. Currently it would be like one artist deciding he wanted to draw on the left piece of canvas rather than the right.

Also, I realise he's against ports and doesn't own the franchises. But I've gotta think that he has some say in the matter. Maybe not what eventually happens to the game, but I have a feeling they go to him every once in awhile.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting IGN: EGM's rumor mill produced the short article and it's worth noting that no sources were supplied, no quotes were given, and no reasoning was provided behind the alleged move.

[COLOR="Yellow"]In other words, we pulled this rumor out of our asses, or rather, out of EGM's asses.[/COLOR]

Pretty much. But I think it's a safe bet to make. Far from guaranteed, but safe.

Posted by s0ul

I hope this is true so I can hate it on 360 instead of on PS3.

Posted by muffla

i think that this would be great

no if olny restance was on the 360 i would not need a ps3

Posted by Last Fog

Is resistance even that great? All I hear is "40 PLAYER MATCHES!!!" but I tried that in battlefield and its way too much.

Quoted post: Is resistance even that great? All I hear is "40 PLAYER MATCHES!!!" but I tried that in battlefield and its way too much.

It's great. But not anything to buy a console for. You really only play it if you already have a PS3 and nothing more.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Dexter]Play Snake's Revenge, although if you didn't like Metal Gear, you probably won't enjoy it much. Who doesn't like Metal Gear? The game was of the cool.

Snake's Revenge isn't even a true Metal Gear sequel, Dex. Kojima had no say or hand in the matter of [even] producing [or directing] that garbage. Americans blew that one into the waters on the NES. :cool:

Me personally, I would have relabled the cart as "Contra: Bullsh!t".

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Sadistic Grin: Snake's Revenge isn't even a true Metal Gear sequel, Dex.

It's not even a stealth game, so when I hear "Two great Metal Gear games on NES. Those two stealth games were the best...," I just pop a huge question mark over my head as I have no clue what the hell they're talking about. The NES Metal Gear was a poor port of the MSX original, and the true stealth sequel (MG2: Solid Snake) was released only in Japan until we got it on Subsistence for the PS2 earlier this year.

Posted by Dexter

It was stealthy. You had to wait until "I fell asleep" to sneak past the guards and getting by those threatening **** dogs took some serious high-class stealthing abilities.

No, they both sucked. End of.

Posted by Pit

we know dexter has poor taste in games, stop arguing with him vamp, he enjoyed starfox adventures.

hi dexy :-*

So did I :(

Posted by s0ul

The only fun part of Metal Gear Solid is tripping on the stairs. But that easily earns it a 10 in my book.

Posted by Last Fog

This **** is too funny.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ipdKefOtASI

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Dexter: It was stealthy. You had to wait until "I fell asleep" to sneak past the guards and getting by those threatening **** dogs took some serious high-class stealthing abilities.

That was the first one (NES port), not Snake's Revenge.

Posted by Dexter

Oh, I know. I thought someone in this thread that neither of them were stealth games.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

There was no doubt the MGS4 would be on 360. PS3 lost everything except Devil May Cry 4. And MGS4 was the PS3's Jesus Chirst, but not anymore!!!!!

Posted by Random

Found a pretty interesting article about how there are rumors floating that MGS 4 may come to the 360. Pretty interesting.

http://games.ign.com/articles/753/753209p1.html